What carbs are you guys running on your 360's

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
So I recently just got my 360 running, its a roller block La with custom cut cam 2.02 1.60 valves, port and polish work and roughly 9.0-9.4-1. What size carb are you guys running on your 360's? I've got a 750 DP on it right now and it seems to be a bit much. I understand all the variables but I think maybe the primary jets are probably way too damn big. Those of you running 750's on 360's where have you found to be the best jetting happy medium? I need to get the exhaust put back on really before I really start tuning because I know its Fat as hell right now because I'm getting a lot of popping I'm assuming raw fuel being reignited again due to the exhaust heat but I'm just looking for rough baselines.

Well, you are missing a lot of info but I have noticed most people are happier with a 600-650 carb on top of there 360 even if it runs a bit of cam and gear. The smaller carb is snappier in the throttle and it's response. While you'll miss some top end power and probably only 10-15 HP, the climb up the rpm scale can seem a little slower than a 750 if the car is clearly better off with a 750.

This is a build dependent issue not to mention the intended useage of the car.

The bottom line is the user. First thing to approach is tuning this current 750 to a crisp runner. Take your time get new plug sets and have at it.
Learn your carb and home your skills.

Start with a box of jets and atart with the primary side where the most driving comes into play.

This is my 360,
- W2 heads ported with MP templates w/ 2.08 intake valves and Norris rocker arms.
- Mopar Performance W2 Intake.
- TTI W2 ceramic coated headers, hooker mufflers and 3" full exhaust.
- Forged 11:1 pistons.
- Balanced.
- Comp Cams XR274R cam kit (.564 intake/.570exhaust mechanical roller).

Approximately 430 HP and currently using a 750 DP.
It has very crisp throttle response and rolling burnouts are no problem!
:burnout:

gt, there's no reason a factory jetted 750 should be dead rich, or have a "popping" issue. The stock jetting would be in the low 70's primary, and close to 80 on the secondary side. Is this a new carb, or did you pick up a used one? Give us the list# so we can determine a baseline.

Just be careful dropping the primary jet size more then 2 numbers or so from how it was delivered stock. Most will develop a lean condition with any more then that.

I agree with rumble as far as any extra info you can give will be helpful.

My 360 had a 600 dp worked fine but was a little down on power and the vacuum pull at 5k was a little high at 1.5 to almost 2" of vacuum I switched to a 750 and the vacuum was at 1/2" or so at 6k so it needed the 750. At any rate I run a 750 DP with annular booster so jetting is not the same as a regular 750 DP. I think I would go with 70 primary 76 sec, use a 28 to 31 squirter. 6.5 or higher PV, timing at at least 15 initial. And run a PVC valve. Good luck

My 360 has a 750dp with annular booster also - havent had it running yet so can't say what its like

73 Duster on the street is using a eddy 1406 600 cfm..

all 360s on race track use holley 950 if on gas.....or

quick fuel tech 950 on E-85......

Annular carb on mine is jetted 66/80. But regular booster carb signals are not as strong as an annular so the jetting is more " conventional"

I serious doubt he's running a annular carb? Talk to us gt.

We haven't gone the timing route yet.....oh boy...:D.

It's an older 750 non annular. I rebuilt not to long ago but it sat for a while. Like I said its in its infant stages. The carb use to be on a big block Chevy boat many years ago so I need to pop the float off and see what jets are in it. I'm thinking I'm going to slap my trusty 600 carter comp on just to break the motor in then switch to the 750 and really get it dialed in. I'll get you guys some info but I think its an old 4150 non HP.

Stay ,4779 750 double pumper. Pop it apart. 70 jets in primary/80 jets out back. I would start,with a 6.5 power valve ,to start. What timing curve,/initial setting. You chose a healthy hydralic roller cam . Let's start fresh: A manifold vacuum reading,as it sits.

What cam are you running? Assuming headers as well.

Edelbrock 650 Thunder series works really well for me.
Great all around carb,plus the secondary's adjust in a snap.

What timing curve,/initial setting.

Bomber hit the nail right on the head. Before you can tune your carb you have to be certain that your timing is correct.
Plus you might want to pop those float bowls off and find out exactly what's in there.

Ted

Hey Rick, if it helps, I just took the 1406 Edelbrock of my 340 a couple weeks ago. You're welcome to stick it on your 360 to break it in. It's just sitting on the bench now.

770 street avenger and love it, snappy and as close to perfect as you can get.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm having a hell of a time getting this Holley dialed in. I threw my old eddy 600 back on just to get things moving. I haven't put the front suspension back in yet until I get everything dialed in, you know the little leaks etc. this thing is pissing me off so I think I need to walk away for a bit. Think I might just buy a new quickfuel and be done with it once I get all the bugs worked out. Aside from that, the motor sounds mean as hell can't wait to flat foot it. Sounds like the street avenger is popular with you guys.

Quick fuel super street series 680cfm vaccum secondary carburetor on my 360 magnum, great carburetor, best carburetor I have ever had by far.

I have run a 600 Eddie performer 650 Eddie thunder series and a 750 dp. On the street the thunder series was the best but when I switched to the 750 at the strip I dropped two tenths. It depends on your use and driving style.

360/320HP Magnum
Long tube headers to 2.5" H-pipe duals
Built 727 through 3.55 trutrac 8 3/4 rear
Running a 625cfm STREET DEMON vacuum secondary on an Eddy RPM Air Gap...
Car go's like a raped ape on caffiene

Timing is critical first
The Street Demons are now coming through with larger primaries and are so easy to tune....love it for sure

-
Back