Weird dreams.....let's see some of yours!

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know that much if the time, nobody cares about the dreams that others have, but....
This morning I sprung AWAKE from a dream, the likes of which I have never had.
Something was posted online and after some research, I uncovered some Russian plot involving Mafia type business with a local businessman. I got strange feelings that they were going to come after me.
I walked into the shop and heard shuffling, I suspected a bird or rodent but nothing was seen. I brushed it off as being something that I imagined.
I went back to the house and went inside. A closet door was closed that I always leave open and the dogs were nowhere in the house as they always are.
Strange spidey-senses really kicked in.
I went for one of my guns and loaded it, rocked the slide and was ready. I walked through the kitchen to see a man coming through the patio door backing in, trying to be quiet. He had a gun in his hand and as he turned my way, he got two in the chest and fell immediately. No warning, just snap-snap before he could aim and fire.
Now, given the prevailing theme of movies and TV, you'd think it was pretty tame. I'm not John Wick but to me, that shook me up.
I walked the rest of the house looking for a second intruder but found none, then called 911. I pondered about the risks...maybe another team was waiting to step in as backup...Who wants to wait 15 minutes for Police to arrive when the killers could be there in 3 minutes.
I woke up at 6:30 to this dream...I do not wake up that early anymore unless I set the alarm. THIS woke me up and I couldn't return to sleep.
I laid in bed figuring that this was just an outlandish creation of my own mind but wow....what detail and impact it had on me. I got up and checked the safe. All is well.
I have a history of unusual dreams...How about you?

I have learned that some, to many, perhaps most, of my dreams do not originate in my own mind.
I have not watched TV in over a decade.
I do occasionally watch an old western on my lap top.
I rarely remember my dreams.
But when I do, they are sometimes of a sexual and/or perverse nature. A nature not my own, and things I have not seen nor heard. Most of my remembered dreams are of a nature not of this world.
I have no doubt whatsoever, that the world we see with our eyes, is NOT all there is.
In my dreams, anything goes; the physics of this world do not apply. Weapons thought of, instantly take form. Flying from place to place, thousands of miles apart, takes almost no time at all. I have learned to battle things, in my dreams, from the invisible realm.
Occasionally, dreams come to me while I am fully awake, and I have to stop whatever I'm doing, and take care of business in that invisible realm, then resume my tasks in the visible one. Time does not exist the same in that realm. Sometimes hours in the invisible, are seconds in the present.
It has become a way of life.
I used to wake up terrified. Those days are in the past.
I do not have prophetic dreams. I do not battle humans.
I do not try to understand my dreams, I just battle.
We are stronger than are they.
BTW
Sickness, disease, and infirmity, originate in that realm.
We the living, at least some of us, do not have to accept what comes from there.

I know that much if the time, nobody cares about the dreams that others have, but....
This morning I sprung AWAKE from a dream, the likes of which I have never had.
Something was posted online and after some research, I uncovered some Russian plot involving Mafia type business with a local businessman. I got strange feelings that they were going to come after me.
I walked into the shop and heard shuffling, I suspected a bird or rodent but nothing was seen. I brushed it off as being something that I imagined.
I went back to the house and went inside. A closet door was closed that I always leave open and the dogs were nowhere in the house as they always are.
Strange spidey-senses really kicked in.
I went for one of my guns and loaded it, rocked the slide and was ready. I walked through the kitchen to see a man coming through the patio door backing in, trying to be quiet. He had a gun in his hand and as he turned my way, he got two in the chest and fell immediately. No warning, just snap-snap before he could aim and fire.
Now, given the prevailing theme of movies and TV, you'd think it was pretty tame. I'm not John Wick but to me, that shook me up.
I walked the rest of the house looking for a second intruder but found none, then called 911. I pondered about the risks...maybe another team was waiting to step in as backup...Who wants to wait 15 minutes for Police to arrive when the killers could be there in 3 minutes.
I woke up at 6:30 to this dream...I do not wake up that early anymore unless I set the alarm. THIS woke me up and I couldn't return to sleep.
I laid in bed figuring that this was just an outlandish creation of my own mind but wow....what detail and impact it had on me. I got up and checked the safe. All is well.
I have a history of unusual dreams...How about you?
I've had some similar dreams, often with themes of pursuit/fighting encompassing them, and I have been snapped fully awake a few times. I don't know why or what to interpret from these dreams but they can be extremely vivid and near impossible to get back to sleep after.

