What does everyone think about this color?

-

7duster4

Reaction score
My 1974 Duster is currently at my school where I am doing body work as I am in the adult auto collision class. When new my car was painted "frosty green metallic" Seems like a rare color these days. Probably becuase most people hated it and painted it something else. Thats probably what i'll paint back on it because I really like the color. But most of my students think it's foolish to put that green back on. Saying it's too dull and bland. My interior is dark green as well. I would maybe paint it sublime but then the engine bay/trunk area would have to be painted the same. Here are a few pics. One from this past summer and currently. I should have it painted by the end of june. I am really looking forward to getting it done but it's been a real headache. We raplaced both quarters, both rocker panels and fenders. I hope I can finish it in time. What does everyone think.

-Brian

young gun pic 4.jpg

DSCF4612.jpg

DSCF4615.jpg

I like it. I had a 72 Demon painted that color. It was different, but that is what I liked about it. I say, "paint it green"

I vote paint it the original color. A car is only original once. I know the color of my Duster isnt the best (Golden Fawn), but I am repainting it a little at a time, and I dont want to have to do the door jambs or wheel-wells or engine bay, as they still wear good factory paint. Plus, that green is pretty unique.

Yeah thats another thing I really like about the color: Different and unique. It has a 70's vibe to it. Anytime I take my car to a show or cruise in I can always spot it. It just stands out in a different way. I love the brilliant and vibrant mopar colors but I think I may just stick with this.

I think the golden fawn looks great on that duster. I just looked through your cardomain and you have been making great progress. Everything looks great. Keep up the good work.

I like it! I'm a sucker for green, anyway. I'm painting The Duke the original Winchester Grey because that's what color it left the factory as, not because it's my favorite color. Be different. Be original. Be green!

Those Darts look great. It's very rare that I see a mopar with that color. Now I can try and picture what mine will look like. Thats definetly the color im going for. When I went to the 2008 mopar nats I saw one mopar with this color. It was a 1976 feather duster. Looked very good. Thanks for the link with pics.

man that color looks great! don't change it. it is a color that is not seen enough. look at these cars....http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=34945

Very lively. I like the org. colors better but I feel you will repaint it in a few years anyway.

I painted one of my cars green and one of my older friends said"you werent ever in the army were ya" i still laugh wen i think of this. Green swinger in my sig.

I had a 74 swinger that was originally frosty metallic green. I like that color. But hey my 72 Swinger is b1 powder blue and I'm keeping that too.

Scott

How much did each rear quarter panel cost ya? I was thinking of doing the same to my 71 duster and I know there different, just looking for a ballpark figure. thanks

hey man go with the green....nothing beats a mean grean muscle machine lol....i have a 71 scamp with a green interior and i tell ya its different and thats what i love...I am currently debating myself as to what colour green to paint it....thinking of the dodge neon nitro yellow green, sassy grass green, or a real dark green (or black with green bumblebee stripe)....do what you want, but i say KEEP IT GREEN!

Make it any color you like. It's your car. I had a Furd Maverick in green that I truly hated, but on the other hand, I really like the british racing green that Michaeluser posted too.

It's a rare color, it's the original color, it's a Mopar color, and you like it........

Sounds like a slam dunk.............8)

:bball::bball::bball::bball:

Each quarter cost $150. They weren't the best fit though. The were a tad shorter in length. I bought them from a local warehouse called ABP "auto body panels" But besides the length they were a good fit.

Thanks for the feedback guys

How much did each rear quarter panel cost ya? I was thinking of doing the same to my 71 duster and I know there different, just looking for a ballpark figure. thanks

ANYTHING but burgandy/red! Green is my favorite color, I have a duster that particular shade, they look awesome, and as a bonus, you like the color. Make it easy on yourself and paint it back to original. Tell the kids that it will be back in style in 5 years, and they will like it anyway when it's fresh. My favorite is F8 if it is changed.:evil4:

-
Back