what color to paint 67 barracuda notchback

-

a67cuda499

Reaction score
i have a 67 barracuda notchback with black interer and a black vinal top what color should i paint it? it was origanile silver but was repainted blue now primer what colors go good with black top? also has 6 pack hood. any pics would help

At the end of the day you'll go with what you like I'm sure.
My opinions ?, I dont like gray, especially on a car with no side marker lamps.
Its a disappearing act in some conditions. Gray car in a gray road on a gray day.
Orange and black scream haloween at me.
If I had the opertunity to delete the vynil top, I would in most cases.
The only vynil top I would keep correct is a mod top and that would have to be the yellow modtop scheme.

If your looking for ideas, and not going original color, I think yellow with a black top would look good. Not the Y2 pale yellow, but something like '70 model "top bananna" or viper yellow, something brighter like that.

Good luck on your project,
Jason

67 notchbacks look kinda nice in pale yellow

100_0661 mini.JPG

rescuda1.jpg

100_0662 mini.JPG

Hands down, silver with the black for me. If I had a chance to order a new one back in the day it would have been silver.

On a side note... Color choice for me is ease... I always paint my cars the original color.

This 69 notchback belongs to a member here and is one of the best example's I've ever seen.
I've seen it in person and it's a true stunner.

69cuda.jpg

Any color want ... what makes you happy? lol

That bronze is very nice spaz!

Yeah , I know, any color goes good with black so the options are endless and paint it whatever color YOU like.

You know you can go on photobucket and play with you car's hue if you click the edit function.

Here are a couple pics I was messing with with my car.

18.jpg

Orange is the original color.

18-1.jpg

18-2.jpg

Here's Mulinax's car.
Original green.

axcar2.jpg

Then some modified ones.

axcar2-1.jpg

axcar2-2.jpg

axcar-1-1-1.jpg

axcar-1-1-1-1.jpg

axcar-1.jpg

Here are some more modified ones of mine.

wheels31-3.jpg

wheels27-1.jpg

wheels21-1.jpg

chrome22-1.jpg

I'd personally go with a bright red. The red would look really nice with the black vinyl top and black interior. Also i'd do a black decal on the car, I'm not sure which ones you could get for 67' but i think that would look really sharp. O and cudaspaz i LOVE that colour on your cuda looks awesome!

I looked through my notchback photos and found a few favorites. I believe only one with a black vinyl top.They may belong to members, I hope they don't mind me posting their cars. toolmanmike

-
Back