What are theses?

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
My uncle picked these up from the gibralter trade center chrysler meet anyone know what year and what car these go on?

PART NUMBER #-SAE AP2 82W28 CC

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 430
looks like 72-74 side marker lights.

there not that have screw holes in the sides no 72-76 markers had screws on the sides

been awhile since i had my 73dart but kind of look like the tail lights...

they are side maker lights from something in the late 81 or early 82 thats what the number 82 stands for is the year.

Looks like later FWD cars.....Daytona/Laser series and the 2dr Omni/Charger/Rampage/Horizon. Maybe more....There should be an actual part number on it somewhere. Sometimes it's real small so look all over it with a magnifying glass.

They're not L-body (Omni/Charger/Rampage/Horizon) items; those cars used the same 3587 436 and 3587 440 (amber and red respectively) sidemarkers as the '72-'76 A-bodies…no screw holes. They're not Dodge truck or van units.

The "82" does not necessarily refer to the year of the vehicle the lamp was designed for. It's part of the lamp function identification code SAE AP2 82 means this lamp produces a retroreflector function ("A") and a sidemarker light function ("P2") in compliance with the versions of the relevant SAE technical standards for those functions that were current as of 1982. The next part of the marking (W28 CC) should give more of a hint as to what these are for. The CC is for Chrysler Corporation. The W28 should be a body type designator. There's no "W" in 1982 or '83, but there is a "28", which means FWD pickup truck: Rampage/Scamp. However, those are "Z"-code cars, not "W"-code. Nevertheless, the rear sidemarkers for those mini pickups are not the "everything else used it" 3587 440, they are 4174 383. I do believe that's what you've got there. Probably external screws were used because of lack of access to the inner surface of the outer panel to tighten the quik-nuts onto the plastic anchor posts of the 3587 440. As for the "W" vs. "Z", my guess would be that Chrysler originally thought to code these vehicles "W", then changed to "Z" for whatever reason. It would not be the first time such a re-code took place.

I think they may have come off my kids power wheels or there bikes.

I think slantsixdan is on to something.
I've never seen something like them before.

rear side markers for the 70-71 dodge truck. Wanna sell them? Do you have the yellow front markers?

still no one knows hahahaah wow didnt think this would be that big of a stump

They are rear marker lights used on stepside dodge trucks. They were placed on the bed side just below the bed rail a bit. They had to mount to a bracket so thats why there are screw holes in them.

-RPM

POWERWAGON.jpg

I still would bet on the '82-3 Rampage/Scamp PU's but the '84-up Daytona/Laser had a similar one also. I don't believe it's a truck lens. Have RPM take a close up of his utiline rear side light. I think you'll find it has a tapered lense. Did you find a part number on it?

I never found the part # given. I went off what I had seen these on though. I also thumbed through the 1972 through 1980 dodge Truck parts catalog and found the lenses had screw holes for the mounting. From what I saw on the Rampages via photos and the parts catalog they didnt have screw holes. I very well could be wrong though. There are lots of applications for this style of marker... I have only seen them on the Stepsides myself. The stepside in the pic is just one I sourced online for the example.

-RPM

They were on many different trucks and also some cars. I have the 1970 71 truck fleetside. But no pics to prove myself but RPM has said it all. I can't get pictures on here. I even lost my dart picture a short while back

My uncle picked these up from the gibralter trade center chrysler meet anyone know what year and what car these go on?

PART NUMBER #-SAE AP2 82W28 CC
......................................................................................................
Here's a couple of side light photos. The first is one on an '82 Rampage and the other is the truck/van style light.

Attachments

• 100_0703.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_0704.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 69
-
Back