Weird thoughts of the day.

-
on the subject of jesus, moses, & allah, there is an old saying that may well pre-date all of them, it goes "beware of false prophets"

I guess I should have picked a less controvercial thought of the day.

I had no idea someone would get so offended.

In my head, it was kinda like one of those werid Saturday Night Live things where the guy would ask deep questions like that.
I forget what they called it.

Anyways, just remember, everyone has their own upbringing on this subject with different experiences, different teachers, different parents etc.

Just remember this "Every knee will bow, every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."

The time will come, so if you think it's a joke now, just remember his name when the time comes regardless of what you think you know or don't know.

I'd rather pray for someone than to curse them, just remember that J.R.

Sorry if I offended you.

I was not now or at any time offended by anything in this thread, in fact I thought it was quite thought provoking

I was not now or at any time offended by anything in this thread, in fact I thought it was quite thought provoking

Good, I guess my premise was misunderstood.

I should have known that religious comments should have been in another forum.
My bad for even starting it.

I only regret that anytime a person shares their faith that someone has to lambast them. I don't understand it. I don't do that to people of other beliefs or of no beliefs, whichever the case may be. Simply put, God loves everyone of you, so who am I to NOT love you?

I have said enough! And thank you cudaspaz for your comments!

So JR, if you do get to heavan, and there's several praying that you do, and you find that God really didn't cause all this BS on your planet, who would be next in line to get kicked in the balls.........I can tell ya who it would be but he wont be in heavan. Sounds like someone has some bad information. Your post refered to the likening of a comic book. Interesting to say the least. Thank you, as your post has led me to reach over and pick up the comic book you refered to. I keep it close. Thumbing through it i've found a few notations that i feel might be appropriate for your rebutal. In Proverbs 14:12 it says," There is a way that seemeth right to a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death". That could apply to many. Look down a bit further and you'll see in Proverbs 14:16," A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident." With that said, i have to agree with you on the issue that many people really dont live the life they think you should live. Many feel that folks should walk the straight and narrow but they themselves are immune to that teaching, so with that said refer to Proverbs 19:5, "A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape". One thing for sure is that we all can honestly say that it will truly be interesting in the end. Your buddy.
Small Block

i'm am in no way quilified to judge anyone. everyone on FABO is a friend of mine no matter of religious belief's, race, creed, or poor spelling

Wait till you are so close to death you can feel yourself slipping away and you pray in earnest to be saved because you are not ready to leave the ones you love and you suddenly know you have been heard and the paramedics give you oxygen and bring you back to life. Then you will no longer care or worry what the JR,s of the world believe. You will feel sorrow for them but their words of athiesm will sound like a joke to your ears because you will know. I was buried under 8 feet of dirt in a cave in and said my prayers and gave up and asked Jesus to take me as I vomited on myself.Probably 30 minutes later they missed my head by an inch with a backhoe bucket and hand dug my head out and gave me oxygen. Four men swearing they were part of a miracle is all the proof I need. Believe what you want. I know. Everyday I stop and thank the lord for my life in one way or another.Sometimes its by doing something good for somebody so i can hope he,s glad of his decision to spare me. DD

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

Good way to think averagerod. All we can really do is pray for and hope for the best in everyones life, as we should.
Small Block

