What do you think about this Valiant?

-

Badart

Reaction score
This car is forsale in my area. I haven't looked at it personally yet. It belonged to the owners father who just passed away. Its a 74 Valiant /6 auto. He says it was in garage kept. He claims the car is rust free and the interior is nice (He doesn't know about the seats because his dad always had sattle blankets on them) and it drives good. Normally I wouldn't even look at a 4 door, but man this car is clean. I'm thinking about picking it up for a daily driver and park my Dakota. He wants $1,200 obo. I asked him how firm he is on the price and he says that he is pretty flexable. What do you think? Maybe a sleeper down the road?

Valiant driver.jpg

Valiant front.jpg

Valiant rear.jpg

Valiant side.jpg

You know that is just a great all around good car, it is just as practical now as it was in it's day. I don't think your getting hurt if you are going to drive her, she'll probly give someone many years of enjoyment.

If it's nearly as solid as the pictures suggest, it's hard to go wrong for the money. With an eye toward the future - that could easily become a killer sleeper.

I told the guy that I might be down on Friday to look at it. If it is what he says I can't pass it up.

I gave the son of the original owner $1000 for my 73 Dart 4 door, slant six with 64,000 miles. It now has 87,000 miles and it is my daily driver, gets killer gas mileage and it is easy to work on. I say bring a grand, keep 200 in one pocket and offer $800 and see what happens.

Looks like my kind of ride =P~ Bucket backs and a four door.
Check and see if she has disk brakes and look closely under the car and carpet :read2:, Yes a good find.:cheers:

looks like it would make a nice cruiser. bag it, some astro supremes and tight whites and enjoy!
-Tim

I'll bet the service records are all there. Man it looks clean. I say get it and make it into a super six...
C

i don't like the 4 door or that year body style but if its that clean and it runs that nice it would make for a great driver.

Not going with the 74 Valiant. Instead I found this 73 dart it is a factory 318 car. I have not seen the car (just pictures) He has just under $4K in the rebuild including bodywork, 5K mile 318 longblock, headers, new flowmaster exhaust. He is moving out of state. He has slowly dropped his price over the last couple of weeks. I offered him $750 and he reluctantly said come and get it. Driving down to pick it up in the morning. The car does start and run, but it knocked out a freeze plug over the winter. So hopefully the block is fine. Just what I need, another project. I will post more pics tommorrow.

Dart.jpg

Dart2.jpg

Dart3.jpg

-
Back