WE ARE A GENERATION THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK.

-
I always say things in conversations regarding criticisms of the younger generation what would be called millennials that these millennial kids a.k.a. snowflakes were not born out of the womb they were raised that way first off by their parents which cannot stand to put any boundaries in front of them or have them endure any kind of hardship or challenge for that matter whereas the parents do everything for them they are not made to take on any kind of responsibilities such as chores cleaning the house learning how to do the laundry mowing the lawn raking the leaves shoveling the snow fixing their own bicycles etc. The late bommers like me and gen xrs have allowed and created these behaviors and mannerisms in the Gen y and millennials. We have let the schools run amok and spoonfeed our children all kinds of quite frankly for lack of better words horseshit. Anything you can blame somebody else on first has to be directed at us where it all starts in the Home
Although I agree with you for the most part, not around this place. We talked to them in adult language from day one. They always had responsibilities and payed and got payed for the results of their actions good or bad. Very very seldom was money ever involved. My opinion

A generation that walked to school and then walked back.

A generation that did their homework alone to get out asap to play in the street.

A generation that spent all their free time in the streets with their friends.

A generation that played hide and seek when dark.

A generation that made mud cakes.

A generation that collected sports cards.

A generation that found, collected and washed & Returned empty coke bottles to the local grocery store for 5 cents each, then bought a Mountain Dew and a candy bar with the money.

A generation that made paper toys with their bare hands.

A generation who bought vinyl albums to play on record players.

A generation that collected photos and albums of clippings of their life experiences as a kid.

A generation that played board games and cards on rainy days.

A generation whose TV went off at midnight after playing the National Anthem.

A generation that had parents who were there.

A generation that laughed under the covers in bed so parents didn't know we were still awake.

A generation that is passing and unfortunately it will never return no matter how hard we try.

I loved growing up when I did. It was the best of times.

a generation that;
> was trained up in the way that we should go
> knew right from wrong because Mom taught us from an early age
> got spanked when Dad got home from work, not in anger, but because Mom had told me it would happen if I kept doing what she had said not to do.
> and got spanked in public, as may have been required
> eschewed; tattoos, body piercings, getting drunk, free love, etc
> dressed modestly
> had no electricity, no running water, no indoor-plumbing, and heating was by woodstove stoked up before bedtime; and we woke up to ice on the water pail.
> saw three or more kids huddled in the same bed, under the same blanket, and woke up sometimes with a nightshirt froze to the wall.
> took a bath once a week, when mom dragged the bathtub in; girls first, then the eldest boy, then the riff-raff..
> scrubbed the clothes in the washtub, then hung the clothes on the outdoor wash line to dry, summer or winter.
> that had Uncles returning from the War, not always in the best of mental health, never mind the missing bodyparts and foreign wives.
> in the which, not having birth-control, granny was with child most of her life, and not all of the babies survived.
> in the which men grew old before their time and died early, having wore themselves out. Some were missing various body parts, having lost them to farming accidents. Teeth disappeared early, never to be replaced. Losing a leg or an arm was often a death-sentence.
> often had three generations in the same house
> fall, was slaughter-time
> winter, was a time of hibernation, and looking after those creatures trapped in the barn, that had snow up to the hayloft. There was no car, in no garage. The tractor was in the shed; and nobody was going anywhere until Grandpa shoveled an alley to the outhouse; byo tp.
> Dads, if not actively farming, were boarding in the city, working.
> firewood had to stored up all summer as time permitted
> Mums had to be doctors, Dads were dentists, kids were often just an annoying necessity, older daughters became midwives.
> eventually, daughters were married off and moved to distant parts that took weeks to travel to, if you had a horse and wagon. But they always came back whenever a family member got married or died.
>Grandma read the Good-Book to Grandpa who was one-eyed and had fingers missing, from farming accidents, and was too tired. Us kids listened from the sleeping area with Mum. Dad wouldn't come home until the weekend, weather and finances permitting; and if the pos old car he bought, made it home. But boy-O-boy, he loved that Austin A40; in spite of, every winter the head came off for a valve-job. Dads were mechanics, too.
> people wore a lot of hats. In those years, life was hard. But they had a vision for a better future for their children, my parents; and for their grandchildren, that's me. We had that better-life; but it's gone now. We are in retrograde, being crushed by an oppressive government, exactly as prophesied hundreds of years ago. The "good-life" came and went. As we collectively got richer, we went the way of Solomon, who said; "look; this is what I have done by my hands." And poof! just like that he lost his mind and fell to eating grass. Now, we have done it again; allowed evil to flourish. We will all soon die but not from having reached a good old age......
> Yes, it looks like we are the final generations; WWIII is on the horizon. We will never come back. Humanity as we know it, will be destroyed, the Earth torn asunder. Survivors will sift thru the rubble for a thousand years; God help us all

I don't know how old you are AJ, but I look back at pictures of my father in the 60s and he was always dressed nice and respectfully...that explains why he didn't like my long hair, ripped up jeans and sleeveless iron maiden T shirts in the 80s...:)

Plastic bags over your socks, before putting on your K-mart Trax sneakers so you could trudge your way to school in the snow.

