Well it's official!

-

moparmarks

zippindippintie
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The world has totally gone to ****. Was coming back into town today when the low tire pressure light came on. Yep gotta nail. So I swung by one of our local Discount Tire shop. They were a good 3 hours out to fix my tire. I asked can you just fill it up and I'll get to my shop? They said sure. Now are you ready for this? My tire was too low for them to air up! I said you got to be kidding. They said no our new machine won't let us air up a tire when it has less than 15 lbs. of air in it. I said that kind of defeats the whole damn purpose of airing up a low tire doesn't it? Just got the deer in the headlights look. So I gimped it down the street to a gas station and used one of them quarter machines to put air in my tire cuz the f****** tire shop couldn't do that. Unbelievable!

Our tire shops prioritize flats, usually 30-minute wait tops.
Their compressors will also pump air below 15 psi. lol

If you think that's bad, take your 70 Roadrunner, Chevelle, Mustang, Duster, etc to Discount Tire, Sams, Wal Mart and tell them you want 275-60-15's on the back and 235-60-15's on the front. Peck, peck, peck on the computer and they tell you they can only put F70-14's on it because that is the factory sized tire! :rolleyes: :realcrazy:

Like some of the new "smart chargers" that don't work on dead batteries. WTF! Engineering nowdays has nothing to do with common sense.

Never, I repeat, NEVER have a flat in Stockton, CA! You will regret it. Crackheads come out of the woodwork offering to take our tire off your car, offering to take your tire to their "friend's shop" to fix it, begging for money, sizing you up, and generally just being cracked out. I'm just glad I don't give two ***** about illegally carrying my pistol in California. Reminded me of being on the streets back in Iraq.

If you think that's bad, take your 70 Roadrunner, Chevelle, Mustang, Duster, etc to Discount Tire, Sams, Wal Mart and tell them you want 275-60-15's on the back and 235-60-15's on the front. Peck, peck, peck on the computer and they tell you they can only put F70-14's on it because that is the factory sized tire! :rolleyes: :realcrazy:
Don't get me started on the "non stock, aftermarket" wheels deal. .

Never, I repeat, NEVER have a flat in Stockton, CA! You will regret it. Crackheads come out of the woodwork offering to take our tire off your car, offering to take your tire to their "friend's shop" to fix it, begging for money, sizing you up, and generally just being cracked out. I'm just glad I don't give two ***** about illegally carrying my pistol in California. Reminded me of being on the streets back in Iraq.
And I thought Jacksonville was rough when I was a kid. Lemme guess, the "tire shop" is right over there, down that dark alley? Must be a "chain store" they tried to get me in a few times! How dumb do they think someone could be?

Last edited:
My discount tire buggered threads on three studs, ran an oversized socket on my wheels and scratched off chrome, I caught the guy after he spun a 3/4 socket on my 11/16 lug nuts and it was stuck wracking it with a hammer while against the center hub of my SBP Cragars.

Even before they started i told the two kids working on it the socket size and said not to use the impact on it.

I was the bad guy for cussing at the kid, and then the manager out for sticking up for him. They failed at all the way around. No discount tire will ever touch one of my cars again, Not even to put air in a tire.

I never take one of my classics to any tire shop. I take them just the rims. Actually they haven't touched one of my trucks for a few years either.

My discount tire buggered threads on three studs, ran an oversized socket on my wheels and scratched off chrome, I caught the guy after he spun a 3/4 socket on my 11/16 lug nuts and it was stuck wracking it with a hammer while against the center hub of my SBP Cragars.

Even before they started i told the two kids working on it the socket size and said not to use the impact on it.

I was the bad guy for cussing at the kid, and then the manager out for sticking up for him. They failed at all the way around. No discount tire will ever touch one of my cars again, Not even to put air in a tire.
I have Billet Specialities on the back. No. My as didn't go buy em. They came off my Bros 71 Cuda. super light wheels .. anyhow I actually got Something free from Pep Boys..... cause they BEEP BLEEEEP BLEEP AUTO DELETE stupid Mf ●■♤

Like some of the new "smart chargers" that don't work on dead batteries. WTF! Engineering nowdays has nothing to do with common sense.

My dead battery pissed me off. My battery charger that wouldn't charge it REALLY pissed me off.

I had to use cables and "jump start" a dead battery to be able to use the charger. I trashed that POS.

We can’t find help so we have to turn a lot of people away.

-if the guys we have are constantly being run raged they’ll quit or accidents/mistakes will happen.

-a lot of the customers come off as demanding assholes “I have a tire that’s been slowly leaking for a month I leave on a trip tomorrow you need to fix it” sir it’s 4:45 on a Friday, lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.

As far as the air inflator, it all comes down to someone being sued. “You aired up my tire and it was ran flat before you aired it up, I crashed when my tire blew and it’s your fault!”

Meanwhile I listened to ether blasts all afternoon. Giant tractor tire beads wouldn’t seat :usflag:

heard it on the radio while wrenching this afternoon that a kid fell out of some bunk beds while on a school field trip and his parents are suing the place because they didn’t have warning labels on the beds! Praying for the kid and I wish him the best but sometimes life happens :realcrazy:

So wait...if it doesn't operate at less than 15psi, how do they install new tires when their psi is 0?

So wait...if it doesn't operate at less than 15psi, how do they install new tires when their psi is 0?

they have a special tool for this exact situation. Once on the machine they’ll use a different one.

it protects the guy airing up the tire also (you don’t know how long it was run low) could blow up in his face.

I get it but come on man!

Stinking lawyers caused that, you just know it

One the yawhos working there said it was for safety reasons so yup, lawyers.

A guy walks into a bar and yells real loud, "All lawyers are assholes"!!!

A voice from the back yells, "You better take that back"!!!

The first guy replies, "Are you a lawyer"...

The second guy replies, "No, I'm an asshole"...

I never take one of my classics to any tire shop. I take them just the rims. Actually they haven't touched one of my trucks for a few years either.

Same, I just order my tires from summit and bring them the rims two at a time.

Hey! It's a Charger, not a Polara!

they have a special tool for this exact situation. Once on the machine they’ll use a different one.

it protects the guy airing up the tire also (you don’t know how long it was run low) could blow up in his face.

I get it but come on man!
They ain't doing that here yet. Thankfully!

-
Back