Weight loss and perseverance

-
I am in the middle of a liver cleanse and have lost 15 pounds with it, as I always do, we always have any patient do a 21 day liver cleanse so they can actually process the body fat during weight loss. You can't lose fat if your body can't digest it! I do it once a year. I get into ripped shape once a year and when I notice I am "backsliding" I do m y liver cleanse and one month HCG diet to reset me again. I am 6'2" 235 with around 15-20% body fat most of the year. I also live in Hawaii, the healthiest state in the nation, which has some built in advantage- I eat all organic produce from local farms, which is actually cheaper than store bought, only grass fed or free range meats, again cheaper than store bought mainland organic or hormone free. All of our patients first big wieght loss comes from switching off anything that is not labeled organic, and cutting out all grains, permanently. Grains are the most evil thing you can put in your body these days, sorry to say. I love pasta and Pizza, it was hard to give up and replace!

For me, this is total inspiration!

She is right, age is no excuse for not becoming what you want to be!

D76D5DDD-69B7-4089-BB5B-2789F2B65FDA.jpeg

A6B6DCA0-CDE6-4B80-BA10-0E60F55DE329.jpeg

0A053D07-0B63-43C1-B2B3-D0B7CFD0F6CC.jpeg

It’s been a couple of months since I posted here. I am still going strong!

Like I stated previously, my focus is now more on health and fitness than weight since I hit the 100 lbs lost goal.

With all the workouts and fitness building, it’s hard to say where my weight is now compared to before, but I have a lot less body fat and more muscle. My impedence body meter says I’m down to 28 lbs fat left to lose...but I have gained another 2 lbs of muscle.

Every time I look in the mirror, I see the results.

Holy crap! It is starting to look like I have guns!

:)

A3BD0212-45A8-489B-80BF-6DE51DBA74B4.jpeg

Pretty impressive Dave! looking good.
a lot has to be said about maintaining health as we get older. I have been dealing with leg pain for the past 5 months. Walking was difficult but doable.
So any form of exercise was impossible.
Dr was lining up all sorts of tests.
I booked an appt at the physiotherapist and 3 weeks later its gone. A pinched nerve.
5 months of suffering. Go figure.

so, has your vision improved? last time we chatted it was slowly going back to normal.

Pretty impressive Dave! looking good.
a lot has to be said about maintaining health as we get older. I have been dealing with leg pain for the past 5 months. Walking was difficult but doable.
So any form of exercise was impossible.
Dr was lining up all sorts of tests.
I booked an appt at the physiotherapist and 3 weeks later its gone. A pinched nerve.
5 months of suffering. Go figure.

so, has your vision improved? last time we chatted it was slowly going back to normal.
Hi Frank, glad your leg/hip is getting better!

My vision is still fubar and only slightly improved since last we spoke. Damn Covid stole half of my sight in my left eye...but not my life.

I’m adapting to what I expect will be a vision imparement that persists for the rest of my days.

So be it.

I will persevere...

Lookin good my friend! We've kinda hit a plateau, but our doctor says it will keep comin off. We just need to keep on keepin on. He's right proud of us. lol

Lookin good my friend! We've kinda hit a plateau, but our doctor says it will keep comin off. We just need to keep on keepin on. He's right proud of us. lol
As well he should be! Keep the faith and keep on persevering!

:thumbsup:

Hi folks, it has been a long time since I last posted here...but I am still going strong!

I am now down over 115 lbs and focused on building strength and muscle. To that end, I have built out a full home gym in the basement and I am adding more equipment to it as I go.

This was how it looked last weekend, and 2 more pieces of eguipment are being installed this weekend...free bench with fly and leg lift stations and another 300 lbs of weight plates.

The whole family is participating and getting great enjoyment from using it. I hope everyone here is doing well and enjoying life also!

5CF1BF5E-14AF-49EF-B72B-4285526DE87A.jpeg

41B15A29-422B-425D-9368-5FEDB6F9E70E.jpeg

Wow!
No giving up for you!
For almost a year i have been having muscle issues in my legs, makes for long days and short nights. Dr’s are no help.
So i keep going while i can.

glad to see you are taking care of yourself!

Hi folks, it has been a long time since I last posted here...but I am still going strong!

I am now down over 115 lbs and focused on building strength and muscle. To that end, I have built out a full home gym in the basement and I am adding more equipment to it as I go.

This was how it looked last weekend, and 2 more pieces of eguipment are being installed this weekend...free bench with fly and leg lift stations and another 300 lbs of weight plates.

The whole family is participating and getting great enjoyment from using it. I hope everyone here is doing well and enjoying life also!

View attachment 1715903273

View attachment 1715903274
Way to go Ddaddy. You make us proud. Kim

Wow!
No giving up for you!
For almost a year i have been having muscle issues in my legs, makes for long days and short nights. Dr’s are no help.
So i keep going while i can.

glad to see you are taking care of yourself!

Same problem I have. I;m 74 and do says its just age. I gt down and aweful hard to get back up.
Getting hit head on by a 85 mph drunk 50 years ago did not help maybe. It cut the tendons in my left leg into.

Wow...congratulations! So many people have told me no matter what they do they can't lose weight but you are proof it is very possible.Will power and a knowledge of foods are all that is required.
From another post it is hard to believe grains are harmful when every healthy living creature eats them.

Last edited:
Wow...congratulations! So many people have told me know matter what they do they can't lose weight but
you are proof it is very possible. Will power and a knowledge of foods are all that is required.
From another post it is hard to believe grains are harmful when every healthy living creature eats them.

100% true

I work part time as an online fitness consultant / trainer. YOu can take the above statements to the bank.

Anyone can lose weight, it's as simple as diet and/or exercise. (notice it says, and/or) Diet also means, what you eat. For most people, read that as MUST BE SUSTAINABLE, a lifestyle.

Anyone who says they "can't lose weight no matter what they do" is doing something, or multiple things wrong.

The grains comment, for most people, a balanced diet or protein, carbs and fats is optimal, and they prefer this. Keto has it's place, but is often done wrong and also tends to fail in leaner more active people. Low carb also has it's place, mostly with diabetics, borderline diabetics, people addicted to fats and the sedentary.

Age....the biggest BS excuse ever. Every person I hear say this is a combination of the following; inactive, eating the wrong amount, or eats the wrong things.

Are there medical reason aside from diet that contribute to weight issues? Yes! There are mainly 2; 1. T3 levels and low Testosterone. Have them checked and corrected. YOU SHOULD BE IN THE TOP 25 PERCENTILE OF THE NORMAL RANGE in the afternoon.

The heaviest I have ever been is 233 lb
I'm about 5'10 now, at one point I was 6' even. My Dr (actually I usually see the PA) was complaining about me losing some, last time in I was down to 214.
I used to work with a guy who was ~5'8 and at least 500#. He lived at the bar, and while at work always did the minimum. This was a guy that you never wanted to be downwind of, without a gas mask....
I often told my wife that if I got anywhere near that size, to fix it the easiest way, just feed me some lead....

-
Back