What do you guys think about these heads

-
Tom Hemphill that owned these heads was very close to the Koffels and they worked on many projects together. Years ago Tom made the first set of billet B1 heads for their dragster the Lake Erie Monster. Well Tom passed away A year or two ago at an early age and his wife is cleaning out the shop and I was told about these heads. I’m just trying to gather info so I can list them for sale for her.

The B1BA heads my brother bought( at Monster Mopar@Norwalk were ported by Hemphill, according to the seller.
my brother bought the complete heads, an intake, and rocker gear for 1200 bucks. This has probably been 5 years ago now.

The B1BA heads my brother bought( at Monster Mopar@Norwalk were ported by Hemphill, according to the seller.
my brother bought the complete heads, an intake, and rocker gear for 1200 bucks. This has probably been 5 years ago now.

But these are supposedly the MC version of those heads with the flow numbers listed above. I think they flow in the 350cfm area.

You dont wan- a rebuild a set of J heads do ya?just guides seat work maybe some decking...or milling, I forget the terminology where you flatten the sealing surface on the millin g machine.

Not this guy. Lol. I sold off my last five small block Mopar heads for 20 or 25.00 years ago so I wouldn’t grab a grinder and start doing something stupid. Now that I have a valve and seat machine that was even a smarter move on my part.

Not this guy. Lol. I sold off my last five small block Mopar heads for 20 or 25.00 years ago so I wouldn’t grab a grinder and start doing something stupid. Now that I have a valve and seat machine that was even a smarter move on my part.
I miss when they were that cheap :)

I recently got a set of these heads back from Brett Miller who did the CNC port work on them. They look impressive! Very similar to my W8 ports. We are in the process of doing some additional modifications to them and finish machine work. Hope to have them on an R3 block this spring in our Dirt Late Model.

-
Back