It is tiresome to continuously hear religion used to separate people from each other, give cause for war, and easily allow people to pass judgement on each other arguing that there is only one way to live your life....the way YOUR god says you should. The books most religions preach by are all written so long ago that they really don't apply to the world we now live in. You can take out small portions and obscure riddles and use them in whatever context you wish to support your motives, but what are you really proving? These books generally also tell stories of violence, rape, incest, and murder. If you really stop and logically think about the majority of the stories in the bible, it is so hard to believe that they actually happened, that it is appalling that more people don't assume that could actually JUST be a STORY. Sure it can give drones without confidence and direction a pretty good outline to live by: don't kill, don't steal, don't screw your neighbor's wife, but wouldn't it be nice if these drones could just think for themselves and do good just because they really want to. Not because a big bearded dude in the clouds is going to put them on time out an punish them? Talking snakes? Two people repopulating the planet without sever birth defects from interbreeding? Parting of the ocean? It kind of sounds like an XMen movie to me. Maybe there was a big flood and a guy named Noah that rescued animals on his boat. Maybe there was a carpenter named Jesus that got nailed to a cross. Perhaps the people that wrote about them over the course of thousands of years added there superstitions and philosophies to the stories to make it a good read. It has almost become like one of those Pyramid businesses. Sell as many people to your cult as you can and god will reward you 10 fold. Brainwash people when they are children, threaten them with what the scary monster satan will do if they question any of it, and feel great knowing that god is on your side. If it makes you feel less afraid of death and it helps you to understand the difference between right and wrong, fine. Wonderful. Just know that not everyone needs it and freethinking people with logic may laugh at it every once in a while, because frankly it is very hard not to.
Try to give credit to real things and real people in life that inspire you and give you strength. Maybe who you should be praying to when your life is saved is the firefighter that pulled your *** out of the fire or crushed car, or maybe the surgeon that sewed you back up. Feeling lucky and having a new appreciation for life after a near death experience is normal for anyone, religious or not. Why is it always god that gets credit for anything good? Why is it that there is always a vague and open ended explanation for when god messes up. Well, the lord works in mysterious ways. Yeah he does, EXTREMELY mysterious.
Religion has made the Pope a celebrity, it has sheltered child molesters and taken money from the poor to feed the fire of the church. It is sick. Imagine if people set god aside and used their money for parks, education. and health care instead of the Pope's fancy hat and candles, incense, and ridiculously large churches that now look like giant corporate buildings or elaborate space ships made out of glass. I could go on for days, but this is a car forum and anyone who reads this that is religious will do what they always do. Block it out immediately because the logical questions that I am asking scare the crap out of you. You don't want to doubt any of it because your faith keeps you safe and it makes you not afraid of the terrible things in life that might happen to you. So go ahead and say that you will pray for me, it will make you look good and maybe change someone's mind about god....anyone have an extra air cleaner base for a super six set up that they want to get rid of?

I believe in myself.

Ya beat me to it, Dakota. But let's all be thankful that we don't live in one of many countries in this world that, if your lucky, you only get "relocated" for fostering the incorrect (not government approved) religious belief or worse case you're just taken out and shot. What a world eh.

And don't worry Spaz I'm not offended by this subject, mostly because I'm very secure in my beliefs.

Ya beat me to it, Dakota. But let's all be thankful that we don't live in one of many countries in this world that, if your lucky, you only get "relocated" for fostering the incorrect (not government approved) religious belief or worse case you're just taken out and shot. What a world eh.
in the nice countrys they take you out first, in the others they just shoot you

*Disclaimer: Not trying to piss people off, just trying to answer some questions and being some ideas to the table

You can take out small portions and obscure riddles and use them in whatever context you wish to support your motives, but what are you really proving?
The Lord chooses to reveal only the things to you that you need to know. Obviously, you've read things in the Bible that seemed like riddles, but have you ever read anything in any given book that truely clicks with you? In the Bible, only certain things may make sense to you, and this is because you must believe and love Him to fully understand what He is saying. Jesus answers this questiona as to why he speaks in riddles in Matthew 13:9-11: 10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given

These books generally also tell stories of violence, rape, incest, and murder. If you really stop and logically think about the majority of the stories in the bible, it is so hard to believe that they actually happened, that it is appalling that more people don't assume that could actually JUST be a STORY. Sure it can give drones without confidence and direction a pretty good outline to live by: don't kill, don't steal, don't screw your neighbor's wife, but wouldn't it be nice if these drones could just think for themselves and do good just because they really want to. Not because a big bearded dude in the clouds is going to put them on time out an punish them?
The books of the Bible by no means applaude rape and incest and murder infact, they are outlined in commandments number 6 Thou shalt not commit adultry(which includes infidelity, rape, incest, homosexuality, pre-marital sex and pedophilia), and number 5 Thou shalt not murder

You say that the commandments are a set of rules to make drones out of people, but they are really a way to show us just how evil and corrupt we are. Jesus says if we hate another man, we haved commited murder in our hearts Matthew 5:21-22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mathew 5&version=NKJV . The 10 commandments were put in place to show us just how much we fail before the Lord, not that if we follow them we'll have eternal life. Even more so, it is impossible to follow them. The commandments in Exodus are only 10 of 600+ throughout the Bible. Jesus came so that we could claim Him as our sin offering to completely clean us of our iniquity. Some say tha because of this we could just run around chopping eachother's heads off because our sins will be forgiven. This is true, BUT after you're saved, you have no desire to hurt your Father. The best way I can put this is if your SO gave you a free ticket to go out and cheat on him/her as much as you wanted, would you do it? In my own case, I would not want to because I love my Fiance too much to hurt him like that even if I knew I would be forgiven. It's the same way with God. After He's come into your life you don't want to hurt Him because you love Him. Just a little tangent here: Many say that salvation is by works; that if you do good things that you can go to heaven. However, if you follow this reasoning, the bad grossly outnumbers the good you do in your life. Then people will ask why believers even go out and do good things if their salvation is guarenteed? It's because God changes our hearts to servants' hearts, that want to serve Him, not because we think we're saved by it.
Two people repopulating the planet without sever birth defects from interbreeding? Parting of the ocean? It kind of sounds like an XMen movie to me.
Please read this article about halfway down nder the heading Objections and sub heading Biological Deformities: http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/who-was-cains-wife

