What engine hoist for pulling engine/trans while on cribs?

-
I you had had a hot teacher, you probably would have paid even less attention.

46610996-E62A-406B-8C64-EEF85CDF8E14.jpeg

Exactly. How do they expect us to learn? The educational system is busted. No pun intended.

Last edited:
LOL. In my High School senior year I had a HOT student teacher for English. It was really hard (pun intended) to focus in that class.

LOL. In my High School senior year I had a HOT student teacher for English. It was really hard (pun intended) to focus in that class.
I had a hot English teacher too, hard to concentrate!

Last edited:
Is it Safe for me to Pull the Engine out by the Intake Manifold on a '65 273 with the lil 5/16" Bolts?

The answer is yes; just make sure the lift plate is down snug to the intake flange. I have to ask the question; what makes you think you couldn't?

Just in case you all are wondering, typical carb flange bolts are 5/16”. I would go by clamp force as a reference for how much a bolt will lift.
9AD4362E-F0F8-40F5-A9C7-1823F4DFB8A6.png

So I mean seriously, two pages in on a hot teacher thread and nobody has posted a link to Van Halen song? Kern Dog you are slipping! And yes I realize why didn’t I do it? Simple answer I don’t know how!

The HF cherry picker will do it, just run your arm and chain down to where you think it will end up when the load is seated or lifted and remember where that is, its a drag to lift a load and then max out on the lift and you still got 6" of rad support to clear. grab it close to intake. If you pull both together the trans will end up pointing 45 down and piss ATF all over the place, use a plug! Youll still have to wrestle the trans over the rad support while pulling the cherry picker, NOT SAFE WITH ONE PERSON! Make sure the wheels are lubed, n a HARD surface and pointing the right direction. Id tell you to roll the car back but its on cribbing. If you use a load leveler it reduces the lift height you can obtain. It may end up being easier/safer to pull them seperated, then you can get a straight lift and not beat up your tunnel or have to roll back 700 lbs.
i14534-jpg.jpg

The HF cherry picker will do it, just run your arm and chain down to where you think it will end up when the load is seated or lifted and remember where that is, its a drag to lift a load and then max out on the lift and you still got 6" of rad support to clear. grab it close to intake. If you pull both together the trans will end up pointing 45 down and piss ATF all over the place, use a plug! Youll still have to wrestle the trans over the rad support while pulling the cherry picker, NOT SAFE WITH ONE PERSON! Make sure the wheels are lubed, n a HARD surface and pointing the right direction. Id tell you to roll the car back but its on cribbing. If you use a load leveler it reduces the lift height you can obtain. It may end up being easier/safer to pull them seperated, then you can get a straight lift and not beat up your tunnel or have to roll back 700 lbs.
View attachment 1715803596
Previous owner cut the top of my rad support,so he didnt have to lift engine so high. That and his ceiling was not quite 8 feet. As much as i dislike cutting the rad support, it sure makes life easier.

-
Back