Most of the times when i dream, times of my life overlap

For instance, it's quite common for me to dream I am living with my wife in the house I grew up in...one she has never set foot in

I dream a lot and have had some bazaar ones over the years. I have never uncovered a Russian plot or took anybody out that I remember. Dreams can be disturbing though. Many of mine had to do with being at work, even long after I retired. I've had a couple presidents show up in my dreams, which was kinda weird.

My brother read in his book that some Doctors think that some of our dreams pass through our minds in a non linear manner, jumbled and out of order....that when we wake up, our conscious mind tries to assemble the sequences in an order that makes sense.
The scenario where you are in a childhood home with your current wife that has never been there could be two independent thoughts that your brain is trying to merge.

A lot of mine are about work (retired 14 years ago) and not knowing what I'm doing. Sometimes I dream of being lost in a familiar place and trying to call My Wife but my phone go's bonkers and won't connect. I had suffered with sleep paralysis my whole life until 2 years ago I didn't give in and fought it off. It doesn't happen anymore.

I've had plenty of dreams about my years in construction.

I feel better thinking that weird dreams are the byproduct of a creative mind.
I've had the dream where I'm out and about running errands, then I look down and I'm naked. This is supposed to signify being unprepared.
I've had sexy dreams with women that were not really sexy but the aura of the dream sure made it feel right.
Rarely have I had erotic dreams about other women when I'm in a committed relationship....I wonder if that stems from my drive to avoid doing things that I know I'd regret later. Guilt eats at me when I've done someone wrong.
I don't have a fear of falling. I've worked above ground and am not nervous doing it. (Despite my fall from my own house roof 5 months ago)
I ought to look up the possible explanation for those dreams I mentioned about running into numerous obstacles when trying to get home....Maybe it is an exercise in developing problem solving skills?

Usually I'm running very slow or I'm slipping trying to get away from a three-headed dragon or something

I've had the dream where I'm out and about running errands, then I look down and I'm naked. This is supposed to signify being unprepared.
I've had sexy dreams with women that were not really sexy but the aura of the dream sure made it feel right.
Rarely have I had erotic dreams about other women when I'm in a committed relationship....I wonder if that stems from my drive to avoid doing things that I know I'd regret later. Guilt eats at me when I've done someone wrong.
I don't have a fear of falling. I've worked above ground and am not nervous doing it. (Despite my fall from my own house roof 5 months ago)
I ought to look up the possible explanation for those dreams I mentioned about running into numerous obstacles when trying to get home....Maybe it is an exercise in developing problem solving skills?
I believe that these vivid dreams are the product of a creative and active mind too. I also will sometimes have very sensual dreams, some with women that I know or have met at some point recently. I find these types of dreams makes for a good restful sleep.

I have had numerous dreams about meeting people, and within 3 days I do. I have had a bunch of dreams of conversing with dead friends or relatives. There is a difference I can feel between these dreams and the regular dreams that don't mean anything.

When I tell my wife about my vivid dreams she doesn't believe me and says I've made it up! Some weird ****. A lot of aliens and frequently Godzilla. Who I like.

You mean THIS one?