At 10 years old you could repair anything on your BMX bike.

My Great-Grandfather born in Prussia. He escaped persecution from there to Poland to the Ukraine to Russia to Holland, and as a stowaway, immigrated to Canada in the mid 1800s, fleeing oppression. We don't know any more about him.
My Grandfather was born in 1895, died in 1964 IIRC, old and tired, sick and worn-out, having sired 15 children, in extremely difficult times..
My Dad was born in 1937, missed both WorldWars, had 5 kids, died in 2010; older than Grandpa, but still tired, worn-out, but not sick.
I was born in 1953, had just 3 kids, and am coming 69 in June. I am already older than many of my lineage; but Not sick, Not tired, Not worn out, and Not yet old. Each of my ancestors gained years, as time progressed. If the World was to continue as it had up to my Father's death, I could reasonably expect to live to a good old age, full of years, probably into my 90s.
But this old world it seems, is dying faster than I am. I wonder if I will live-out my allotted years. Certainly my children will Not.
Just yesterday late afternoon, I was out in the driveway snowblowing over a foot of fresh snow, with my walk-behind. The driveway is about 130 ft long and 10/12 feet wide. My heart rate was elevated, my breathing was elevated, my body temp was elevated. In spite of how wet and deep the now was, I got done in record time. I got a pretty good workout, with no lasting affects, except I did get a pretty good night's sleep.

a generation that;
> was trained up in the way that we should go
> knew right from wrong because Mom taught us from an early age
> got spanked when Dad got home from work, not in anger, but because Mom had told me it would happen if I kept doing what she had said not to do.
> and got spanked in public, as may have been required
> eschewed; tattoos, body piercings, getting drunk, free love, etc
> dressed modestly
> had no electricity, no running water, no indoor-plumbing, and heating was by woodstove stoked up before bedtime; and we woke up to ice on the water pail.
> saw three or more kids huddled in the same bed, under the same blanket, and woke up sometimes with a nightshirt froze to the wall.
> took a bath once a week, when mom dragged the bathtub in; girls first, then the eldest boy, then the riff-raff..
> scrubbed the clothes in the washtub, then hung the clothes on the outdoor wash line to dry, summer or winter.
> that had Uncles returning from the War, not always in the best of mental health, never mind the missing bodyparts and foreign wives.
> in the which, not having birth-control, granny was with child most of her life, and not all of the babies survived.
> in the which men grew old before their time and died early, having wore themselves out. Some were missing various body parts, having lost them to farming accidents. Teeth disappeared early, never to be replaced. Losing a leg or an arm was often a death-sentence.
> often had three generations in the same house
> fall, was slaughter-time
> winter, was a time of hibernation, and looking after those creatures trapped in the barn, that had snow up to the hayloft. There was no car, in no garage. The tractor was in the shed; and nobody was going anywhere until Grandpa shoveled an alley to the outhouse; byo tp.
> Dads, if not actively farming, were boarding in the city, working.
> firewood had to stored up all summer as time permitted
> Mums had to be doctors, Dads were dentists, kids were often just an annoying necessity, older daughters became midwives.
> eventually, daughters were married off and moved to distant parts that took weeks to travel to, if you had a horse and wagon. But they always came back whenever a family member got married or died.
>Grandma read the Good-Book to Grandpa who was one-eyed and had fingers missing, from farming accidents, and was too tired. Us kids listened from the sleeping area with Mum. Dad wouldn't come home until the weekend, weather and finances permitting; and if the pos old car he bought, made it home. But boy-O-boy, he loved that Austin A40; in spite of, every winter the head came off for a valve-job. Dads were mechanics, too.
> people wore a lot of hats. In those years, life was hard. But they had a vision for a better future for their children, my parents; and for their grandchildren, that's me. We had that better-life; but it's gone now. We are in retrograde, being crushed by an oppressive government, exactly as prophesied hundreds of years ago. The "good-life" came and went. As we collectively got richer, we went the way of Solomon, who said; "look; this is what I have done by my hands." And poof! just like that he lost his mind and fell to eating grass. Now, we have done it again; allowed evil to flourish. We will all soon die but not from having reached a good old age......
> Yes, it looks like we are the final generations; WWIII is on the horizon. We will never come back. Humanity as we know it, will be destroyed, the Earth torn asunder. Survivors will sift thru the rubble for a thousand years; God help us all
Well that was cheerful!!!!

