W2 Stroker comin together!

-
Was just trying to be a second set of eyes. Sometimes you look at the same thing over and over and you forget if that's not the way you want it.
So wasn't trying to be offencive just didn't want you to do something unintentionally.
Sorry it upset your delicate nature Rumble.

No offense taken... My plan was to Dyno the engine which is why looped the hose. But the dyno session kept getting moved out . I dont want this project to turn into a decade long fiasco so I installed the engine. I will chassis dyno it later.
Are you still planning to test both intakes?

that would be my plan... I am really curious about that dual plane !
I finally got a deal on one through summit for $349, so I ordered it. Cant wait to port match it and try it this summer. To what extent did you port your manifold?

How is your project coming along, any updates?

Which manifold ?
The Victor I just opened up the plenum a bit , then opened each runner a little and tapered gradually down to a port match. Anything more might have ruined the intake in my hands.
As for progress I have the engingine trany in ,Daytona CD-1 is wired in for 3 rev limiters ( burnout ,launch and max rpm) using 69 flasher switches and bezels. The fuel pump also uses flasher switch and relay... Looks awesome !

New shorty fan clutch and freshly powdercoated 7 blade mopar fan . Black powder coated Alloy 2 x1" core radiator and fan shroud.
Battery wired to trunk.
Its slow going but its close.

Just visited my driveline guy this morning to order new shaft and 1350 for
ged yokes.
20190212_195654.jpg
20190208_164813.jpg

It all looks great! I was referring to the M1 dual plane w2, I finally got my hands on one? When do you expect you will be up and running? How is weather in Idaho? It is frigid in Alberta right now.

thats a Mancini drop base below it. Plenty of clearance even with a Victor and a 1" Spacer.

thats a Mancini drop base below it. Plenty of clearance even with a Victor and a 1" Spacer.
I was meaning how much air movement is possible through the small space between air cleaner lid and air cleaner base, how much filter is exposed? Unless modified, the space between diameter of lid and diameter of base is only about a half inch all the way around. As far as actually fitting under the hood on a Victor it is no problem.

Man this looks like a killer build! Thats going to be a handful! Oh and by the way I run roller lifters with NO oiling mods whatsoever and it has great oil pressure, even warm.

And what block & year?

Any mods done at all?

Crower severe duty Hippo..

@cpearce. Yes I knew you were talking about airflow.
I assumed it might be deficient at full throttle but figured I would run something different for racing ( Which wont be often). I just wanted to have a spacer and still run stock air cleaner for the stock look.

Crower severe duty Hippo..

@cpearce. Yes I knew you were talking about airflow.
I assumed it might be deficient at full throttle but figured I would run something different for racing ( Which wont be often). I just wanted to have a spacer and still run stock air cleaner for the stock look.
Not you , the other guy who runs rollers lifters with no mods at all and has great oil pressure, even warm. To general of a statement.

They are made by BAM solid roller with needle bearings.

.385" with a 1.8 rocker.
So you have .693 lift at the valve???
That amount of cam lift is probably ok oil pressure wise with those lifters but that does not mean that everybody should run rollers without any mods. Plenty of guys on here with those lifters have low oil pressure. It is a combination of the style of lifter and how much cam lift.

So you have .693 lift at the valve???
That amount of cam lift is probably ok oil pressure wise with those lifters but that does not mean that everybody should run rollers without any mods. Plenty of guys on here with those lifters have low oil pressure. It is a combination of the style of lifter and how much cam lift.

Well the OP has pretty much the same camshaft and everyone is jumping on his *** about how its going to blow up. So I guess its business as usual on the ole internets. I am pretty sure that the OP can draw his own conclusions. He is here sharing his build and everyone is offering their unsolicited advice. And my oil pressure is not probably OK its PERFECT. So maybe the OP should take your advice with a grain of salt.

-
Back