What Did You nThink About Chrysler's "It's Halftime America" Commercial?

-
I loved it. Best commercial of the game - and not just because it's a Mopar commercial. I thought the message was right on.
Hopefully the voters in November get the message and choose correctly to get us going on the second half - or this game is going to be over way too soon.
I'll just leave it at that as this thread is not in the politics forum.

I couldn't see it, the american commercials aren't aired in Canada through CTV, even watching on the NBC channel on satellite T.V., it's all CTV.
I wonder why that is?
It really pisses me off.

Here ya go Dartnut

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PE5V4Uzobc"]Chrysler Commercial - It's Halftime in America - YouTube[/ame]

"we all pulled together"? They stiffed the bond holders (illegal) and gave GM to the union who helped BK it. Fritz took all the tech knowhow that they needed and the US guv basically gave Fiat the company. Last straw for me is the new Dart, well until they come out with a 4 banger front wheel drive Demon.

I like ole Clint but the message is wrong. Where is the new Chally made? Canada. Remember, the canadian guv also helped bail out GM and Fiat.

Excellent, sent a chill up my spine, when Clint talks ya gotto listen. They need to shutdown all those firetrucking drug commercials at suppertime and put Clint on a couple three times a night.

I'm with airwoofer on this one.
I hated it.

It was a whitewash of an American business disaster.

"When times got tough" really means "when the Executives and the Unions drove two auto makers to bankruptcy".

"We pulled together" really means "when Congress and The Executive Branch of government took your money and gave it to the failing GM and Chrysler and took control of both of them, gave one to the incompetent UAW and the other to the Germans, all at a loss to you, the taxpayers".

"The second half begins" is a warning, not a rally around the flag boys moment. Witness the Chevy fincancial disaster known as The Volt. It isn't selling. Witness the Fiat Dodge Dart. How will that sell in the U.S.?

Sure it was made to make you feel good.....and it obviously did. It was designed to make you overlook the fact that since Lee Iococca negotiated the first government bailout of Chrysler, the company had to be bailed out a second time and then sold to a foreign automaker twice.

What Clint should have said was "Look at Ford. Allan Mullaly kept them from using taxpayer money to get their financial house in order and it kept them from being sold to the UAW or some other foreign entity. THAT is the American Spirit in which our Founding Fathers established for all Americans. Join us in doing the same as we work to become an American company once more."

That commercial made me really appreciate that I drive an "American" Chrysler car that was assembled in Canada with an engine made in Mexico.

I have to get into my 1969 Dodge or my 1971 Duster if I want to drive an American car.

Second half don't look too good.

At first I actually really liked the commercial. But then I remembered that it is now "Chrysler-Fiat"... and I got pissed and got up to go get some food. Plus I dont care too much for that "imported from detroit" thing either :/. Its hard to stand up for mopar anymore when all a chevy or ford guy has to say to win the arguement is "Ok mr Chrysler-Fiat lover" >.>

I missed it. Went out to collect fire wood at half time. Thanks for the link. That is a good one. I liked it.

I'm with airwoofer on this one.
I hated it.

It was a whitewash of an American business disaster.

"When times got tough" really means "when the Executives and the Unions drove two auto makers to bankruptcy".

"We pulled together" really means "when Congress and The Executive Branch of government took your money and gave it to the failing GM and Chrysler and took control of both of them, gave one to the incompetent UAW and the other to the Germans, all at a loss to you, the taxpayers".

"The second half begins" is a warning, not a rally around the flag boys moment. Witness the Chevy fincancial disaster known as The Volt. It isn't selling. Witness the Fiat Dodge Dart. How will that sell in the U.S.?

Sure it was made to make you feel good.....and it obviously did. It was designed to make you overlook the fact that since Lee Iococca negotiated the first government bailout of Chrysler, the company had to be bailed out a second time and then sold to a foreign automaker twice.

What Clint should have said was "Look at Ford. Allan Mullaly kept them from using taxpayer money to get their financial house in order and it kept them from being sold to the UAW or some other foreign entity. THAT is the American Spirit in which our Founding Fathers established for all Americans. Join us in doing the same as we work to become an American company once more."

That commercial made me really appreciate that I drive an "American" Chrysler car that was assembled in Canada with an engine made in Mexico.

I have to get into my 1969 Dodge or my 1971 Duster if I want to drive an American car.

Second half don't look too good.
X2, well said.

I think the ad was a whitewash of the automaker bailouts and an attempt to rewrite history in this election cycle. The ad about the volt was a joke also. They spent a huge percentage of the meager Jan sales on that ad spot. Another guv run program gone bad. The CFR controlled teevee "news" media was all over how great the ad was but folks, it was an oboma campaign ad. Hence the 1st half and 2nd half message of re-elect the messiah and watch great things happen in his 2nd term.

Sorry to all the great FABO folks that liked the ad - just my opinions.

Yeah, if I want to drive an American car guess it has to really be made in the 60's and 70's and not too deep into the 70's either.

Not to beat the "made in America" dead horse, but my '70 Swinger was made in Canada. I don't know about your '69 & 71 cars...

While I mostly agree with what you wrote, I still like the commercial. I thought it was political until the dude drops off his kids in the Challenger.

The commercial some how makes you feel good about being a American even though we are having bailouts, economic down turn, etc... When you see the families, children, and fire fighters standing there it's a powerful thing. You have to admit it wakes up the "Lets get this country back in shape and return it to the powerhouse it used to be!" inside you going.

There at the end when Clint is talking about the second half I took it like "Lets get this jerk wad president out of office!" Or something of that nature. Like he was talking to the American citizens as a whole.

Anyone else feel that way?

Never got to see it but if Clint's in it it's got to be good. Clint he's the MAN.

Not to beat the "made in America" dead horse, but my '70 Swinger was made in Canada. I don't know about your '69 & 71 cars...

While I mostly agree with what you wrote, I still like the commercial. I thought it was political until the dude drops off his kids in the Challenger.

Both the Duster and the Polara were built in Hamtramck, MI.

Yep, I thought it was political at first knowing Clint's views.

"the world will hear the roar of our engines"

if that doesn't move you on this site I don't know what will

The commercial some how makes you feel good about being a American even though we are having bailouts, economic down turn, etc... When you see the families, children, and fire fighters standing there it's a powerful thing. You have to admit it wakes up the "Lets get this country back in shape and return it to the powerhouse it used to be!" inside you going.

There at the end when Clint is talking about the second half I took it like "Lets get this jerk wad president out of office!" Or something of that nature. Like he was talking to the American citizens as a whole.

Anyone else feel that way?

I felt that way about Congress and the President ever since TARP, The Big Bailout of GM and Chrysler, and the "Stimulus" Packages.

Personally, I thank The Tea Party Congressional members for protecting me from the Democrats and the Republicans who just can't stop making things worse for everyone. This last Congress accomplished so little that it wasn't able to hurt me fincancially too much. I can't say the same thing for some of my FABO brothers who are out of work due to the economic "recovery".

Guess what my 2000 and my 90, and my dads new 2011 rams were all built in michigan.I liked it Clint just made it better, Hope it helps em sell cars myself,

My 01 Ram came from St. Louis.(Plant now gone and thousands of jobs)
One thing I read years ago about Clint was that he is into Mopars.During his "Mayor of Carmel" years, it was said that he drove a Plymouth cop car from his Dirty Harry days as his daily driver.It also stated that he had a few more in his stable.

-
Back