What color for control arms?

-

Slappy

Reaction score
I am looking for the right color for my control arms on my 72 Demon. I noticed some are gold and some are silver. What do I use and do I get it at eastwood? Also what color for my grille? Thanks.

So should I paint them silver? Black? Not sure. I was considering powder coating.

I am looking for the right color for my control arms on my 72 Demon. I noticed some are gold and some are silver. What do I use and do I get it at eastwood? Also what color for my grille? Thanks.

i believe they were natural (silver) but dipped in something that made them look gold. they weren't gold all the way to the end though.

services2.jpg

ive seen guys painting them silver, masking off the end, and then shooting them with this krylon battery protectant, it is looks really good. theres a tech thing on moparts about suspension painting. its got a lot of good tips and pics.

I will throw my two cents in here. My friend Keith (whose 69 cuda vert was consumed in a fire) had redone his. He painted them with a cast metal color to look like raw metal, and it did! Then for the cosmoline look, that will last, he sprayed rustoleum hammered gold paint lightly. They looked NOS when he was done! I suggest that you take some clean metal, try the cast metal paint and then experiment with the hammered gold. I think you'll be pleased.
David

-
Back