*********************************************************************************************************************
"So ok, this is a little long. So this happened last Sunday morning "sometime". I had a friend I went to school with. He was 3 years ahead of me. His sister was like a year ahead of me. Really good guy. I worked with him later at a local Autozone in Macon.....I guess about 89-90. Then, I worked with him again at the local Chevy dealer where I was an alignment tech and he in the parts department. We always kept in touch here and there after I left. He eventually ended up at the local Cadillac dealer in parts as his last job. Robby got sick with stage 4 colon cancer and died 4 years ago. It was really a sad thing. He was just the nicest guy....all the guys wanted to be him cause all the chicks were fallin all over him, but he was never full of himself and always humble and gracious. Good Christian, great conservative. I cannot say enough good about him.

So......Sometime Sunday morning, the 4th of July I had a dream that he was in. There I was back in the parts department at the Chevy dealer again. Real as all getout. All the guys were there. We were all laughing, joking and cuttin the fool Nobody was saying anything about any car parts. All of a sudden, everybody got real quiet and serious lookin and Robby with a serious look on his face said "Tell my wife I love her". It woke me up out of a dead sleep. I had to get up and get a glass of water. It was that real. It actually kinda upset me.

Now, so far, this could be just a random dream like most any other. We've all had dreams I'm sure that seemed really real. I have his widow, Amy on Facebook. Met her when I worked at the Chevy dealer. Don't know her that well, I just know who she is. So I get up Sunday morning and tell Kitty all about the dream. Not like it's a big deal or anything. Kitty says I need to send my number to Amy and get her to call me and tell her about it. I said no, it wasn't that big a deal...Kitty urged me to do it anyway saying she might be going through a rough time and need something uplifting. The more I thought about it, the more I knew Kitty was right. So I did. I sent Amy my number through messenger.

So she calls me the next day and I tell her all about the dream. Of course, like I DIDN'T want, she starts ballin. I apologize saying I didn't mean to cause all that but she says "no these are tears of joy, I need to explain something". She proceeds to tell me that Robby's FAVORITE holiday was July 4th. That even as strong a Christian as he was, he loved the celebration of our country's founding even more. She said he went all out decorating the house, getting fireworks, cooking out...REALLY got into it. Makes sense, as he was a really BIG patriot.

It gets better. Amy has been on Facebook over ten years She told me she has never even opened messenger. Never even looked at it. She said something was tugging at her to look and sure enough she had a message. It was me.

I don't know about yall, but that's more than a mere coincidence. Robby and I weren't terribly close, I'd say when we worked together, we were pretty tight. I feel like we kinda always had a like connection of interests in different things and probably could have become really close had our paths not separated somewhat. I believe I may have experienced something from "the other side". I don't care if some of yall think it's stupid or not. I just had to share it. I've sat on it too long."

*************************************************************************************************************************

That is an interesting one. Thanks for that.

You mean THIS one?

*********************************************************************************************************************
"So ok, this is a little long. So this happened last Sunday morning "sometime". I had a friend I went to school with. He was 3 years ahead of me. His sister was like a year ahead of me. Really good guy. I worked with him later at a local Autozone in Macon.....I guess about 89-90. Then, I worked with him again at the local Chevy dealer where I was an alignment tech and he in the parts department. We always kept in touch here and there after I left. He eventually ended up at the local Cadillac dealer in parts as his last job. Robby got sick with stage 4 colon cancer and died 4 years ago. It was really a sad thing. He was just the nicest guy....all the guys wanted to be him cause all the chicks were fallin all over him, but he was never full of himself and always humble and gracious. Good Christian, great conservative. I cannot say enough good about him.

So......Sometime Sunday morning, the 4th of July I had a dream that he was in. There I was back in the parts department at the Chevy dealer again. Real as all getout. All the guys were there. We were all laughing, joking and cuttin the fool Nobody was saying anything about any car parts. All of a sudden, everybody got real quiet and serious lookin and Robby with a serious look on his face said "Tell my wife I love her". It woke me up out of a dead sleep. I had to get up and get a glass of water. It was that real. It actually kinda upset me.

