what goes here? 71 dart swinger body part?

-

2kids

Reaction score
I don't have a shop manual for my 1971 dart swinger yet. Can someone tell me what goes in these two holes? Is it just a body plug that's missing? Those holes go straight through to my carpet.

Can you tell by the photos or should I try again?

Thanks,
Darcy

missingpart2.jpg

those holes were drilled by some previous owner i would bet.

just took these from a 71 dart parts car in my driveway. no holes that low. plus the one hole is right on a rib. the factory wouldn't do that.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

those holes were drilled by some previous owner i would bet.

just took these from a 71 dart parts car in my driveway. no holes that low. plus the one hole is right on a rib. the factory wouldn't do that.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Hmmm...looks like you're right. Any shot at what they were considering doing?

Looks like they're for add-on A/C hoses to me. Does it look like there may have been an evaporator hung under the dash at one time? Is the A/C fuse hole in the fuse block filled? Extra holes in the radiator support for a condenser or drier? If the engine is still original, there would be an extra pulley on the balancer and that goofy, rear-facing snorkle type air cleaner.
Thanks, Mark

Looks like they're for add-on A/C hoses to me. Does it look like there may have been an evaporator hung under the dash at one time? Is the A/C fuse hole in the fuse block filled? Extra holes in the radiator support for a condenser or drier? If the engine is still original, there would be an extra pulley on the balancer and that goofy, rear-facing snorkle type air cleaner.
Thanks, Mark

Mark, thanks I will take a closer look at all of this!
Darcy

thats air conditioning man i know because i took mine out yesterday so i know for a fact its air conditioning!

Can someone say 'aftermarket a/c'? Cause that what was there. They are too low to be factory holes. Look around under the dash and you may find holes or some brackets left over from when the unit was on. It would have bolted to the lower dash and was self contained except for power and a condenser out front.

could there have been a remote oil filter? Possibly feed and return line holes?

nevermind it looks like they go into the drivers compartment. I'm sure they didn't put the filter in the glovebox:)

sounds like aftermarket AC is the predominant pick for what went here, now I'll have to plug them up, anyone got a source for plugs?

Yup!
Aftermarket A/C was there.... Too bad it is gone.
They are nice to have in the south.

Is the add on Crank Pully still there? I could use one!
It will be a Cast Pully bolted on to the front of the Crank.
Let me know.
Later,
Bruce B.

-
Back