wanted- fan spacer .44 thick

-

fastbackfish

Reaction score
I'm looking for a fan spacer for my 67 383 barracuda, according to my 1967 service bulletin it is listed as .44 thick . The build sheet shows 21 as the last 2 digits in the part number. My 1967 parts manual shows no such part. Any help would be appreciated!

Hmmm..that might be a tough one to find if it's a A-body 383 specific part. Best of luck.

Hmmm..that might be a tough one to find if it's a A-body 383 specific part. Best of luck.

you could buy a thicker one and cut it down in a lathe to the desired thickness. that`s what I did just because I had one laying around. ( spacer and a lathe)

you could buy a thicker one and cut it down in a lathe to the desired thickness. that`s what I did just because I had one laying around. ( spacer and a lathe)

That's what I was thinking, the number is on the inside so it will NEVER be seen when installed.

On the size note, I thought all '67-'69 BB A-bodies have a .70" spacer??????
Must investigate more!!!!

Thanks for the info, that's what I figured I would end up doing. I was just hunting for the correct part if available. From what I've seen the 68-69 spacer is .70 thick. I've always heard the 67 was different in many ways from the 68-69 models.

.44 is less than a half-inch -- why even bother with a spacer at that point? Seems dubious to me.

-
Back