What are you planning for the fall / winter?

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What garage / tool projects are you planning for the fall / winter? Tell us! Building a new bench? Remodeling the inside? Tell us your plans! Show us your progress!

Starting in about three weeks I will be absent from my shop until January... Two words- Hunting season...

Since the temperature stays comfortable here pretty much year round I'll be finishing my car. Hope to have it done by Thanksgiving. I do have the itch to build another shop and use my garage as a garage again. I'm trying not to be impulsive, just not trying very hard.

Hey Joey,

Once our Chicagoland weather (which has been great recently) puts an end to the summer's cruise events, the kids and I have a few projects to tackle.

Bedroom moves for the girls = prep, paint, molding etc. One down one to go!

Lots of cars stuff = Subframe connectors, interior, body work etc etc....

Will post up pics as we dig in.

Be well,
Pat

I'm actually going to look at an A body for the second time this weekend.

Guess I might have to become a gold member over here as well as FBBO!

My fall and "winter", if there is such a ting in FL, will contain lots of getting it looking good and seeing how it runs.

I am going to try to build a mezzanine above my workbench in the rear of my shop. I need to get more room on the shop floor, and that's the only way to do it. My carpentry skills just suck balls and my carpenter friend doesn't have a lot of time to help so I have to figure it out by myself.

I've put in two mezzanines this past year each 12x4. They really help a lot, but still seem too small when they fill up. One is full of a/c parts and fenders, the other seats.

I like that word- mezzanine -go figure.

I am going to try to build a mezzanine above my workbench in the rear of my shop. I need to get more room on the shop floor, and that's the only way to do it. My carpentry skills just suck balls and my carpenter friend doesn't have a lot of time to help so I have to figure it out by myself.

I have one of these across the back of my shop ( I call it a loft) and it was not hard to do. I used angle iron to suspend 2x6's from the ceiling and just put plywood on top... Not sure if that makes sense ?:sad5:

That was last year for me. I insulated and finished my garage and installed heat. That was one of the best things I ever did! The garage is warm in the winter and cooler in the summer.

I swear I spend 33% of my time building or looking for shelving, and another fair percentage rearranging what's on the shelves.

I have a one car garage I use as a part time shop also.I need to build some shelves above head banging height to put all the stuff I have pulled off the Dart right now.Tired of falling all over car parts and afraid I'm going to bend up all the stainless trim laying around.Then get busy on the car.

Losing my job in Oct. So I guess I will have plenty of time to do things but no money...

Hopes and Dreams.... Clean out the shop and make it function, a total wiring job in the shop, install the second lift that I have had for years and hopefully get to work on my car.

I've got a dining room additon onto the house to finish the interior. Then I get to do fun stuff; assemble 340 engine for my Challenger and finish front end assy.

Midget ****, beer, standing at the bus stop in rubber boots, a cowboy hat and a jock strap......

You know, the same thing I do every year.

Lets see... block is at machine shop, just started porting heads, the 273 finally died. Now have to push car in and out of where it is parked during working hours. My priorities seem to have been set for me. Thankfully temperatures are only in high 90's now.

I would like to get a better rear diff. in my car with sure grip. frame connectors. suspension upgrades. And a trip to Fl. to look at real estate and maybe buy a house down there so it will be warm and not sub zero with heavy snow.(I'm in the snow Belt of NY. and it gets old quick)

-
Back