Brainwash people when they are children, threaten them with what the scary monster satan will do if they question any of it, and feel great knowing that god is on your side. If it makes you feel less afraid of death and it helps you to understand the difference between right and wrong, fine. Wonderful. Just know that not everyone needs it and freethinking people with logic may laugh at it every once in a while, because frankly it is very hard not to.
If people only belive because they were brainwashed as children, then what about those of us who were saved as adults/young adults? Before I was saved I wasn't afraid of death; in fact I was suicidal. I had my own ideas between right and wrong; society gave them to me, I didn't need help understanding. And I question your definition on "free-thinking". Wouldn't that be opposit of what society is saying? Society tells me that I'm a distant relative to a primate, that Homosexuality is fine, that emotionally abusing your children isn't that bad, that cheating on your wife is common-place, marriage is ment to be broken, and yet believers are said to be conformist. Wouldn't we be better classified as "free-thinkers"? I grew up in a family of Atheists, aren't I a "Free-thinker" for opposing what my family and friends believe?
Try to give credit to real things and real people in life that inspire you and give you strength. Maybe who you should be praying to when your life is saved is the firefighter that pulled your *** out of the fire or crushed car, or maybe the surgeon that sewed you back up.
When has praying to a person ever paid off? Can a stranger know all of your thoughts and feelings? Can a stranger know you better than yourself? Jesus teaches that all men fall flat when trying to obtain perfection. My birth mother volunteers in a drug rehabilitation center, and yet she physically and emotionally beat me growing up. A person will never be able to live up to your expectations, and will never be able to save you 100% of the time, no matter what good things they may do.

Religion has made the Pope a celebrity, it has sheltered child molesters and taken money from the poor to feed the fire of the church. It is sick. Imagine if people set god aside and used their money for parks, education. and health care instead of the Pope's fancy hat and candles, incense, and ridiculously large churches that now look like giant corporate buildings or elaborate space ships made out of glass.
You're right, religion is used to elevate people, to rip them off and cause pain. Jesus rebukes the Pharisees and the temple changers multiple times in the Bible, (http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=pharisees&qs_version=NKJV) because following a religion is not what He wants for your life--He wants a relationship with you, He wants you to know Him so that you can trust Him.

I could go on for days, but this is a car forum and anyone who reads this that is religious will do what they always do. Block it out immediately because the logical questions that I am asking scare the crap out of you. You don't want to doubt any of it because your faith keeps you safe and it makes you not afraid of the terrible things in life that might happen to you. So go ahead and say that you will pray for me, it will make you look good and maybe change someone's mind about god....anyone have an extra air cleaner base for a super six set up that they want to get rid of?
I'm glad you asked these questions, it made us all think and I hope I was able to scrape the surface of the answers to them. For the record, these questions don't scare the crap out of me, they're what bring me closer to God. I hope they at least made you think :) I will pray for you, but not because it will make me look good, but because you're a fellow mopar brother, and I care about all of you. Sorry don't have the aircleaner, got a 69 val grille laying around?

*Disclaimer: Not trying to piss people off, just trying to answer some questions and being some ideas to the table

The Lord chooses to reveal only the things to you that you need to know. Obviously, you've read things in the Bible that seemed like riddles, but have you ever read anything in any given book that truely clicks with you? In the Bible, only certain things may make sense to you, and this is because you must believe and love Him to fully understand what He is saying. Jesus answers this questiona as to why he speaks in riddles in Matthew 13:9-11: 10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given

The books of the Bible by no means applaude rape and incest and murder infact, they are outlined in commandments number 6 Thou shalt not commit adultry(which includes infidelity, rape, incest, homosexuality, pre-marital sex and pedophilia), and number 5 Thou shalt not murder

