Well it's a dam* good thing I noticed the fine print LOLOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
"Just happened across this" and started out sounding interesting..........

Drive a Race Car – Spokane County Raceway

race1.jpg

race2.jpg

race3.jpg

race4.jpg

race5.jpg

And now for the fine print LOLOL

race6.jpg

That's right. You read that right. You break "our" race car, you get to buy us one, even though we rented you a seat. But you can buy insurance, if you don't mind paying the extra grand on top of the premium!!

Oh I thought it was because you were only 17.............

Last edited:

View attachment 1715604827

That's right. You read that right. You break "our" race car, you get to buy us one, even though we rented you a seat. But you can buy insurance, if you don't mind paying the extra grand on top of the premium!!
so you really think they're going to rent you that high-end race car and let you plowed into a wall walk out laughing and that's it for $125?... :realcrazy:...

Not really
My car insurance covers "regular" rentals

I dont know if it would cover one of these

Exactly. That's why you'd have to buy their coverage, or don't and pay for any damage you cause. Folks have that choice, just like when you rent any other car.

Besides that what a dud having to drive a 400 + horsepower car around a quarter-mile track. I would much rather go to Las Vegas and do the Las Vegas track...
Besides that I have a 400 + horsepower Mopar that I do the quarter mile on all the time LOL...

Exactly. That's why you'd have to buy their coverage, or don't and pay for any damage you cause. Folks have that choice, just like when you rent any other car.

No, what I'm saying is, the coverage I have on my dailies will cover any vehicle I rent from avid, hertz or what have you

So there is a chance they would cover this too (though I would double check before getting in)

No, what I'm saying is, the coverage I have on my dailies will cover any vehicle I rent from avid, hertz or what have you

So there is a chance they would cover this too (though I would double check before getting in)
i was an insurance agent for a little over 2 years. If you read the fine print on your policy, there will almost certainly be an underriding clause stating that coverages will not be provided for "performance driving" will be listed in it. Or it may say, off public road events something to that effect. 95% of the insurance companies out there wont cover it unless specifically designated to. There's only a small handful of companies that will cover performance driving in your policy and those are tied to the vehicle. Haggerty is one, but you have to declare that when you buy your policy.

$60 with a $1000 out of pocket.

Not terrible.

How much does a car cost?

Uh, no.

View attachment 1715604827

Here I thought the deal breaker would be to crawl through the 15x28 window slot:D

i wouldnt let anybody drive one of my dirt late models foe less than a grand for 1 race night, + damages!! and thay cheap compared to nascrap rides! a 1/4 mile oval is a lot more intense thay any drag strip ever could, especially with a full field of cars on it at same time!!!!!!

We did the Allen Berg Racing School 10 lap experience (or something like that) a few years ago - similar cost - get to drive a Formula Renault (1355 pounds, 530 HP, sequential shift, sticky tires) - they set up a 'road course' in a parking lot - short course, 2 small straightaways - first fastest/scariest part of the whole day was when the whole session (7 people?) got piled into a minivan that was driving by Allen Berg (Formula One driver) - pretty sure he ran 20+ mph faster than we did in the race cars - with 8 people in the minivan - terrifying ride - he casually talked us through the course while whipping this unbalanced beast through the course...

Then we got to play follow the leader with everybody driving behind a pace car/guide car to learn the lines. Then we got 10 laps (I think that cost extra) - I doubt we ever got much over 40mph (super easy to spin out), but it was hella fun...extremely throttle responsive - . Totally buy the insurance package! It would've been a lot more fun if I didn't have to pay for 4 people :)

I paid for one car (my son's) to have a camera on it, too - here's an excerpt - it felt a lot faster than it looks on the video - and amazing how much grit those slicks throw into your helmet in an open wheel car!

-
Back