What have I gotten myself into?

-
So I had some time to spend on the car today after I finished a side job early. I spent the last 2 hours cleaning pistons and replacing rings but alas I forgot where I put my ring compressor so the assembly of the shortblock will have to wait until this weekend. I downloaded a factory service manual for the 03 truck engine and harness I have and my buddy SuperT is comparing it to the 06 car manual and CAD'ing out a new wiring diagram now I just need to get the pcm in my hands and get the engine assembled so I can fire her up and make sure everything is working. Money has been tight so I can't move on this thing like I would like to so the rear end still sits without axles(money went to the Hemi) and I am still not sure what to do for body work once I have her running.

I will say this sitting here staring at her it's amazing what a year can do to a perfectly good running car. To bad I had the Hemi bug running through my head.

Most of my interior is metal (72) including upper door parts and what not. I was curious about the material on the door panels.....Got to get rid of that yellow and wood grain. I can get most of the plastic parts from a local donor that are black plastic, so no worries there. The last time I did an interior, the fabric came off pretty quickly, so was wondering if there were specifics that you used.

Sorry to highjack the thread. I really love what you have done with your ride!

3m Super 77 Adhesive and felt from Joanne fabrics seems to be holding up pretty well as a matter of fact I was trying to pull it off to use my old panels for templates and it won't come off.

Pictures of todays progress
130k Miles on these puppies but they are still pretty damn good
2010-12-02160654.jpg

2010-12-02160702.jpg

My wiring mess

2010-12-02160709.jpg

Lols, so I guess that is what I will use! Going to get a really nice black heavy duty auto grade carpet to use (buddy works as Corporate installer at AudioExpress) and use that for the panels. Thanks for the Tip!

Ok quick update no new pictures But I just got an 06 SRT8 Pcm a set of Grand Cherokee Manifolds a 6.1 cam and I finally got my cam and crank sensors so She will be going in this weekend and hopefully getiing fired up. I still need to map out some of my wiring but thats mostly done too.

John, the build seems to be progressing nicely. One thing to keep in mind. I believe you will find the SRT PCM has the security system enabled so that may throw a wrench in getting it fired up. You can download the entire 06 LX platform service manual in a PDF file. It has a ton of good info in it along with the wiring diagrams.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=24486

John, the build seems to be progressing nicely. One thing to keep in mind. I believe you will find the SRT PCM has the security system enabled so that may throw a wrench in getting it fired up. You can download the entire 06 LX platform service manual in a PDF file. It has a ton of good info in it along with the wiring diagrams.
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=24486
Johan at diablosprt has enabled the skim hardware switch in the cmr software so I can disable it sooo I'm hoping it works if not I have a way to get a key cut so I can use the skim if need be. I should also mention it's a b&g flashed pcm so that might help me too.

If B&G flashed it it most likely has the skimm and trans disabled unless the flashed it for a late model car install.

If B&G flashed it it most likely has the skimm and trans disabled unless the flashed it for a late model car install.
Came out of an 06 SRT charger since you are an LX forums member you might know who I got it from. It's out of Ekaz's old charger.

Well I have a fully assembled hemi and a PCM so if my day goes smoothly I might just get this puppy to fire up if I can get my wiring laid out the rest of the way in the am.

what year/model vehicle did you get that 9" rear with the disc brakes?

8 inch actually and it was out of a 64 mustang but the disc brakes were aftermarket. I'm going with a 9.25 Chrysler now with 9" housing ends so I can run the Strange 12 inch rear brakes.

tired I did a clutch in a Mini yesterday/today that booked 10 hours in 5 hours and then spent the last several hours bolting up my manifolds and tracing wires.

Nope seems that the truck harness has wires in areas I don't need them and no wires where I do need them soooo it's taking a bit of work. We are going to do a completely CAD'ed out diagram when we are done AND I might post it here depending on how large the file becomes. Heck I'm sitting here right now with the 2 Factory services manuals open and I'm comparing the harness pin outs and writing down things like " 03 has no wires for a bank 2 down stream o2 sensor but it will be disabled so don't worry about them" and of course my wire colors don't match my pcm pinouts so we are remapping about 2-3 hundred wire colors.

Gotta love modern technology........ Why the hell didn't I just buy that carb'ed 360 my buddy was selling for $450 bucks?............
2010-12-19083852.jpg

Just a few more pictures to see what I was up to last night.......
this it the cluster fudge I'm working through
2010-12-19084738.jpg

My new Jeep SRT8 manifolds (A Christmas gift to myself)
2010-12-19084658.jpg

Mapped out wiring
2010-12-19084804.jpg

2010-12-19084828.jpg

2010-12-19163446.jpg

2010-12-19163426.jpg

2010-12-19163402.jpg

Well I need a few powers grounds and relay's wired in then she will go into the car and fingers crossed she'll fire up.

Just fed the pcm 12 volts and the asd relay clicked and the throttlebody did it's search for home position meaning she is alive folks. To late to put her in today but I might try to fire her on the engine stand if my impact can spin her.

-
Back