W5 intake pics

-
There didn’t make a W5 low deck intake AFAIK.
And I don’t think there is enough meat there to cut it down that far.
I can double check th catalogs. I don’t have any old ones left though.

A side by side W5 large runner on the left and the small runner on the right.

A few “Around the intake” of the large runner below.

View attachment 1715142756 View attachment 1715142757 View attachment 1715142758 View attachment 1715142760 View attachment 1715142761 View attachment 1715142762 View attachment 1715142763

Thanks for the W5 info & photos , just bought a NOS W5 with box last night [small runner]. Was small and large runner designs for customization or different motorsports in general ? 2000 Mopar Performance catalog lists W5 intakes not sure how long after that the intakes were produced would you know ?
Thanks Chris

If it comes in the original box, there is often a date on the part number label.

I have what I believe is a 2007 MP catalog.
The w5 manifold P5249614 is in this catalog.

Back when i had a W5 motor, intake discussion came up regards what to run.
Back then, the foremost guys to ask were Brett Miller and Ryan Johnson.
Ryan considered the large port Mopar intake the least viable intake to run, the small port a little better, and the Indy intake by far the best.
Brett Miller had just done an Indy intake to use on his W5 engine, and was removing a Victor W2 he had modified to work on W5 heads. I bought that Victor, and ran it for years.
He later told me the Indy was only a hair better on his motor than the Indy.

Was small and large runner designs for customization or different motorsports in general ?
Somewhere in there literature, they describe the smaller runner as a street intake. (AKA-street/strip)
The large runner is a track design.
2000 Mopar Performance catalog lists W5 intakes not sure how long after that the intakes were produced would you know ?
Thanks Chris
I used to know! LOL!

Back when i had a W5 motor, intake discussion came up regards what to run.
Back then, the foremost guys to ask were Brett Miller and Ryan Johnson.
Ryan considered the large port Mopar intake the least viable intake to run, the small port a little better, and the Indy intake by far the best.
Brett Miller had just done an Indy intake to use on his W5 engine, and was removing a Victor W2 he had modified to work on W5 heads. I bought that Victor, and ran it for years.
He later told me the Indy was only a hair better on his motor than the Indy.
To bad I ran out of scratch for that intake. That was a good looking unit all done ready to run.

If it comes in the original box, there is often a date on the part number label.

I have what I believe is a 2007 MP catalog.
The w5 manifold P5249614 is in this catalog.
Thank you yes it has box [Poor shape] but its there I will preserve it
I will look for year once in hand .

To bad I ran out of scratch for that intake. That was a good looking unit all done ready to run.

2E490B09-18AE-40A4-ADE8-49E4BBED5FC8.jpeg
3AD930DA-1B0E-494E-91C0-DD4CF392C2C8.jpeg
2E490B09-18AE-40A4-ADE8-49E4BBED5FC8.jpeg

extensive welding..lol
My buddy i sold the car to still has that intake, its been 140 mph at 3200+

Looking at the pics from earlier, the large port W5 intake resembles the dedicated Stage VI intakes as far as runner and plenum layout.

The stage VI intakes I’ve tested didn’t really work all that well without some tweaking.

@PRH I would like to dig up the funds for a full Wilson porting. That should help out that intake some!

Thanks for the W5 info & photos , just bought a NOS W5 with box last night [small runner]. Was small and large runner designs for customization or different motorsports in general ? 2000 Mopar Performance catalog lists W5 intakes not sure how long after that the intakes were produced would you know ?
Thanks Chris
Are you looking for a set of heads for the intake or do you have them already? Should the heads port out nicely, they can make for a really good head. My first set crapped out early and needed some epoxy. So porting was stopped there. The numbers are good and the ports are very nice, though I did not cc them.

Are you looking for a set of heads for the intake or do you have them already? Should the heads port out nicely, they can make for a really good head. My first set crapped out early and needed some epoxy. So porting was stopped there. The numbers are good and the ports are very nice, though I did not cc them.

Thanks for all info , yes I have heads

My “guess” is..... the P4529460 and P5249614 are basically the same manifold(small port), but with the early(460) or late(614) style water crossover.

My “guess” is..... the P4529460 and P5249614 are basically the same manifold(small port), but with the early(460) or late(614) style water crossover.
Thank you for info etc , will check that once in possession.

Thanks for all info , yes I have heads

just a heads up, but Modern cylinder head has a very nice CNC program for W5 heads.
Its down on power 15-20 horsepower from max effort hand ported W5 heads… but its safe regards integrity issues and is still very stout power wise.

-
Back