What can you tell from this pic?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
This car was sitting on the side of the road by my parents house forsale with no price and no number. I just want the scoops but haven't had a chance to stop back yet. the car it's self is a pile of crap with a swaybar,7 1/4 rear, bald tires, a crapload of bondo, manual steering box, aftermarket go wing, scoops that are just bolted onto the hood with 383 emblems amd some sort of V8 that Im guessing is a stock 318 with headers. What do you guys think is it a 318 or can you tell?

The interior is trashed with a bench seat, column shift and wires hanging all over the place. The only thing worth saving was the Betty Page air freshener but I got 3 already.

The wing, scoops, steering box and swaybar are worth more than the whole car!
100_0512.jpg

100_0510.jpg

100_0509.jpg

I think youre being a little hard on it. Body really doesnt look that bad. Seen people start with a lot worse. Is the distributor in the front or rear?

By the look of those headers (three low tubes on drivers side) is is defiantly a small block. Looks like manual steering and some kind of ugly hoses hanging down way to low.

If I could pop the hood I would be able to tell what it was right away but I didn't think it was a good idea due to the fact that Im pretty sure that the people that own it are...ummmm.....addicted to some sort of substance.

looks a little like a slant 6 with one support sitting far ahead of the other.

By the 1st pic I am going to say small block as if it was a bb you would see the oil filter. And i would also say it is a 73 or newer.

Nope not my note, someone elses. This car needs new quarters at the least. I have fixed worse when I worked in the rod shop and redid a 69 firebird convert from the door jams back. About a year later the car was on the end isle at the Seattle rod and custom show. This would make a good beater If you didn't care about bondo and you didn't have something better to start with.

There sure is allot of good parts on it
Could be a slant 6 car with a small block in it.
or is that a v8 K member? sway bar, go wing, hood scoops, front bumper.
Ain't know telling what you would find inside of it.=D>

The oil pan is definately a small block, probably a 318. The ugly hoses and tubes hanging down have got to be auto trans cooler lines. The scoops are from a 69 Super Bee with fresh air induction. It looks pretty rust free. I've seen worse that have been raised from the dead. toolmanmike

Front fenders don't look too bad from the pictures unless they're loaded with bondo. Does it have front disk brakes? Along with the other item that were previously mentioned, it would definitely be worth parting out. Hard to say if it be worth anything as a project car without a closer look. Like everyone else here says, "I've seen worse".

Check the VIN #, could be an "H" code car that has seen better days.
Or a VS car, is it a Darts Special or a Duster, hard to tell without the grill, emblems or seeing the tail lights.
For sure a smallblock, but without poping the hood it can be anything from a dropped in 273 to 318, 340 or 360 can't tell by those pics.

-
Back