Now, so far, this could be just a random dream like most any other. We've all had dreams I'm sure that seemed really real. I have his widow, Amy on Facebook. Met her when I worked at the Chevy dealer. Don't know her that well, I just know who she is. So I get up Sunday morning and tell Kitty all about the dream. Not like it's a big deal or anything. Kitty says I need to send my number to Amy and get her to call me and tell her about it. I said no, it wasn't that big a deal...Kitty urged me to do it anyway saying she might be going through a rough time and need something uplifting. The more I thought about it, the more I knew Kitty was right. So I did. I sent Amy my number through messenger.

So she calls me the next day and I tell her all about the dream. Of course, like I DIDN'T want, she starts ballin. I apologize saying I didn't mean to cause all that but she says "no these are tears of joy, I need to explain something". She proceeds to tell me that Robby's FAVORITE holiday was July 4th. That even as strong a Christian as he was, he loved the celebration of our country's founding even more. She said he went all out decorating the house, getting fireworks, cooking out...REALLY got into it. Makes sense, as he was a really BIG patriot.

It gets better. Amy has been on Facebook over ten years She told me she has never even opened messenger. Never even looked at it. She said something was tugging at her to look and sure enough she had a message. It was me.

I don't know about yall, but that's more than a mere coincidence. Robby and I weren't terribly close, I'd say when we worked together, we were pretty tight. I feel like we kinda always had a like connection of interests in different things and probably could have become really close had our paths not separated somewhat. I believe I may have experienced something from "the other side". I don't care if some of yall think it's stupid or not. I just had to share it. I've sat on it too long."

*************************************************************************************************************************

That is an interesting one. Thanks for that.
Yes.

Makes sense

All my dreams were with people with no face.
I don't dream much in my golden years, if at all. I'm not a sound sleeper.
But when I was younger having a deadly brawl with a faceless being or sex with a beautiful body with no face.

Guilt eats at me when I've done someone wrong.
If it's a dream, there's nothing wrong, it's just a dream.
I'm sticking to my story of the faceless woman, I'm pretty sure it was my neighbor in one dream. lol

I often dream of High school and not being able to open my locker...or....it's the first day of class and I don't know where I'm going or what class I'm supposed to be in.

High School was 30 years ago for me...

It's likely that I have subconscious fears of being unprepared or feeling inadequate under stress. Which is funny because I'm known as the Swiss Army Man to my team at work and I get **** done. I guess those nasty existential anxieties have to manifest themselves somewhere.

I do think that those dreams of obstacles we are dealing with are a matter of developing problem solving skills.

I have three stupid recurring dreams. I'm not sure if they mean anything.
1. I am retired USAF. I frequently dream that I am back in the Air Force, and I am scheduled to fly the next day. I tell them that I can't fly because I don't have any flight gear, and I am not current in the airplane (C-130). Nobody pays any attention to me, and the next thing I know, I'm in the airplane in civilian clothes flying a mission.
2. I forget where I live. It's time to go home, but I forget where I live. I remember the part of town I live in, but not exactly where my house is.
3. I don't have a job, and I am worried about how I will pay for stuff; very worried. Then I wake up and realize I am retired and really don't have a job.

Harrison, I don't often repeat myself but I do wonder if yours also relate to testing you for "problem solving skills".

I had one 30 years ago that I killed a man and buried him in the backyard. I was in another house when I had the dream and woke up in a panic, wondering how I could sneak back to the other place to unearth the corpse to move it.
I know what motivated the dream....The county was offering a free service where they'd crush old septic tanks and fill dirt over them to prevent any future cave-ins from failing tanks. I heard this on the radio and maybe a week later I had the dream. In it, I figured anyone digging in the yard of my old place would find the body and trace it back to me.
I've never killed anyone and certainly wouldn't bury anyone in my OWN backyard if I did.
I woke up from that dream momentarily fooled by it, then the fog lifted and I wondered why the heck did I even dream such a weird thing!

-
Back