WE ARE A GENERATION THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK.

-
Ya know it's just like any other generation, slackers and go getters. It's the advancement in Technology that brings out the best and worst in people, look at the Internet, it has brought everything out of the closet, can't lock the undesirables in the attic anymore and cell phones, though convenient, texting while driving, WTF?

Last edited:
I grew up in the long haired hippie, dope smoking, free love, rebelling, never will amount to anything generation. The way some of you look down on these young people, is nothing compared to what we went through. All in all, I think we turned out pretty good. I have friends that complain about their kids leaching on them. Who raised them? My son got his first job at 16, and since has yet to ask me for a dime. He goes to work everyday, some of which may be 12-14 hours. I taught him work ethics, just like my Father did me. Some of you may have already given up on these young people, but not me. In my 50 years, most of which was in management, I had several young people work for me. Some didn’t make the cut, but most I taught those same type of ethics. Some of those hated me at the time, but now come back and thank me because that guidance helped to make them successful. The most pride I took in my job was to help those working for me to be the best they could be. Not just at their job, but life in general. I was pretty successful in my career, but I couldn’t have done that if my crew wasn’t successful also.

When I was a machine shop supervisor there was this one kid who really wanted to learn. So each day or so I would teach him something new in the machine shop. One day after about a year and a half of me teaching him as much as he could handle he came up to me and said, "One day I'm going to know so much that I'm going to take your job!!". I laughed and said, "Well if that happens do you know what it will mean?" He said, "What will it mean?"

I said, "It will mean that I'm a damn good teacher!!" Then I continued, "But you'll also have to learn how to teach people like you snotty nosed kids!!" "Think you can handle that?" Then I went on, "By the way, I may have taught you a lot about how the machine shop works but I haven't even touched on the CNC machine programming that I do in the office while you're out here yanking your crank". "Then you still have to learn how to set up the CNC machine using the programming that you wrote". "If you crash the $150,000.00 machine because of your programming you won't be here long". He said, "Well, I'm not too good at math." I said, "Do I have to teach math as well!!!?" "If you want my job you're going to have to step up!!" The kid had a different attitude after that day, he turned out to be a pretty good machinist!!!

Last edited:
And that's your right but just don't force it on me. Guns I don't like where religion is a big farce and if you're a believer then I have a bridge I'll sell ya
Not a farce Mark, like a placebo pill if it calms, energizes and makes people be good to one another it’s a good thing. Just don’t try and force it one me.

^^Like a guy said other day, "maybe God is not real but if it all makes me a better human, thats great. And IF I get to stand before God in the end and He is real, then he was not a "loser" after all".
If my faith pisses off anyone, then they can calmly kiss my Rebel *** and I will stand in front of anyone and say that to their face.
I doubt any of this has to do with various generations.

First off, your post gives me hope for the future. But I would have to ask, where did these folks hail from? Just curious.

Mostly from San Diego, CA. The older guy is originally from Illinois. We had one female in the group that is from NJ. She is a badass. She pumped out somewhere around 200 push-ups!
There was multiple kids that were too young to buy a lighter (required for each person in case you need to do a burn-out). Have to be 21 to buy one now.

^^Like a guy said other day, "maybe God is not real but if it all makes me a better human, thats great. And IF I get to stand before God in the end and He is real, then he was not a "loser" after all".
If my faith pisses off anyone, then they can calmly kiss my Rebel *** and I will stand in front of anyone and say that to their face.

Totally agree. If me being a believer in the end is wrong, oh well. As you said, it made me a better person. For those who don’t, and I’m right, hate to be them.

Whatever floats your boat

View attachment 1715842413

·

A generation that walked to school and then walked back.

A generation that did their homework alone to get out asap to play in the street.

A generation that spent all their free time on the street with their Friends.

A generation that played hide and seek when dark.

A generation that made mud cakes.

A generation that collected sports cards.

A generation that found, collected and washed & Returned empty coke bottles to the local grocery store for 5 cents each , then bought a Mountain Dew and candy bar with the money.

A generation that made paper toys with their bare hands.

A generation who bought vinyl albums to play on record players.

A generation that collected photos and albums of clippings.

A generation that played board games and cards on rainy days.

A generation whose TV went off at midnight after playing the National Anthem.

A generation that had parents who were there.

A generation that laughed under the covers in bed so parents didn't know we were still awake.

A generation that is passing and unfortunately it will never return!!..

I loved Growing up when I did.
that awesome and very well said

that awesome and very well said
Ah bell bottom pants and wing tip platforms. Wore them so long in the leg they would cover your shoes. They would drag in the snow and freeze half way up to your knees, making a clunking sound of the floor when you walked into a building. Makes me smile.

It would be interesting to hear comments from Millennials here on FABO on my post #190???

Let's see if we can jump this off the rails..... Before Religion was taken out of schools how many multi fatality shootings did we have in the education system? There was a time where even if you didn't believe in the Cloth something would pluck you in the head before you made a fool of yourself..... Just my observation of it. As a man once told me in regards to religion it's better to have more and not need than to need more and not have.....

One things for sure in that everyone that ever was and ever will be is going to find the answer.

JW

When I was a kid, we faced the flag, put our right hand over our heart, and recited the pledge of allegiance. Then we bowed our heads, and said a prayer. Even the ornery kids showed respect while we did these. There weren’t school shootings back then.

-
Back