What About Edelbrock 340 Heads?

-
5.7 heads are 300 cfm as cast & OOTB?

The expense of the current HEMI will keep them from showing up in old cars for the most part.

Plus the Gen 3's really fill up the A bodies engine compartment. If I want crowded I'll stuff a big block back in one and dust those Gen3's like its standing still.

LMAO! Not here in New York it ain’t!

I might be looking at property’s in Co. soon!!!!

Plus the Gen 3's really fill up the A bodies engine compartment. If I want crowded I'll stuff a big block back in one and dust those Gen3's like its standing still.

Good luck, I looove big blocks but an Eagle 5.7 with just a cam and intake will push 500+ HP and get double the MPGs of the big block (meaning 500 is a joke for a G3); factory stock valvetrain is good to 7000+ RPM. They are big but they weigh only slightly more than an LA/Magnum with AL heads. Not to mention there are tons of blown and turbo'd G3 Hemis running around with 1000+ HP on the stock block and crank, not including modded Hellcats.

Good luck, I looove big blocks but an Eagle 5.7 with just a cam and intake will push 500+ HP and get double the MPGs of the big block (meaning 500 is a joke for a G3); factory stock valvetrain is good to 7000+ RPM. They are big but they weigh only slightly more than an LA/Magnum with AL heads. Not to mention there are tons of blown and turbo'd G3 Hemis running around with 1000+ HP on the stock block and crank, not including modded Hellcats.

Here comes the "power adders" out of your mouth. That took about 3 posts to need that, which you would. LOL

Give it some time and you can be certain that those little Hemis will show their worth normaly aspirated,they are already a threat to bigblocks as is when comparing stock castings..
As for what they can do blown, stock block little hemis are making more power than those bigblocks will ever do without wrecking their blocks and beating the maincaps out of them,their problem seems to be more about keeping headgaskets in place.
The advantage bigblocks has over those little things is when they are run with aftermarket blocks and serious heads,and 426Hemis ofcourse. I love the old stuff but the new gen stuff is badass.

Whatever. That's not where I was trying to take the discussion. Pick your poison and have fun as long as it's a Mopar.
LMAO! That’s exactly where you meant to take it or otherwise you wouldn’t have mentioned it.
:rofl:

LMAO! That’s exactly where you meant to take it or otherwise you wouldn’t have mentioned it.
:rofl:

Actually I meant to take it to "oh dang they can handle that much power stock without blowing up? That's interesting I'd like to learn more" not "oh sh*t I need to show my ***** is bigger than his by proving that G3 Hemis are the best and big blocks are junk and my fantasy G3 Hemi drag car would totally blow his away no matter what." I guess I should have been more careful with my choice of words, didn't mean to sound all competitive and whatnot.

I have been thinking about getting a pair of Edelbrock Performer RPM heads for my 340 and having them professionally ported. Here is my question. Every time a member asks which head to use, it seems that everybody says W2, W5 Brodix, blah, blah, blah. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say, "Buy a pair of Edelbrock heads and have them ported." Is there a reason why nobody seems to recommend the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads?

There are now more choices then when the RPMs were released. Choices that get you more flow without porting, and take similar parts to run. I like the RPMs and would still recommend them for certain builds. But other builds might like a bigger port and buying a head just to port them and max them out IMO is not the best direction to go. If you need a bigger port and more flow, it's probably cheaper to buy a better head to begin with.

-
Back