Weird Engine In A-Body

-

SwinginDart74

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what is the weirdest engine you guys have seen in an A-Body, or what weird engine do you have in your A-body, and by weird I mean non MOPAR. I once saw a 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger with a 350 Buick in it, weird but kind of neat, was done very well

Theres a guy here who put a big ol electric motor in place of his big block 440.
I think it's kinda cool to sneak up on the enviro greenies, have them give you dirty looks cause they think you got a big honking gas guzzler under the hood, then you show them the electric motor and batteries under the hood and tell them they are the big polluters in their Prius'.

It's kinda like telling public school teachers that (God created evolution.)
They think about it all day and it frustrates them to no end as your hear their brain cells popping. ha, ha.

I think it was a barracuda with a Mazda motor/tranny that was on CL Seattle a few times. There is an older post on here somewhere with a few weird ones.

I saw a Dart with a twin trubo 440 that had a set of custom headers...it was realy cool :D

j

Never seen anything but a good ole Mopar engine between A-body fenders but once while roaming the junkyard I saw a 350 Buick in a early 70's Ford 3/4 ton. Who ever put it in was real good cause it looked factory. That was weird.

My Neighbor had a 1949 GMC truck with a 383HP in it!! He pulled it out and gave it to me for free still had the HP manifolds on it.
Jim

I saw a 3.8 litre Turbo from a '84 Buick in a 62 Valiant at a show in Estes Park. It was really a sanitary install too. A big hump on the floorboard was the only clue when the hood was closed. Usually an off brand engine in a Mopar sours my stomach but not in this case......

i was gonna put a lexus motor and tranny in mine lol. but figured a good ol' mopar would do a lot better for my first muscle car lol

I want to see a modern 4cyl or 6 in an A-Body, but I would prefer it to be from some sort of chrysler product. Like an SRT-4 motor... would be cool. Even a V6 TT from a stealth/3000GT. 3.9 V6 is pretty cool too, but I know that one has been done at least a few times, and is pretty much a bolt in anyway.

This past summer,in the stageing lanes at the track I seen a mid 70,s Toyota Celica G.T with a 3.8 Turbo Gran National motor in it.He couldn,t keep it in a straight line.Was fast as hell though and different.:toothy10:

there is a honda crx online with a 350 in it. its got the blower on it and the exhaust manifolds are even sticking outta the hood lol. its on youtube.com lol

I'd like to see a Tesla Bladeless Turbine in an A-body. It'd be tough to out-weird that one.

There was an orange notchback on ebay once with Nissan fwd in it. Even the Nissan console , shifter, etc.. was in it.

Seen a Chevy small block in a Duster one time, but the car was in a junk yard because it had been rear ended badly.

there is a honda crx online with a 350 in it. its got the blower on it and the exhaust manifolds are even sticking outta the hood lol. its on youtube.com lol
I remember that video. I was told by some guys I work with that it was fake.

i have seen two different ones ant the rwd one seemes pretty real to me lol. but never have seen it in person

I want to see a modern 4cyl or 6 in an A-Body, but I would prefer it to be from some sort of chrysler product. Like an SRT-4 motor... would be cool. Even a V6 TT from a stealth/3000GT. 3.9 V6 is pretty cool too, but I know that one has been done at least a few times, and is pretty much a bolt in anyway.

Ah, you're reading my mind :read2:.
The plan for my '65 Valiant convertible is an SRT-4 motor backed by an R154 (Supra Turbo) 5 speed. Mounting that sucker might be a bit of a trick, but I'll see when I get there...

I Found A 340/727 In A 1967 Firebird Complete With Mopar Headers,only One Pipe On The Header Was Changed To Fit Firebird. Car Had Hawaian
Plates On It.turned Out To Be A Good Running Drivetrain For Only $300.00. Thats Been 20 Years Ago. Like To Find Another One For That Price

I had a friend back in Florida that had an AMC pacer with an Olds toranado front wheel drive 455 installed in the rear. It looked neat, you look in the rear window and see dual turbos and nitrous. It had a piece of lexan to separate the driver from the engine...Dean

I had a 350 chevy in my pontiac fiero. almost looked factory. the car was retard fast !

IMG_0682.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0681.jpg
[/IMG]

Here are the pictures

-
Back