What exhaust manifolds will work?!

-

jonnydart440

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I'm sure this has been done to death, but here goes. I have a 440 on a small block k frame with adapter mounts. I absolutely hate my fender well headers, they hit the tires and the front end is jacked to the sky to clear em! My engine is a 70's low compression, extremely mild build, if not stock 440. The headers are so over kill, who ever put this thing together was trying to make it a drag car, but it's not. I want to get rid of em and lower the front end, I'm not going to pay $600 for tti or Schumachers (if someone has a used set to sell relatively cheap, then great!) At this point I'm willing to install manifolds, I know A body big block manifolds are hard to find. I thought I read that b body manifolds would work. I'm not looking for matching numbers or anything, just want to make this work. So does anyone know exactly what manifolds I can get away with using? I have an exhaust guy who can custom bend pipes to fit so that is not an issue. Thanks so much in advance!
Jon.

Any 383-440 hp manifolds will do just fine..

The 68-69 B Body manifolds are the best. They will fit, though the driver's side will require the column housing to be shortened and you will need to convert to floor shift if it is not already. I believe the passenger's side just falls in.

-
Back