You say that the commandments are a set of rules to make drones out of people, but they are really a way to show us just how evil and corrupt we are. Jesus says if we hate another man, we haved commited murder in our hearts Matthew 5:21-22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mathew 5&version=NKJV . The 10 commandments were put in place to show us just how much we fail before the Lord, not that if we follow them we'll have eternal life. Even more so, it is impossible to follow them. The commandments in Exodus are only 10 of 600+ throughout the Bible. Jesus came so that we could claim Him as our sin offering to completely clean us of our iniquity. Some say tha because of this we could just run around chopping eachother's heads off because our sins will be forgiven. This is true, BUT after you're saved, you have no desire to hurt your Father. The best way I can put this is if your SO gave you a free ticket to go out and cheat on him/her as much as you wanted, would you do it? In my own case, I would not want to because I love my Fiance too much to hurt him like that even if I knew I would be forgiven. It's the same way with God. After He's come into your life you don't want to hurt Him because you love Him. Just a little tangent here: Many say that salvation is by works; that if you do good things that you can go to heaven. However, if you follow this reasoning, the bad grossly outnumbers the good you do in your life. Then people will ask why believers even go out and do good things if their salvation is guarenteed? It's because God changes our hearts to servants' hearts, that want to serve Him, not because we think we're saved by it.

Please read this article about halfway down nder the heading Objections and sub heading Biological Deformities: http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/who-was-cains-wife

If people only belive because they were brainwashed as children, then what about those of us who were saved as adults/young adults? Before I was saved I wasn't afraid of death; in fact I was suicidal. I had my own ideas between right and wrong; society gave them to me, I didn't need help understanding. And I question your definition on "free-thinking". Wouldn't that be opposit of what society is saying? Society tells me that I'm a distant relative to a primate, that Homosexuality is fine, that emotionally abusing your children isn't that bad, that cheating on your wife is common-place, marriage is ment to be broken, and yet believers are said to be conformist. Wouldn't we be better classified as "free-thinkers"? I grew up in a family of Atheists, aren't I a "Free-thinker" for opposing what my family and friends believe?

When has praying to a person ever paid off? Can a stranger know all of your thoughts and feelings? Can a stranger know you better than yourself? Jesus teaches that all men fall flat when trying to obtain perfection. My birth mother volunteers in a drug rehabilitation center, and yet she physically and emotionally beat me growing up. A person will never be able to live up to your expectations, and will never be able to save you 100% of the time, no matter what good things they may do.

You're right, religion is used to elevate people, to rip them off and cause pain. Jesus rebukes the Pharisees and the temple changers multiple times in the Bible, (http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=pharisees&qs_version=NKJV) because following a religion is not what He wants for your life--He wants a relationship with you, He wants you to know Him so that you can trust Him.

I'm glad you asked these questions, it made us all think and I hope I was able to scrape the surface of the answers to them. For the record, these questions don't scare the crap out of me, they're what bring me closer to God. I hope they at least made you think :) I will pray for you, but not because it will make me look good, but because you're a fellow mopar brother, and I care about all of you. Sorry don't have the aircleaner, got a 69 val grille laying around?

Quoted from the link you offered.... "Each person inherits a set of genes from his or her mother and father. Unfortunately, genes today contain many mistakes (because of sin and the Curse), and these mistakes show up in a variety of ways. For instance, people let their hair grow over their ears to hide the fact that one ear is lower than the other. Or perhaps someone’s nose is not quite in the middle of his or her face, or someone’s jaw is a little out of shape. Let’s face it, the main reason we call each other normal is because of our common agreement to do so!"

"genes today contain many mistakes (because of sin and the Curse)" Pardon my language but ARE YOU &$*!%#) SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This just goes to prove to me that there is no more common scene left on this planet and it is pointless to even talk about this because it will all end the same...."I will still pray for you" and "wait until you are dead and then you will see" this is worse than the political forum and twice as scary!

12 step programs are great aren't they.

As long as this thread remains civil i would see no need to interfer with inteligent debate and the exchange if ideas. There should be no winners and no losers. I will say this "No greater love has a man than to lay down his life for another". Thank you to all of our military that have done just that for all of us here state side and around the would, whether appricative or otherwise. I must show respect to anyone that would and did put their life on the line for mine.
Small Block

JR, any particular yr on the base? I may have one. I'll check today.

Sorry, I think I did go a tad overboard looking back. It's a touchy subject for me. My dad is a big christsian and it would hurt him more than anything to know what I feel.

Teen, Nothing wrong with being considerate of others, even if it is your father. Give him flowers while he's living. Good on ya buddy.
Small Block

JR, headed out to check on your part in a few.

This thread has gone much better than I expected :-D

Kind of along theses lines, the Jehovas paid me a visit this weekend, I said I had an issue with that no blood transfusion deal, my daughter would be dead if we were JoHo's. She just poo pooed that away and said blood just gives you disease, uh ok, that and life if you need it. :munky2:

-
Back