What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
and got it running today

[ame=http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee98/torkflight/r5p7%20motor/car%20running_zpsseqz50ae.mp4]
car%20running_zpsseqz50ae.mp4
[/ame]

Dropped k-frame/engine/trans out of donor car. Lots of clean and renew now. First time to take one apart from the bottom. Sorry for the sideways pic, cell phones suck.

Attachments

• 20150102_145551.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 374
Made a little progress tonight, despite the cold-as F*&* weather! I keep my shop warmer than my house most of the time. Also got the transmission overhaul book that has been recommended many times here, as that is one of the next projects before Spring.

Attachments

• IMG_20150105_192906_126.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_20150105_194730_540.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_20150105_205243_618.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_20150105_221143_211.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_20150105_111541_375.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 349
Supposed to warm up end of next week (30's) will feel like heat wave. Out in garage this weekend getting ready to drop 65 904 out of Dart. Can't believe all these extra cables on this to un-hook. Will be glad to have this out & install a newer 904 with more conventional hook ups.

Last couple of days spent working on slowing the oil leaks from my 273 - lol

Pulled the oil pan to replace gasket and while I'm under there see a small drop of antifreeze about to drop from the front of the transmission. So I pulled to trans and replaced the freeze plugs in back of the block. Also replaced the back two freeze plugs on the side of the block. Then since I had the trans out, I drained the fluid and adjusted the bands of the 904.

Got it all back together and feels much better in reverse now. I let it warm up good to help seat the freeze plugs.

Of course still have an oil leak...

It's suppose to be warmer on Monday so next project to replace the rubber valve cover gaskets with cork and RTV! I'll get that leak...

Attachments

• transmission.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 349
Fitted some new Front hubs which i got made so i can run the bbp wheels,same as the ford 5 x 4.5 half inch studs but did it so i didn't have to change my stub axle, K/H calipers,Had the rotors re drilled and notched inside to allow for the base of the stud to sit flush onto the rotor.Fitted some new wheel bearings and seals.For your next question yes they are Ford rims just got them painted up,fitted some dress rings ,painted the centre caps and got some Pentastar decals made to finish them off ! View attachment photo 2.jpg

View attachment photo 1.jpg

View attachment photo 3.jpg

View attachment photo 4.jpg
Sorry for the bad photos was done on the phone cam

Of course still have an oil leak...

It's suppose to be warmer on Monday so next project to replace the rubber valve cover gaskets with cork and RTV! I'll get that leak...

Lol, make sure to check all of the bolt holes for flatness. Some folks over look that and it doesn't seat properly. Don't over tighten the bolts when installing.

nothing it was 9 degrees for a high temp everything is covered in snow and I have yet to find a heater big enough to warm my backyard since i don't have a garage unless you count the trees in which case the roof fell off my garage in oct

Just finished installing my battery relocation kit. Going to sand the floors and paint before putting the interior back in. Ordering my weld pro stars to get my car rolling!! So can't wait for spring!:)

swapped leaf springs on my pickup. Not a Mopar but its something besides housework. darn thing still sits lopsided.....

Well finally have tranny dropped out, and then cleaned up fluid running all over! :eek:ops: Why does it do that? ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Waiting to get my cable from Schumacher Services which is getting it from Imperial Services so I can keep my stock floor shift with newer year tranny. We will be down to one cable for shifting purposes.

Attachments

• IMG_20150113_163130084.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 276
Got a vin cert, had some guy in a Nissan want to race at lights left him there then went and got it rego'd while the sun was out and su kept the salt on roads nice and dry. $600.00 just to drive it till june which given its winter wint be much. Plus side it will make it easyer to ship home to NZ in june.

Replaced a NAPA P/S pump for the 3rd time in 6 months. We'll see how long this one lasts. Took it for a spin with some loaner wheels(Magnum 500s) with some Goodyear Eagle's, and wow, these tires break loose at the hint of touching the throttle. Just waiting for the new wheels from Wheels Vintique so I can get the Nitto's on finally.

Capping off a full rear end change. Dr Diff inboard springs, 5x4.5 axles, disk brake kit, with new ESPO springs, and freshly powdercoated housing and shock plates.

Tranny is out, cleaned up today and brought tranny to shop. Should be back in a couple of weeks then put er back in. Had Deep Purple Machine Head CD in. Seemed appropriate that Highway Star was playing, aaaahhhhhh

Attachments

• IMG_20150115_155442257.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20150115_155335312.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 242
My Dart has been suffering since I've been working on my D100. I got the truck out of my shop and started fixing stuff on the Dart. New power steering pump, fixed the nagging leak at the water pump, secured the exhaust pipes and a new thermostat (I've got heat now!). I also got the 8 3/4 in. It is an original out of a 68 GTS. Angle of pix makes it look narrow, but it is Abody. I noticed the letter A stamped in the case near the center. It has 2.94 open but better than the 71/4-2.76. Now it's back in my shop getting all new brake components. I couldn't get the pedal feel right. Turned drums, new shoes, wheel cylinders and master cylinder. I'll have it back together this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 233
Will continue today attaching a Cherry Bomb muffler...Marla

Attachments

• tn_Buick Skylark...Others 025.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 199
I called up my machine shop today to get a quote on all the work I need done and for the parts I need. Since I'm broke till payday I decided to detail my other car inside and out to keep me occupied while waiting to continue my 340 build. It's not as cool as my Dart but I still like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 194
Started my Dart up and let it warm up. I drove it around the parking lot to lube up the dry spots. It's always fun to hear the ol' 273 run. I see the tach, temp, and gas gauge weren't working so there's the first thing to fix in the spring. tmm

-
Back