What Are Movie Prices In Your Town???

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Met my wife at one of the local movie houses last night to see the new "Earth" flick from Disney/Nature (I'm not a tree hugger, so don't go there with any response). The 'Early-Bird' ticket prices were $8.75 each. Don't know what the regular price is 'cause my wife got there first and bought the tickets.
Got in line to get a soft drink to share for the movie ($5.50 for a large drink). The family in front of us was a grandmother, mother, and 3 young kids (5-8 years old). By the time they were through with popcorn, drinks, and a couple of ice creams, grandma whipped out the credit card to pay the $49.75 concession stand bill.
Remember the days when you didn't have to take out a 2nd mortgage just to go to the show? How many ways can you spell 'PROFIT'???
What's the local movie rates where y'all live?
By the way, the photography in the 'Earth' movie is outstanding. Reminds me a lot of the old Disney "True Life Adventures" on TV when I was a kid.
Suggestion - if you're taking kids to see it, go to an early movie. If you're not taking kids and really want to enjoy it, go to a late movie so the young ones aren't talking through the whole thing asking questions.

Matinees at our theatre are $5.50, regular shows are $7. Concessions are comparable with what you described. Unfortunately, the only way a theatre makes money is through concessions, studios makes the money off the ticket sales.

To Darn High, Thats Why I Have A $3500.00 Tv, & Assorted Electrical Gizmos To Watch Them When They Come Out. I Like Eating My Micro-wave Pop Corn, Drinking My Orange Pop, & Sittin In My Underwear. Its All Priceless.

Matinees are $7 and the cut-off time is 3pm now, thereafter it's $10. Concessions have gone up lately too. Usually I have the place to myself. I think they charge that much to stay in business. People have home theatres now.

Not so long ago movies were an event. Anyone remember when 2001: A Space Odyssey came out? How bout Planet of The Apes?

In Florida they sold a special drink in a plastic 'orange.' They were on display in crushed ice. But in 1968 we thought $1.25 was a big ripoff. You'd be out
:happy1:eek:f your mind to pay that! Yeah, I'm old. Happens to all of us if we're lucky.

Around here tickets go at $3.90 plus 5%. And on wednesdays you get half price on all tickets. Yeah, couple of years ago (10 years maybe?) they we're cheaper, around $2.50.

I think it is about $18.00 for 2 people, we goto the drive in and get 2 movies for $14.00 for 2 people. I had to stop going to the regular theaters because I would get pissed off at either the dumb teenagers, people who bring their kids to the movies or the people talking on their phones. The last time we went I ended up punching a guy because he wouldn't get off his phone. Anymore I just download moves and stay home, it's better for me that way.

Up here its around $9 for adults and $6 if you go on Sunday afternoons. We only have one theater in town so he can charge whatever he wants. I usually bring in some snacks from the grocery store (healthier choices) because I'm a triathlete and the theaters sell alot of junk food.

Don't know. Haven't seen a movie in the theater since "Star Wars." LOL

Don't know. Haven't seen a movie in the theater since "Star Wars." LOL

Gee, ya got me beat.

The last movie I saw in a theatre, or Drive-In cause we don't have one anymore, was "The Whole Nine Yards". And that was only because it was my son's birthday and we took a dozen rugrats to it.

In the little town up the street we have the Midway Theater. 1st run movies are $4.00 matinee and $6.00 eves. We also still have a drive in so close to the house, I can tune in the audio from the movies. (they broadcast on a low power FM freq) They run 2 1st run movies and charge $10.00 a carload.
They both charge an arm & leg for concessions, but I understand they need to make a profit. The drive in will search your car for food, and they patrol while the movie runs. They will charge you $5.00 or make you leave.
The Super Chain Multi-Plex theater about 12 mile away $12.00 a head.
The little chinese guy up the street sells 1st run movies on DVD for $5. I keep waiting for him to get busted.
The last movie I got to go to was "The Simpson's Movie"

If I take a friend to the movies it usually costs about 20 bucks now... maybe more depending on how much we buy when we're there, haha.

I go to the drive in, It's $7.00 for adults, $4 for kids age 5 - 12, and under 5 is free.
You get 2 movies. They usually play a kids movie first, then a grown up movie. Kids are usually asleep for the second movie.
We went last saturday and saw Monsters vs Aliens, and the second movie was I Love You Man.
We were so wiped out from all the yard work that we had done that day that we left before the second movie.

Nine bucks a head. And they really should hold you at gunpoint if you make a purchase at the concession stand!

Tickets 10.95, parking $3.00, concession $15.00
"night out with the wife" - priceless (lets me work on the Dart other days):wav:

I am with 360, i havent been to the movies for probably 5 yrs. I think the last movie i saw in the theater was The Ring or something.

I am a popcorn guy, so its always $30 or so.

I just download them, or watch them On Demand, either free or for $3.00.

Movie theaters are such a rip off these days, and having to deal with screaming kids and cell phone users.

We usually go to the drive in, catch 2 movies for 10 bucks. Only go twice or three times a year. The best part is the cooler of beer in the trunk and a wife that doesn't drink to drive home:drinkers: Just gotta pour it in cups so they don't get pissy:-D

All I know is that if I want to watch a movie with someone we either rent or get one off of pay-per-view.... then just go to the store and buy some popcorn and a 2 liter of pop or whatever.... turns out to be quite a bit cheaper.

i took my girl to the movies tonight to see fast and furiours "mysecond time" anyway it cost
movies 16$ for the both of us.
gas. 10$
drinks. 5$
the ride home priceless

-
Back