What are the LD4B manifold worth?

-
If you have time go to some swap meets. I picked one up there for $50 and LD340 for $120. Both in excellent condition.

I sold s decent one at mopars at the rock for 140$...I think 300$ is too much unless it's a new in the box one or something and then I wouldn't even want to use it.
Lol! I bought an LD4B at Mopars at the Rock for $140! I thought it was a great deal. I also scored a mint LD340 with the ChryCo part number for $200 at the same show.

One Ya'lls got robbed!:poke::lol:

that might be a bit high but as mentioned it is a nice piece to create a day 2 build.I prefer old parts and have been guilty myself of spending a little more for them.
...like that commercial says..."i like new stuff,but not 'til it gets old!"

for a 273 or 318 if i couldnt find a LD4B for couple hundred bucks id look for a street domanator or a street master both have the smaller ports to work with the heads...i got anice street domanator and set of headers with bolts and gaskets for 150 off craigs list! if i had another 340 motor it would have another LD340 if it cost 350, but thats just me...air gaps under the hood of just about every chevy running a carb now days,..like to raise a hood an see something differnt

The truth is they flat out work. It is hard to beat them, even today. That's why I'd wait for one. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get one for $80, but if I find a nice one for $200, I'll pick it up.

.. the stock 340 piece is hard to beat,perfoms well even on higher performance builds and is reasonably priced.

I paid around $200 for my last one. Seems to be the going rate.

I bought a LD4B off here for like, $180 shipped, keep looking.
Got lucky, the 340 I bought had a LD340 on it.

I started following LD4B prices early last year when I decided to do upgrade from a 2bbl to a 4bbl. Most of the ones posted in the $120 to $175 range were well used and required several helicoils and since I wasn't in a hurry, I waited. A few nice ones (reconditioned with threads already helicoiled) were on eBay going between $200 and $250. After searching online for a couple of months, I found one posted on eBay, buy it now, for $140 including shipping. The seller had inherited a boat but it hadn't run in a while since the engine was seized and he was putting in a new engine. He was listing all the salvageable parts off the marine 318 which included a LD4B. The engine only had 410 hours on it since it was installed in 1980. All the threads were in great shape and it had never been painted. My concern was if the intake was warped from the engine overheating. However, considering the price, low hours and how it looked in the photos, I pulled the trigger on it pretty quickly. After doing the upgrade, I can say there's nothing wrong with it and I got it for a great price. There are some deals out there but they take a bit more time to get.

Since then, I've been surprised with how even the well used LD4B intakes are listed for more than $200!

IMG_0818.JPG

This is the real reason prices are what they are.No patience to wait and find a good deal like this guy.You can save thousands by doing this.

That's true, but some people don't have the time or simply don't want to wait and don't have to.

The bottom line here is, products are worth what the customer pays at any given time. Period. Making a blanket statement that LD4Bs are only worth *** amount is wrong, because the next guy will pay more.

If you're not going retro, i would think a Weiand Stealth or action plus would be a good option. They copy the Eddy, and they're much cheaper brand new!
weiand_8022WND.jpg
925-8007.jpg

I got for

If you're not going retro, i would think a Weiand Stealth or action plus would be a good option. They copy the Eddy, and they're much cheaper brand new!
View attachment 1715051184 View attachment 1715051185

I got for
Those intakes are small/port designed????? The LD4B is not the LD340, and the Eddys RPM's are not (A)small/port, &(B)duplicated by the Stealth. Neither the std Eddy
performer, nor the action plus are going to better if equal the LD4B on a 273/318..........period.

I'm looking at a LD4B manifold for my 1967 Dart with a 273. The guy wants $300 for it. That seems high. He says its a hard to find manifold. What is the price range they go for?
Look, the simplest thing to do is search, use the search bar in the upper right & type in "LD4B" & hit enter. Many have been listed & sold on this site, read what's there. Keep in
mind, exceptionally clean examples are going to demand more $$$, but a rough/slightly corroded or damaged unit will run just as well as long as it's functional.

The port window on a stock head is one of the biggest red herring in the mopar sb world! Total BS.

Put an LD4b and a LD340 on the same 350ish hp engine and you will hardly see a difference in performance. Having one and wanting to swap to the other is a waste of $.

Biggest issue with the 4b is lack of coil mounting bosses.

It's worth exactly what the"buyer" pays. I have bought running 340's for $250.00 bought a 68 complete hemi for $600.00 but that is irrelevant. If you want something and it's in your ball park do you really want to wait for it to drop in price? Lots of guys will try for years to build a 440 A body that is completely out of their reach when they could put a small block in and drive! It's all in what you want-but the other guy has every right to price his parts how he wants.

-
Back