What car would you build for Dodge to sale in 2011?

-
Ever who came up with the "4-door Charger" needs taken out into the woods and beat... Even GM and Ford isn't that stupid, DUR- lets build a 4-door mustang and camaro...

Ummm... The Charger was one of the few sales successes for Dodge over the past 20 years (besides the minivans). Why is a car's name so sacred to some people? It's just a name, not a religion. I for one LOVE the new Chargers, not because of how they LOOK, but how the DRIVE. Y'know, a TON of people complained about the 80's Chargers because they were small, FWD four-bangers. But I guess since they only had two doors...

And I've been asking for a 4-door Mustang for decades. I think the artist rendering above looks GREAT! I'd buy one if I were in the market and had the $$$.

i think the idea of put new stuff in a car that looks the same as the old stuff would be cool but if the car looked exactly the same it would probably kill value of the actual classic old ones. just a thought

Put a ban on jap cars and make conditions favorable for AMERICAN businesses to operate in the States and America just may become a producer again and actually start making some money and all the workers who fix Jap cars in the states can now have a job working on AMERICAN cars and people who live here will quit bashing their own country and voting for assholes that are ruining it.

As far as building a Dodge Dart ever again or bringing back old car with the same design, I highly doubt it.
They make their money by building disposable rental cars like the avenger, the v-6 chargers and mini vans, that's where the money comes from, and cars like the Challenger are just thrown in there to help save their crappy reputation.

Yes, the 4 door charger idea was definitely not aimed at the mopar enthusiast but the rental car market sure loved them, but i did not. I rented a couple of the v-6 models and thought they sucked beyond belief in handling and power.

I'd like to see them build something fast, cheap and cool, but I doubt they will be building anything to compete with the chalenger any time soon.

The four door mustang idea up top is rediculous but hey, they would make nice rental cars too.

If they are going to make something cheap and economical , they might as well bring back the K-car.

I have been, in the past, a union shop steward (9 years), trained union organizer, 2nd VP of of my local (AWPPW Local 1).

This is what I can tell you. We had a time in this country when unions were needed (in many places they are still a good choice). The problem that I have seen is that….. At one time Union Workers = Greater Skill. Now (in many areas) Union Worker = lazy *** that can't get fired.

This is really an issue in seniority progression ladders when the guys at the top are completely incompetent and rely on those below then to carry their weight.

But in the end…….. Union or not, the American worker can not compete when the product or service can be provided by foreign workers making pennies an hour.

It is free trade that has put us on our knees not Unions……… lets say a Union worker is making $25 an hour and a non union worker (doing the same job) is making $15 an hour………… Both jobs will be lost to a Foreign worker making 4$ a day if that job is one that can be out sourced.

i think the idea of put new stuff in a car that looks the same as the old stuff would be cool but if the car looked exactly the same it would probably kill value of the actual classic old ones. just a thought

Classic Mopars will always be classic, I don't think it would hurt any of the older values.. Most of us never had the chance to walk into a Mopar dealership and just sit down and start checking off options.. Would't it be cool to walk in and order a stripped down (2011) 68 road runner or dart with a hemi and 6-speed???

Chrysler hadn't made but 2 engines in the past 30 years that were any good. 1 was the new Hemi and the second was the 4.7 V8, both in association with Mercedes and because of their nonsensical policies and mickey mouse designers they are bound for disaster. What really irks me is the fact that Mopar parts are so expensive unlike other manufacturers even though the original Hemi was brought to you by the father of the Corvette, Zora Argus Duntov.
I'd like to see better American design as well

Mopar parts are more expensive because of the demand (low production numbers).. If a company has a demand for 10,000 -1970 camaro fenders, that's what their going to produce and market... If theres only a demand for 200 -1970 road runner fenders it's not in their best intrest to even mess with the road runners... Plus, mopar patents are alot stricter then GM and Ford..

I'd do what they did in the sixties and seventies, build em cheap, build em fast and build em for the masses.

Just make a car that has some current styling cues that aren't so obtuse that they turn off 70% of potential buyers, give it enough performance so the guys won't be laughed at when driving it, give it decent gas mileage so we can sell it to our wives, and please please - ditch the damn inbred truck grille.

Grant

Just make a car that has some current styling cues that aren't so obtuse that they turn off 70% of potential buyers, give it enough performance so the guys won't be laughed at when driving it, give it decent gas mileage so we can sell it to our wives, and please please - ditch the damn inbred truck grille.

Grant

I hear what you are saying Grant... "Bring back the Darts!"

I don't ask my government for crap!!! Back in the coal mining days, unions were good to protect workers and working conditions.. Since then, unions have put us on the fast track to hell and the train is pulling into the station... You have a union job, good for you!!! Your argument is about like me saying "what's wrong with the drug cartel" thay pay me good and give me all kinda good benifits...

Your a fool. Heres why;

you would walk away from a union job op because it wont last. So what? Your non union job wont either,but at least if your terminated out of contract you wouuld recieve a severance package to tide you through to your next job. But you walked away from it...loser!

And no my arguement isnt like you balbbing about drug cartels because
Im not breaking any laws being union but you are being a drug cartel moron.

Mopar parts are more expensive because of the demand (low production numbers).. If a company has a demand for 10,000 -1970 camaro fenders, that's what their going to produce and market... If theres only a demand for 200 -1970 road runner fenders it's not in their best intrest to even mess with the road runners... Plus, mopar patents are alot stricter then GM and Ford..

Please stop yelling!

Dude, why don't you just shut da fu** up!!! Gezzzzzzz, give it up and move on with your life.. This is a MOPAR forum, not a MORON forum....

How/why did this get to be a Union debate????:confused::confused:

I stated in a post>>> Chrysler needs to quit wasting money and time coming out with a new car every year that no one wants (wonder what drove them bankrupt, besides union costs?)... Then the guy starts going off and name calling and defending unions..

Im not going to get involved in the little "spat" but you guys should just drop the hole debate thing...for one,this thread has nothing to do with it, two. its getting old, 3. the name calling is putting you one step closer to getting into some trouble with a mod and 4. if your a newbie its best to not "walk into someones house and wipe your muddy shoes on the carpet....its a good way to get kicked out" so be polite.

I say you guys just drop it ,forget about it and get back to what the thread was originally intended for.:cheers:

I tried to drop it early in the posts... He just keeps going on an on.. I won't respond anymore to his lame arguements...

I tried to drop it early in the posts... He just keeps going on an on.. I won't respond anymore to his lame arguements...

Good man.....if there is a fire,don't add gas to it because it will only grow larger. where as if you just walk away,it has no choice but to burn out.

Brother we can dream can't we??? I'm ordering mine B-5 blue, black hood stripes, air grabber, white bench seat interior with a white vinyl top, 6-speed with a hemi....

Yup Badart,another one...

Cant figure out where his azz is cuz it looks like his face,lol...

-
Back