well the dart is getting pulled apart...

-
I wish I could afford to have the windshield shipped.. I need one after mine took a stone on the way to the Mopar Nationals.. and though I was shocked at first to see you part her out and scrap whats left, I totally understand why your doing it... and the other Dart is a beauty!! Guess theres gonna be a new signiture pic from now on LOL

The windshield sucks. Has a scrape in it from a previous owner and it's kinda sand blasted from years of use. I would have bought a new one if I did the car over.

The windshield sucks. Has a scrape in it from a previous owner and it's kinda sand blasted from years of use. I would have bought a new one if I did the car over.

I keep hearing that the new glass isnt as thick as the originals.. sometimes causing leak issues.. thats why I was trying to find some original glass.. I realize the chances of me finding 'perfect' 40+ year old glass is about nil... just looking for decent.. I appreciate ya letting me know about it though... and I would love to have that instrument cluster.. but thats just not in the family budget at this time... I am eventually going to build a custom dash cluster for the buggy.. one of these years LOL .. so what are your eventual plans for the other Dart? I love the way that car looks

haven't heard that about the new glass. damn good to know..

plans for the burnt orange dart are as follows at this point.. things can and usually change though..lol

suspension out of the yellow car gets installed
motor, trans and rear from the yellow car go in.

jamie wants the body color wheels on it still so i'm gonna get a set of 15x7 for the rear and 15x6 for the front. i'll paint them up and the car will look just as it does now but will sit a little lower..

was going to put my buckets in it but she likes the bench seat so the bench and column shift will stay..

basically the car will looks like it does now, int will be stock, under hood will look pretty much like a stock 340.

and the car will have r&p steering under it.

jamie will love driving it then..

haven't heard that about the new glass. damn good to know..

plans for the burnt orange dart are as follows at this point.. things can and usually change though..lol

suspension out of the yellow car gets installed
motor, trans and rear from the yellow car go in.

jamie wants the body color wheels on it still so i'm gonna get a set of 15x7 for the rear and 15x6 for the front. i'll paint them up and the car will look just as it does now but will sit a little lower..

was going to put my buckets in it but she likes the bench seat so the bench and column shift will stay..

basically the car will looks like it does now, int will be stock, under hood will look pretty much like a stock 340.

and the car will have r&p steering under it.

jamie will love driving it then..

I may be doing the same thing to the barracuda........I respect your decision and contrary to some other peoples opinion I think it takes "balls" to go this route. Just my 2 cents. 4 speed pedals for sale?

Think I may sell the pedals. Originally I going to do a 4 speed in her car. Not so sure I want to be bothered now. Lol. Still have a few things to bring home. I'll know what I'm selling when I go through everything and find out exactly what Jamie wants to do i'll put a game plan together and decide exactly what I'm selling.

Sounds like a good plan for the other Dart.. I look forward to seeing that come together (hopefully there will be a thread for that) .. also, just out of morbid curiousity, what would you want for that cluster?.. Like I said, I cant afford it now and I know that.. but if its something your in no hurry to sell, it may be a possibility for me down the road a bit...

i may be doing the same thing to the barracuda........i respect your decision and contrary to some other peoples opinion i think it takes "balls" to go this route. Just my 2 cents. 4 speed pedals for sale?

x2

Sounds like a good plan for the other Dart.. I look forward to seeing that come together (hopefully there will be a thread for that) .. also, just out of morbid curiousity, what would you want for that cluster?.. Like I said, I cant afford it now and I know that.. but if its something your in no hurry to sell, it may be a possibility for me down the road a bit...

man i don't even know.. i know i can't sell it for what i have into it.. but the gauges alone were $700..lol..

they are being made again. may be a good way to do it.. you could piece it together slowly that way.

man i don't even know.. i know i can't sell it for what i have into it.. but the gauges alone were $700..lol..

they are being made again. may be a good way to do it.. you could piece it together slowly that way.

Thinking you may be right my friend.. did you fab up the face plate? or did you have that made?

I may be doing the same thing to the barracuda........I respect your decision and contrary to some other peoples opinion I think it takes "balls" to go this route. Just my 2 cents. 4 speed pedals for sale?

thanks guys.. i'll admit i went back and forth over it for a while.. thought about it on and off for a couple years actually.

i even got prices for the rear end metal that it needed and a price to have it installed. had the cash for it and was ready to buy it. then got to thinking and really looked at what it needed and what i wanted to install in it and it just wasn't worth it. especially with jamies spotless dart sitting there that everything will fit.. her car already has heat and a/c, the body and paint are great, the int is great and the chrome and all the trim is done or in grear condition. i think in the end we will have a nicer car for less money. win win situation...

Thinking you may be right my friend.. did you fab up the face plate? or did you have that made?

face plate? not sure what your asking about..

i got the entire cluster (minus the gauges) from rocky mountain dashes.. they are not in business anymore but one of the guys from there are making them again... its a nice piece.. i know there is a thread aroun here somewhere about it.. i'll see if i can find it for you..

well most of the car that i'm keeping came home in the trailer and trunk of our camry today. still have a few little things i have to grab.

0EA17977-105B-4CCC-AD70-8DCBFAC6D3CB-6997-0000074D7EA91EE0.jpg

Honestly Joe, I love the looks of that trailer. I see a ton of opportunity, fun projects and all of the parts you will need to do another one of these. To me, the fun part is building them, and that trailer is ready to go. Good for you!

Have fun,
OldMoparsRule!

Let me know Joe. I would be interested in that Harness and the master cylinder. I got the same kit but the smaller one and yours is better for my setup.

I keep hearing that the new glass isnt as thick as the originals.. sometimes causing leak issues.. thats why I was trying to find some original glass.. I realize the chances of me finding 'perfect' 40+ year old glass is about nil... just looking for decent.. I appreciate ya letting me know about it though... and I would love to have that instrument cluster.. but thats just not in the family budget at this time... I am eventually going to build a custom dash cluster for the buggy.. one of these years LOL .. so what are your eventual plans for the other Dart? I love the way that car looks

the reason they dont seal is because young glass guys dont know how to install them, front or rear... you have to place non hardening sealers all around the seal and then glass sealing "tar" around the bottom...

we have a safelite guy in his 40's and never one window has leaked...

-
Back