What have I got myself in to? Denver here we come!!

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I have lost my mind. Well, atleast what was left. So some of you may be familiar with my swinger. If not here is a little history. It "had" a pretty healthy 440 in it until about two weeks ago. I decided that I wanted to turn the car in to something that I could really enjoy. You know, putting some real miles on the car. At the same time, having all of the reliability and conveniences of a modern car. Well, here is whats currently going on. I bought an 01 ram two wheel drive with a 360 and overdrive. I got the truck for a steal considering the low mileage and maintenance records. So what I am doing is taking everything from the ram and putting it into my swinger. I mean everything. I have my best friend and amazing fabricator helping me out here also. We have mocked up the heater/air conditioning box under the dash of the dart and you wouldnt believe how well it actually fits lol. With a little trimming on the firewall and a few holes for the mounting studs its in. Still working on the ducting but otherwise shes in. We are also going to be able to use all of the factory a/c lines, dryer, and condensor from the ram. ALL of the wiring from the ram is going into the dart aswell as the gauge cluster. I already have a 20 gallon fuel cell in the trunk that we are going to install the ram fuel pump/sending unit. Basically what we will have here is a dodge ram inside of a dart swinger. The engine is in, my tti headers showed up today, and I also picked up my power steering gear box this afternoon and got it bolted in. We have lots of wiring to lay in the engine bay and dash but its looking like it shouldnt be to brutal of a job. Still need to figure out where to mount the rams a/c control panel and figure out the gauge cluster mounting. Once all of that is in, hopefully by the weekend, we will get the car over to tims shop and on the lift to modify the floor to fit the new overdrive transmission. Plan is to have the car done and on the road to Denver for the Mopars at Thunder Mountain. Wait! Thats less than a month away! Yep I have lost it. But damn I love a challenge. Here are just a couple of pictures to show the progress. I will be adding more pics to the thread as it comes along.

View attachment IMG_20120506_135946.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120506_135959.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120506_140037.jpg

View attachment IMG_20120506_140101.jpg

You have jumped right in head first. I am looking forward to this project. Nice job.:thumleft:

cool.. i have a 94 van out here with 318 magnum in it. it has crossed my mind on more then one occasion to install the driveline into my dart.

Hope to meet you at Bandimere on the 3rd! Best of luck!

Looking forward to following the progress on this project!

Good Luck!

Thanks for all of the interest guys! Iam really looking forward to making the trip to denver and would like to meet all fabo guys and gals! I moved from aurora to phoenix back in 2003. Are any of you guys members of the Rocky Mountain Performance Mopar Club? I was member for several years. Keep an eye out for me!

I figured since I had the whole truck I might as well use it lol. We are making a panel to cover the large hole where the blower motor used to be and the nee hole for the evap just for a nice clean look. The heater hoses are actually coming thru the same hole as the originals. I will keep the thread updated as things progress, which will be quickly!

Lookin' good. I for one am glad, in more than one way, you decided to do this. I have done an entire organ transplant before, but now we get all the ins and outs on the Dart! Do you really have time to be here typing!? LOL :D

Thanks for all of the interest guys! Iam really looking forward to making the trip to denver and would like to meet all fabo guys and gals! I moved from aurora to phoenix back in 2003. Are any of you guys members of the Rocky Mountain Performance Mopar Club? I was member for several years. Keep an eye out for me!

I figured since I had the whole truck I might as well use it lol. We are making a panel to cover the large hole where the blower motor used to be and the nee hole for the evap just for a nice clean look. The heater hoses are actually coming thru the same hole as the originals. I will keep the thread updated as things progress, which will be quickly!

Was a member of the RPM club back in the early 80's. Jeff Moore & company. LOL

Hopefully we'll catch you at the track! Good luck on the build.

Yea I wasnt a member until 91?? If I remember right. Shoot I didnt even get my drivers license until 93 lol.

Your builds are amazing....I certainly wouldn't bet against 'ya getting it done in time :thumleft:

I googled the Mopar event in Colorado. It's a 1 day show or we'd consider going.....

-
Back