What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Removed a CV joint on my driver. Needed replacing and not just a grease packing and a new boot like I thought ...

2016-05-04 18.06.42.jpg

Today was get my old engine out from in front of the car so I can get the new one on the hoist and over to the car.
That about wore me out because I'm working by myself in gravel.
Ever try to move and engine hoist around with an engine on it in gravel? No?
Consider yourself lucky.
Basically I have to pry and leverage it with 2x4's under the legs every inch while the little 3 inch iron wheels sink into oblivion.

Got all the 3/8 trans cooler fittings and lines run for the trans, the K cleaned up and the headers tied up into position.
Got my TP cable kit in the mail a little while ago and this evening is stage 2 shift kit installation. (hopefully on the kitchen table) :D

I just picked up a sweet used rear bumper at a great deal. Stopped by my resto parts place and picked up my new headliner, and tomorrow my windshield and back glass is scheduled to be installed. Life is good!

Cley

I dragged my wife's vert out of the dungeon and washed it! Time to get the oil leak fixed and get the new I top put on so I can say it's finished.
69vert.jpg

I need to do new plugs on the 440, really tight not looking forward to wrenching them in at all.

I managed to get the remote oil filter remounted to the firewall and got the lines reattached.. some new partses are coming from Summit today.. a l m o s t there...

not doing anything to any of them today.. tool rainy and cold.. but i did order a 2.5" TTI exhaust system for the dart from bergman auto craft. can't wait to see it when it gets here. then i have to figure out what other things i need to drop the 360 in..:)

Well I washed Grimace today. The winter dust was thick. Then took it for a short drive. Still checking it out for leaks and make sure everything is ok.

Ordered some rallys and tires for the Swinger. I hope they are the right size and look good.

Last edited:
New 4.10 gears. Ordered new converter. And did a quick burnout in a parking lot leaving lunch. Gave my buddies dad quite the chuckle.

Changed my oil and tried Lucas Hot Rod oil 10-40 for the first time. Set the timing too.

Finished installing my steering column.
Started my front end rebuild. ......mostly tore down....little more tomorrow then clean up, rebuild and reassemble!

Jeff

This week i finally got my car up and running. today i am reinsatlling the carb and see how it runs. it was running rough and floding out I found that the keeper for the float disappeared some time back and was allowing it to slide off of it's post. made a new keeper out of a staple.

Hope to get a few things done this afternoon, finish the heads for the new 360, maybe, lol.

-
Back