Brings back some memories. In the mid 60s, my grandfather had a big radio with I think 7 bandwidths like am, fm, some shortwave bands, weather, etc.. There were only 3 fm stations I could get, one being WRNA, Charlotte, NC. I only remember one host saying "Calvin here" and I think there were maybe 3 sponsors from the Charlotte area. IIRC, he played a lot of the "new" rock music but not just the top 40 type stuff, but other tracks from an album as well. And the station signed off every night at midnight to Jimi Hendrix Star Spangled Banner.
I also collected Marvel comics: Avengers, Thor, Ironman, Hulk, Spiderman, Dr Strange, Fantastic Four, and others. Never cared for the DC comics.

Last edited:
ill have to check if i remember the call sign and see if they still do it, but a few years ago i used to work at a place where often times they had a certain country station on
everyday at noon, they would play the star spangled banner

Plastic bags over your socks, before putting on your K-mart Trax sneakers so you could trudge your way to school in the snow.

At 10 years old you could repair anything on your BMX bike.
you must be about my age.... 'cuz yes to it all ^^ I played with stomper 4x4's too (first generation in the early 80's)

lets not forget....a generation that had great taste in wheels

poke.gif

Jokes, Funny Stuff, Anything Goes

I mean, it doesn’t say reposting the same thread over and over again out of a sense of misplaced nostalgia while blaming everyone else for your own failures but I suppose “anything goes” covers it.

But I mean really, are you guys so insecure that you need to rehash this post every 4 months?

I remember when a kid could stay at home alone when he was 10 years old because his Father had confidence in him and his knowledge and use of firearms were well honed.
I remember when there was no central A/C and heat. Cooling was done by fans and the heat was by burning firewood.
I remember when you would go to church and teach your children to learn and obey God's word.
I remember when a kid would lower and fold the US flag every night.
I remember when a kid had his most fun digging in the dirt in a creek bottom.
I remember when father taught a kid how to shoot guns, use a chain saw, and mechanics.

Oh wait, that's my 10 year old son.

E519D51E-7F18-4010-931B-7CD7D1F46648.jpeg
EFF29FB1-F7D5-467A-91FD-BE202F27ABA3.jpeg
CBFF0843-7BAE-4651-817C-F6D0E8AF1DB6.jpeg

I remember when a kid could stay at home alone when he was 10 years old because his Father had confidence in him and his knowledge and use of firearms were well honed.
I remember when there was no central A/C and heat. Cooling was done by fans and the heat was by burning firewood.
I remember when you would go to church and teach your children to learn and obey God's word.
I remember when a kid would lower and fold the US flag every night.
I remember when a kid had his most fun digging in the dirt in a creek bottom.
I remember when father taught a kid how to shoot guns, use a chain saw, and mechanics.

Oh wait, that's my 10 year old son.

View attachment 1715908566 View attachment 1715908568 View attachment 1715908569

i send my kids to private school
it is 3rd grades responsibility to raise the flag each morning and lower it at dismissal

20191024_150745-jpg-jpg.jpg

I mean, it doesn’t say reposting the same thread over and over again out of a sense of misplaced nostalgia while blaming everyone else for your own failures but I suppose “anything goes” covers it.

But I mean really, are you guys so insecure that you need to rehash this post every 4 months?
What is it hurting? What about this bothers you? I'm not wanting to argue. I must be missing something.

Hey, when or IF you make it to as old as us old FARTS, you will have a hard time remembering what you had for supper.... but you will well remember every pimple on every girl *** you saw at age 16. :poke::poke::poke::popcorn:

I can't speak for @72bluNblu but between this post and the exact same post on FBBO, started by the same guy?, there had been a lot of "Kids these days.." sentiment.

The sentiment, to me, was that kids had just progressively gotten worse and when Boomers were growing up they were just innocent fun havers. Never do one of the old timers stop to think that the terrible children of today were RAISED by THEM nor are there people today even raising upstanding little citizens.

