What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
It’s not a car but did rebuild and install the hydraulic pump on my John Deere 40C crawler tractor.

IMG_3334.jpeg

IMG_3329.jpeg

Got the Jaundiced GT out of hibernation today! Checked all the fluid levels and adjusted the tire pressures, and then went for a ride.

Ask me about PSC Liver Disease

Working on the avatar moving the driveshaft safety loop rearward. It was basically centered with the front u-joint. Not sure why some previous owner would have put it there. If I break the front u-joint, I don't want a driveshaft pogo stick!

So moving it back 6-10 inches to capture the driveshaft in the event of a failure. (Pic is just a temporary spot while I get the proper bolts and address all the seat belt and seat bracket bolts. Good time to go out with the crusties and in with some s/s or chromate bolts too!!)

20240407_200043.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished mounting four new trailer tires on my open car hauler. I've mounted car tires before without too much effort, but these just about finished me. I assume because the sidewalls of a trailer tire are a lot stiffer than a passenger car tire. Anyway, next time I'll just pay someone to do it.

Two tires went flat while it was sitting in the yard. Other two were cracked. Checked the dates and they were made in 2006!! Seventeen years old!! No wonder they were rotten. I can't believe I bought them that long ago.

And it's only been a few weeks since I trailered a car on that thing. No engine or interior, so it was pretty light, and it was a short trip (maybe ten miles), but still. . . . :realcrazy:

1712776914866.jpeg

Went to a local car show today. Perfect sunshine and weather. We took our 71 Demon 340 and went with our friends and their Petty blue 72 Demon 340. I thought the 2 colors together looked cool and complemented each other!
20240413_111750.jpg

Went for a 227 mile drive today… Scamp runs well!
IMG_6307.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a headlight issue while the car was "parked" over the winter. Thought the issue was high/low beam selector switch. Replaced that switch and the problem continued. So, I purchased a new headlamp switch. As I reached up to feel around for the knob removal button I discovered the headlamp switch harness connector wasn't connected to the switch. Upon further investigation 1 of the 2 plastic "clips" that secure the connector to the switch looks like it never grabbed the "ear" on the switch. I'm assuming it had been like that since it was built and 50 years of vibration was enough to walk the connector off of the headlamp switch's terminals. With the age of the car, I figured that plastic would be very brittle and would likely break and need to be replaced. I slowly & carefully spread the deformed clip enough to secure it to the new headlamp switch. The terminals all received a little dielectric grease, the connector attached and secured, and mounted back in the instrument panel. The battery was re-connected and all is well with my headlamps again (even the dimmer functions so much smoother)!

IMG_0813.JPEG

Then I moved to the back of the car and replaced the incandescent 1157 bulbs with a pair of RED Sylvania ZEVO LEDs that I've had for a while. Looks like a big improvement.

IMG_0816.JPEG

BTW I had replace the turn signal flash with an electronic unit several years ago (I hated the signal speed at low rpm vs. higher rpm. I'm pretty sure this is the one I installed.

cf12anl-01.jpg

The lighting should be good to go for the 2024 cruising season!

IMG_20240408_153319.jpg

Waiting to receive my freshly powdercoated goodies for my 69 barracuda 360. Thanks Leanna!

Engine left.jpg

Trying to get my 67 Barracuda ready to run at the strip this weekend. Will be the first time it's been to a strip in probably 20 years. I replaced the short length of fuel hose that connects the main line to the fuel pickup in the gas tank, and I also added a radiator overflow canister that I've had sitting around for quite a while and never got around to putting it in. Still have to hook up the radiator overflow hose.

1713468465617.jpeg

1713468552524.jpeg

Trying to get my 67 Barracuda ready to run at the strip this weekend. Will be the first time it's been to a strip in probably 20 years. I replaced the short length of fuel hose that connects the main line to the fuel pickup in the gas tank, and I also added a radiator overflow canister that I've had sitting around for quite a while and never got around to putting it in. Still have to hook up the radiator overflow hose.

View attachment 1716238336

View attachment 1716238337
Go, man go!! Git-R-Dun!! It'll all be worth it the 1st time the tree comes down and you drop the hammer!

Removed the door glass, regulators, and tracks from Krusty. Gonna get busy with cleaning, lubing, and the hole-saws....

I pulled out the 383/727 combo out of an old race car I bought. I'll be transplanting the drivetrain, including a built 8 3/4 rearend into my '75 Duster.
Engine pull.jpg

View attachment 1716238336

View attachment 1716238337

If anyone's wondering, I ran 13.07 at 105.7. Top end is newer, but the short block was put together in 1990, low-compression cast pistons, .450 lift cam, 3.55 gears. Of course, now I'm thinking, a little more compression, little more cam, hmmm . . . .

We had some cool, breezy, low humidity weather today. So i took advantage and primed and painted the edges of the doors so I can proceed with mounting them. I had extra paint in the gun, so I went ahead and painted the interior panels also.
20240422_164211.jpg
20240422_164207.jpg
20240422_164200.jpg
20240422_164153.jpg
20240422_164001.jpg

Finished my 74 Duster front end project, which included rebuilding the front suspension, a driveway alingment, stripping and painting the front fenders. Yesterday I put in a Toyota Headlight relay kit, which is pretty nice and very bright BTW.
Today I detailed the headlight wiring, put in the grill, fine tuned the fenders and went for a drive. :thumbsup:

-
Back