We Are Mopar-Gas Monkey Live

-

73SwingerDart

Reaction score
Did anyone else go to this last weekend in Dallas, TX?
I saw a few A Bodies there besides mine. It was mostly modern Mopars but there were some sweet classics also.
I felt honored that my 71 Scamp received a "Top 50 award" out of 900 cars!
FB_IMG_1472091302472.jpg
FB_IMG_1472091302472.jpg
edited_1471782580078.jpg

no offence to you, but having those idiots connected to mopar is about as good for the brand as having kapernick is for the 49ers

congrats on the price though

nice stuff! two questions - where did you get the "chin" spoiler? and isn't that emblem on the grill upside down?

nice stuff! two questions - where did you get the "chin" spoiler? and isn't that emblem on the grill upside down?

Thanks Scamp Mike! Ding ding ding...you are the winner! I have been waiting more than 6 months for SOMEBODY to pick up on that! All the cars shows I have been to nobody has noticed. Good job and a keen eye. Haven't changed b/c a shark tooth grill is going in soon!

The show was not put on by Gas Monkey...The Dallas Mopar club "DWFLX" put the show on and they rented the Gas Monkey Live parking lot to hold the show. Actually was a great spot for it and probably hard to find a lot around that could hold that many cars. No Monkeys were seen! :)

Ooops, forgot...Spoiler is from "Spoiler's by Randy". He is in Arkansas and makes them by hand in his garage. It is steel and comes painted. Around $125 if I remember correctly, he has a website.

DaScamp.jpg
that'll look GREAT with the "340 sharktooth" on it!!! I will look up "Spoiler's by Randy"
I might be a tad biased about the "340 sharktooth" :D

That is a nice scamp, and I'm sure a well deserved award.
That orange Nova is pretty nice also. :D

but having those idiots connected to mopar is about as good for the brand as having kapernick is for the 49ers

If not those idiots then who because there aren't a whole lotta idiots lining up to push the pentastar product out there. I do t see you on T.V.! Come on! Get your arse in gear and start waving the flag at events and get your butt on a TV show!

What have you done for the brand? , nationally!

I'll take all the exposure the brand can get.

If not those idiots then who because there aren't a whole lotta idiots lining up to push the pentastar product out there. I do t see you on T.V.! Come on! Get your arse in gear and start waving the flag at events and get your butt on a TV show!

What have you done for the brand? , nationally!

I'll take all the exposure the brand can get.

really, you'd rather have people think all mopar people are hack jobs and swindlers then remain unknown?

not the kind of publicity I would want

It's not the person but the brand exposure.

Now, as far as the person(s) reputation goes, your concern is well noted and understood.

I have a question for you and anyone else out there;

What have you done lately to correct this?

I have a question for you and anyone else out there;

What have you done lately to correct this?

put about 3-400 miles a week on the duster, talking to anyone who starts up a conversation about it, explaining no, it is not a nova, and no it doesn't have the sixpack hemi like the guy they knew in highschool

just giving it positive exposure

Amen! & Atta-boy!
That's the way to do it.
Since we're not on TV!

It is so annoying at times when people just have to stop and pysically block you to tell you there "Amazing story" and there Dads Nova, just exactly like yours!
And how identical they are.

I honestly get annoyed at the question, what is it. And with a stiff upper lip I smile and say, "Read here & here on old cars. And point to "Plymouth" & "Duster" or what ever I'm driving.

So glad they went to high school.

people ask me what it is all the time...it doesn't take a genius to figure out it is a 71 duster ;)

"So! You put FIREBIRD tail lights in your car?!?! What a custom job that is! Sooooo coooool"

Ya get that one yet?

-
Back