For me it is the ego that is a turn off. Rose colored glasses. When I look back at the 60's and 70's I can see that dangerous ideas were implemented into college curriculum and students became parents and had kids that think you can change your gender every day of the week. They became the public school teachers. I think of the crack/cocaine epidemic. I think of the weak men who were made by good times. Those good times were provided to the children of the 60's and 70's by strong men of the 40's and 50's because they had hard times.

We are in hard times right now, brought to you by .... Baby Boomers. No disrespect. Just accept it.

So, if everyone could just check your ego at the door and realize we are in a pickle right now and it is every living humans responsibility to do better, regardless of whose music was better. It's okay to recognize you had good times growing up but don't think fo a second you are the high water mark.
Ok. Got it.
It wasn't my intention to imply that I was better or smarter than anyone else. It just brought back memories for me. The Jimi Hendrix Star Spangled Banner was, in my opinion, terrible.
I have never thought of myself as going with the flow. School bored me terribly. I do enjoy learning, just not what public schools teach. I have never, ever liked ball sports, professional or otherwise. I have never liked camping, hunting, fishing, or anything like that. And no NASCAR or wrestling.
I always liked clean street bikes, nice street cars, drag cars and drag racing in the seventies. Got into flying real and radio control planes in the 80s.
Non of my interests were good for humanity.
I hate that planet has been plundered and polluted, but what are we gonna do now?
I do remember that when I was young, I wanted to be different from old people. Didn't want to like the things old people liked. Now that I am old, I see things a lot differently.

Pay me no attention. I was raised by parents old enough to be my grandparents and I am 74. My wife was raised by her grandparents. People that lived thru the Great Depression and WW11 plus Korea and fought in both.
Wife and I hord canned food and on the hoof and ammo for small game. We store extra water for emergencies. We have enough old clothes and coats to outfit half the Mexicans coming across. But we keep them, just in case.
We have some $$$$actually buried in some jars. We always have 5-6 extra 5 gal.gas cans just
in case", there is a working outhouse for emergencies, The list is long.:lol:

Wife and I hord canned food and on the hoof and ammo for small game. We store extra water for emergencies.

We are getting there. We can, hoard, learn the old ways, buy property .... My wife and I had grandparents like you but our parents were/are somewhat of the typical Baby Boomer type (Government has your best interests in mind, All the bad things are someone else's fault, as long as you just pay your bills and taxes everything in the world will work out, orange man bad).
We decided we didn't want to teach our kids those things. In my line of work I see the very real possibility of death routinely, I am a combat vet who has seen too much death, and I have a very real fear of death due to carcinogenic chemical exposures.
Nothing calms my fear like a day of teaching my son skills and praising God. I know that I will die some day and be delivered from this earthly suit. I will not worry for my son's future either.

@tinman2 No worries. I actually erased that post because I didn't know how people would receive the message and I'm not the best articulator at times.
What I was trying to say is enjoy your memories of the past but don't tear down other's who just happened to come after you. There has been that attitude here with this one and posts like it.
I am not trying to poop on memories of cherry bombs in toilets and baseball cards in bicycle spokes. Just saying don't blame the Gen X,Y, Millennials for everything bad in the world today. That's tribalism and every generation has it's good and bad. There are some amazing young people today.
I mean, Klaus Schwaab and George Soros are in their 80's or 90's and they are more responsible for how our world looks today than anyone else alive.

A generation that walked to school and then walked back.

A generation that did their homework alone to get out asap to play in the street.

A generation that spent all their free time in the streets with their Friends.

A generation that played hide and seek when dark.

A generation that made mud cakes.

A generation that collected sports cards.

A generation that found, collected, washed & returned empty coke bottles to the local grocery store for 5 cents each, then bought a Mountain Dew and candy bar with the money.

A generation that made paper toys with their bare hands.

A generation who bought vinyl albums to play on record players.

A generation that collected photos and albums of clippings of their life experiences as a Kid.

A generation that played board games and cards on rainy days.

A generation whose TV went off at midnight after playing the National Anthem.

A generation that had parents who were there.

A generation that laughed under the covers in bed so parents didn't know we were still awake.

A generation that is passing and unfortunately it will never return no matter how hard we try.

I loved Growing up when I did. it was the best of times.

311574700_527668639366663_5922432310158225555_n.jpg

Yep, all of the above and the Fifties and Sixties were a great time to grow up, but those great decades were a gift to us from the Greatest generation. They made the scarifies and had the courage and fortitude, the loyalty to the country first with a unselfish, honest, modest common sense approach

-
Back