Well we sucked bad today.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I let My son Matt drive today and he hasn’t made a pass in the car since probably 2020 if not longer. First round he backed out of the beem Turing on the red light so no reaction Time and no ET. He spent the 150.00 to buyback only to red light BAD. He’s 70 pounds lighter than me and in the summer heat officially went faster than my Indy headed 422. Hopefully he has some info now and can do better tomorrow if it doesn’t rain.
F6971BDD-5B9D-43A2-999C-0875EF034499.jpeg

But yall are havin fun, right? That's what it's all about! Good luck tomorrow!

the guy in the other lane had a great package. even if you had close to a perfect light, holding almost four, it would have been tough to just take the stripe and not go under imho

the guy in the other lane had a great package. even if you had close to a perfect light, holding almost four, it would have been tough to just take the stripe and not go under imho

Ya he honestly didn’t know what to dial with this new combo and not being at this track since 2019. Humidity and 60 foot times are always the question and then the 70 pound lighter factor. They have a fiber optic tree so we always have to add time to our delay box but I question what he is setting up for tomorrow

I only ever foot braked, I always tried to set myself up to hit .20 lights then if I anticipated, flinched, was of the slightest bit staging, etc. I would still be green. these kids today are so much better with buttons, I believe because a lot grew op playing video games, their reactions are really good, and very consistent! i'm glad i'm not racing these guys cause they a lot better than when I raced lol

I wish the summer would hurry up over here.

You are havin more fun than me!!! Just finished lunch, I get to go "argue" with the parking brake cable!!

The dummy and the diesel.........The Grey Whale

View attachment 1715980237
Having a lot more fun than I am too, pulled the motor out of my dd Bronco today, 96*, sweatin' my azz off. But it's out and the replacement is hanging on the picker, ready for tomorrow.
Good luck to you and Matt tomorrow, you know the car does it's job, Matt just needs to get comfortable in the saddle again.

What's for dinner?

Man track food sucks this year. Matt wasn’t hungry earlier so I took a nap then I bought a sucky stuffed pizza thing me. Later took a 6.00 shower and had a piece of sucky pizza because I was to lazy to fire up my grill and make burgers. That grill will be fired up early tomorrow.

Waking up this morning to every racers nightmare. Rain on the roof of my motorhome. And if the weather apps are right there will be no racing today.
FA016BC3-F192-4190-8256-10F02A453021.png
8EA235DC-FDFB-4910-8FE0-14EDBFFD87BF.png
BCE70C07-1039-453B-A792-6FCD646EB23C.png

Why did the car back out of the beams? What
transmission do you have in the car?

Joe

Why did the car back out of the beams? What
transmission do you have in the car?

Joe

I’ve never had it happen but he was in so lightly the second bulb went out, bumped in again and backed out again. When you hit the transbrake the chassis relaxes so some guys tie in the line lock to hold everything. I’m not talented enough to stage that lightly. In box class if you watch some of the dragsters when they back up the will stop in the prestaged light with their front wheels turned slightly. To fully stage they just turn the wheel.

I’ve never had it happen but he was in so lightly the second bulb went out, bumped in again and backed out again. When you hit the transbrake the chassis relaxes so some guys tie in the line lock to hold everything. I’m not talented enough to stage that lightly. In box class if you watch some of the dragsters when they back up the will stop in the prestaged light with their front wheels turned slightly. To fully stage they just turn the wheel.

The reason i asked about the transmission type is that if it's a powerglide there is a fix for it. I used to have to go in at a high idle to avoid backing out, I tried a bunch of parts to fix it. Now sonnex has come out with a servo kit that absolutely locks the car down when the button is pushed. The part# is 2882110K, rockauto is the cheapest place to get it. Smart-Tech® Ratio-Style Servo Kit - 28821-10K

That sucks John, would have been great for you and Matt to spend the day racing together.

That sucks John, would have been great for you and Matt to spend the day racing together.

Ohhh we went up in the stands with some of our friends at the finish line bleachers for a couple hours. I was going to mix an adult beverage because he was driving but I took a big jug of water instead. That 2.5 hours stuck up in the lanes Friday with no water sucked me dry. I’ll be I’m down 3-5 pounds. I think at midnight they had 3 cars left and I headed to bed.

The reason i asked about the transmission type is that if it's a powerglide there is a fix for it. I used to have to go in at a high idle to avoid backing out, I tried a bunch of parts to fix it. Now sonnex has come out with a servo kit that absolutely locks the car down when the button is pushed. The part# is 2882110K, rockauto is the cheapest place to get it. Smart-Tech® Ratio-Style Servo Kit - 28821-10K

I have three ATI cases powerglides and I have this on at least one or two. I’ll have to check this transmission next time it in the air. It’s not an issue for me really as I don’t stage that lite. But thanks for posting.

This was a 625.00 race entry so they gave us back 215.00 for today’s rain out. Can’t beat that.

-
Back