Web attack notice

-
I suspect some of the problems stem from the browser used, lack of updates and not current anti virus.

norton is a horrible program get rid of it. also ive worked on tons of Mac's with viruses. get avg and malwarebytes free versions they work a heck of alot better. and just a side note i built my pc and comparing it to a mac is like comparing a mopar to civic lmfao and at 1/4 the price

Obviously there's something going on because we never used to see these threads up until a few weeks ago. I had to reformat my hard drive at work because I picked up a virus on the F bodies forum that wouldn't go away.

I think there is probably a common denominator to these problems other than the site. Obviously people are having problems associated with logging in, but what are the other common denominators ie; browser, operating system, anti virus, how well each individual is maintaining their system etc.

from what i can remember a few were running norton and internet explorer try getting ride of norton and use firefox. just an fyi antivirus and browser software can also give false positives

I had that problem a while ago. There was a thread on updating Java. Go find that thread.

If you just "update" java, you may get that message. Remove all Java from your computer and then reload the latest version. That's what got rid of the problem for me.

Knock on wood when you say that, I heard there are some things being written that can attack those too.

Well since I switched over a couple years ago. I don't miss what all of you are going through. I remember computer week in my office at least Once a month. Windows has run its course in my life and has cost me a whole bunch of $$ with their silly problems.
There was an interview with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs before he died. One of the digs Steve Jobs had at Bill Gates was that Itunes to a windows user was like giving Ice Water to someone in Hell.

I use to be a Hard Core Windows Supporter. Not anymore. What a waste of my life fixing all the bugs etc that goes along with it.

I do however Run Windows 7 using parallels on a partition of my MAC. No virus's, no lock ups, nothing. It runs real good on my MAC. I do this only to run a few Mortgage Software Programs and IE to run credit reports. They say IE is safer than any other browser which is a full blown lie.

-
Back