What goes in these two holes?

-

Garethw

Mopar. Because rocket science is too easy.
Reaction score
Hey gang. I’m filling in unwanted holes in the engine bay of my 65 Valiant. Anybody know what these two holes (circled in green) are for? This is the left inner fender near the battery tray (which I’ve filled in, battery is going in th trunk).

726A8EFD-313F-4CD3-8EC9-32EFFC02D84A.jpeg

I think the little hole is where one of the white plastic straps for the headlight harness is attached.

Top one is battery hold down. Lower one doesn't look like it should be there. The wire harness strap holes are in pairs and not in the channel...

The top of the two holes is for the battery hold down “j” bolt.
The lower and smaller is for the plastic hanger that holds the battery cable or harness in place. That one is not a double push it’s a single loop style I’m in not mistaken. It serves a purpose BUT if you want to change it. Why not?

Hey gang. I’m filling in unwanted holes in the engine bay of my 65 Valiant. Anybody know what these two holes (circled in green) are for? This is the left inner fender near the battery tray (which I’ve filled in, battery is going in th trunk).

View attachment 1715387566

They are beggin to be filled with molten MIG wire.

Thanks guys! Theys a gettin filled then :)

tape a real penny behind them and zip 'em with a MIG.

As mentioned, top battery J-Bolt, bottom, harness clip, this is single pin one attached to the harness not the straps that cross over the harness.

Alan

All filled :) No zooming in on my weld though!

94D40909-2434-470D-AF36-A5B6AE93CC2E.jpeg

-
Back