What have I gotten myself into?

-
in the front end puzzle ....the rack placement is EVERYTHING....all components work (some separately) from its location.

by removing your firewall and giving unlimited room to RAISE the driveline, it allows the rack to be placed higher....while letting your car hang lower

And I keep pushing that relationship ;)

Got some Hemidenny goodies yesterday

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

Not gonna fully attach anything though because my stance may require some more mods for the LA Superslammer K but Everything looks awesome so far. I also like the fact that I could use off the shelf parts in with Denny's stuff which makes future service something I can do where ever I need to because I can walk into any parts store and get what I need.

like goverment spending? John, the build looks great! :thumblef:
Thanks Mark. My wife isn't happy I've spent nearly $1000 this month but thankfully most of that is profit from the sale of other parts. I did however manage to get her up to the shop to see the car(first time she's seen it since tear down) and she said it's looking good. SO I got a thumbs up from the wife and after convincing her to stick with the budget and giving her $100 a month funny money (for manicures and what not) she's a bit more understanding that I need to invest in the car at this point to go further.

He said the other problem you will have is ride quality. I told him if I was worried about ride quality I'd put 14's on it with 318 torsion bars.

Got some Hemidenny goodies yesterday

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

Not gonna fully attach anything though because my stance may require some more mods to the LA Superslammer K but Everything looks awesome so far. I also like the fact that I could use off the shelf parts in with Denny's stuff which makes future service something I can do where ever I need to because I can walk into any parts store and get what I need.

No mods to k....might have to make different hoops only for the LA because the uppers might contact on full compression

Schermafbeelding2013-01-20om024402-20130119-230456.png

Got this today thought I would share. Also received an email from Stacy David that he is putting together a what are you working on segment for my car in gearz. Don't know when but he asked for hi Res pictures.

Ok the steel is coming in for my firewall today. I'm gonna get a bit creative with it since I have to recess it for engine clearance I will post pictures of my ideas when it gets here.

Ok the steel is coming in for my firewall today. I'm gonna get a bit creative with it since I have to recess it for engine clearance I will post pictures of my ideas when it gets here.

I saw this a little too late for my build but for you this would be something for you to try....heres a link to the build in case you missed this one, it's worth your time to check out, lots of custom sheet metal, notched frame and a hemi thats to over the top.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=23340&highlight=coronet

Attachments

• DSC_4755.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 734
  • DSC_4758.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 736
  • DSC_4839.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 737
WOW.....is that bolt on????

Gotta show the firewall set-up to Bro Weeb.....for his Dart (with my guidence ,of course).

Awesome looking fire wall!! I keep watching this build really exited to see it done great ideas in this thread!

IMAG0248.jpg

This is a little better of a drawing. Still trying to lay it out in my head but the inside lines of the m will be bead rolled in and the outside edge will be the recess for engine clearance.

Hey John - How did you deal with multiple (3) pcs of steel that all come together at the fire weld pinch weld? I see that you cut above the pinch weld for your new fire wall. But you still have the inner structure underneath? Did you just weld that to the new firewall from the underside or did you eliminate it?

It looks good, but all this fab car **** has me pre-planning how I am going to do my firewall once my Gen 3 Viper engine shows up.

Hey John - How did you deal with multiple (3) pcs of steel that all come together at the fire weld pinch weld? I see that you cut above the pinch weld for your new fire wall. But you still have the inner structure underneath? Did you just weld that to the new firewall from the underside or did you eliminate it?

It looks good, but all this fab car **** has me pre-planning how I am going to do my firewall once my Gen 3 Viper engine shows up.

I had originally cut and welded the seam together. I however scrapped that and since I shaved my vent holes it's not near as important for me to have everything tied together in there. I do have some inner structure welding to do though I'm just to lazy to lay on my back for a couple hours right now.

-
Back