well its never happened to me till now

-

azmopar

rust free parts guy
Reaction score
Went a looked at a Craigslist dakota pickup today. Nice looking truck, opened the door and BLAMMMO wheeeeeeew whats that smell?? asked the owner(who was standing back away from the truck) Man whats that ??? Replies its cleaning fluid, i had the truck professinally dry cleaned in the interior. Checked the seats dry. hmmm ok so i roll the windows down drive it around the block a/c works good bu the smell isnt getting any better checked under the seat for any offending items(rags with fluid left on it) nothing. drive it back to the owners place get out let him know that im gonna have to think about it. I drive away stop at the stop sign on his street , neighbor of his comes out of the garage sees me in my truck and wasves at me to troll the window down, ok so i do he says "i saw ya drive by i so and so's truck. yep i said he then says"i wouldnt buy it, his wife killed herself in the truck, apparently thye guy selling it was out of town for 4 days and came home to his wife, dead in the front seat. she popped a whole bottle of pills and was dead for "several days" before the guy gets home and finds her body. Now im all grossed out
crazy.gif

WOW! that must have been bad and sad and you will never get the smell out of it. remember myth buster with the pigs. imaging driving and look in the mirror and see some one behind you.~!?

Well I guess its time to trash the clothes u had on prob wont ever get the smell off of them...truck will have to have complete interior trashed and replaced including the carpet,think I'd pass on this one,prob haunted...lol

We bought a car at auction, couldn't believe the price (Lincoln Continental),.. and found out why, it too had had a deceased person in it.. We rolled up windows, put hotplate with saucepan full of ammonia in it.. boiled it till we thought it was done, pulled the plug, let it sit for a coupla days, then opened it up to air out for a few days,, "fumigated" it,, smell was nearly gone, smelled okay for a ford... sorta worked for us...

You will never get the smell out, the interior will need to be replaced. In cases where the deceased has been in the car for a long extended period of time, the car is a write off because even complete interior replacement will not get rid of the smell.

I helped my uncle replace 100 % of the interior in a corvette once for a similar reason. Cat died delivering kittens under the back window while the owner was in jail. They had used a wench to drag the car out of the garage and left it sit there until it sold, cheap too.
Somebody owns and drives that car today without a clue of its history.

Yikes, That gave me the hebe-Jeebies. I looked like this clip below after I read that.:D MMG

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUObBYvEarw"]YouTube - ‪Best Ace Ventura clip EVER‬‏[/ame]

It happened to me with a '65 Coronet 500. When I went to look at it the windows were rolled down. It was warm outside so I didn't think anything of it. After it sat overnight with the windows up I noticed "the smell". I new the previous owner had died because the seller had the power of attorney, but I didn't realize until it sat with the windows up that he had died in the car. Never did get rid of that smell.

i have always thought about the human history of some of my real old cars ive owned. has anyone ever delivered a baby in the back seat, or did someone lose their virginity in the car,and of course has anyone died in it, list goes on.

Now everytime you smell that solvent you're gonna get that image in your head. You're scarred.. scarred for life. I'd sue, but we cant sue for that here. Reminds me of that Mythbusters where they let a dead pig rot in a Corvette for a few days in the sun..

Grant

Usually if you replace the carpet it will get rid of 90% of the odor.
If it has a cloth interior, wipe it down with a rag dipped in ammonia and water.
The cloth is a lot easier to clean than carpet.

Don't ask me how I know of this.

CHances are she died in the drivers seat, go to a bone yard and replace the seat, shampoo the carpest using OXY clean and seriously HOT water, shampoo the rest of the seats with OXY clean and seriously HOT water, using an extractor type machine for both....HOT HOT water can be obtained by crankin up the hot water tank thermostat to like 140..... then follow the instructions below..... IT CAN BE DONE but it takes work and time.....and it is worth it ONLY if the car is for sale at a very very very LOW price.....I have friends that have done this with pretty good success...there are a lot of murders in Detroit and most of them are drug dealers, drug dealers typically buy LOADED vehicles and at auction you can get them super cheap, ESP if someone died in it, they lower the price because they KNOW you have your work cut out for you...BUT it can be done with pretty good success the final step in all of this is to air the vehicle out daily for about a week after all the cleaning & shampooing ....this can be done with sever nice sunny days and a couple of house fans......if it is cheap enough you will fare welll....IF he is asking a standard price for it like noting happened IT JUST AINT WORTH IT

Instructions:

Things You'll Need
Vinegar
Baking soda
Vacuum cleaner
Essential oils
Cat litter
Cotton balls
Sweet oil
Determine the source of the smell. It is much easier to eliminate a scent when you know the source or the smell. If there is still a visible area in the car, remove anything associated with the scent. Then clean it with a sponge. You may want to use some dishwashing soap to help get rid of the smell.

Clean the whole car. You will need to throw away trash and remove everything from the trunk, then vacuum the whole car. The best way to get rid of smells while vacuuming is to sprinkle baking soda on the car's carpet and seats. Shampoo the seats, and wipe down the doors and dashboards. You will want to make sure you are getting rid of anything that will harbor the scent.

Air the car out. Park the car in direct sunlight and roll the windows down. The fresh air will make the whole car smell cleaner.

Prepare a vinegar spray. Place several drops of essential oil in the bottle then fill the bottle up with vinegar. Shake the bottle up. Now spray this solution at the source of the bad smell in your car. Make sure to dry it with a towel.

Use a small container of cat litter in the car. If you place a bowl of cheap cat litter on the surrounding the bad scent, the cat litter will be able to get the bad smell out of your car. Take the car litter out before driving, so you do not have to vacuum up bits of cat litter.

Dip several cotton balls in sweet oil. Place these cotton balls all over in the car. The sweet oil will absorb all the bad smells in your car.

Read more: How to Get a Bad Smell Out of a Car | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4499285_get-bad-smell-out-car.html#ixzz1NSkrhULH

I cleaned a Benz over the winter, The guy had a bad drinking problem, passed out in the front seat and never woke up. It didnt smell to great.

PS for those of you that are "creped out" by someone dying in a car...... grow up! people die every day in ambulances in stores & restaurants pretty mcuh everywhere you can think of someone has died there...BIG deal! THe only real issue is getting rid of the source of the stink...when someone dies all of thier body "relaxes" hence they piss and **** all over the place it just comes out....Rotting takes weeks not days so the most this guy is dealing with is the stink of **** & piss which in humans can be eradicated.
NOW skunks spray and cat piss is a whole different animal (no pun) skunk oil is almost impossible to get rid of as is cat piss.....if you get either of them into your car and they do their business...just burn the car and collect insurance, cuz that smell is never coning out, even if you replace EVERYTHING you will still smell it......been there done that, no use!

Once you get a smell like that in your head you will never think it smells any better! Barf!

It's only REALLY creepy if the truck was sitting out front of your house when you woke up this morning.

The worst part is her haunting you from the passenger seat as you go down the road, telling you how to drive and what you're doing wrong, telling you to stop and ask for directions, etc.

-
Back