Well i sold my lift today

-
Thanks for the pictures but that isn’t going to get me where I want to be. Sitting on my 10 inch ramps the body is up around 16 inches. I laid under it yesterday on a creeper and there’s no way I want to work like that having to get in and out like I do for tools and stuff.
I call it garage aerobics. I've got a mystery ankle injury that I'm blaming on getting up the wrong way one time too many. It's not the first time I've hurt myself doing it.

I would love to have a mid rise but don't look forward to man-handling them around when they get in my way. Not the fault of the lift system, more the fault of not building big enough to begin with.

Home Depot may offer specials on them for BF again.
I just checked and they're already marked down on the HD site.

I haven't yet figured out the model numbers though - they're slightly different comparing HD to the QJ sites. HD is a 5000SLX, QJ only shows a 5000TLX so it might not be apples-to-apples. I wonder if it's just a naming difference or if it's similar to the Lincoln welders HD sells, they're not quite as good as the ones you get at a welder's supply.

Apparently each side is 80 lbs - so at least they're not super heavy and an old man can move them around with a little grunting.

ETA, I found this to explain the diff between the HD model and the QJ model:
QuickJack - for those of you wondering

TLDR: the quickjack TLX series adds 4" and a 3rd locking position so that might be a better choice than the SLX that HD offers.

Last edited:
Well this guy finally sent me a message and said they have them and they are shipping out. I thought I had my mind made up but may
35D68845-8564-44DA-BA87-6E68D44DC56F.jpeg
slow down and think on it for awhile. I do have a transmission that needs removed and rebuilt but it won’t be needed to April. These go 9 and 14 inches from the bottom of the tire and two would cost me around 550.00 delivered.

Canadian Tire had the QJ on sale up here a while back. I believe around $1200-1500. (20% off I think) I didnt realize CT carried them. My garage is 500 sq ft with 7' ceilings. I know it would be a pain to move and trip hazard.

-
Back