What have I gotten myself into?

-
yes....my welder TIGGs in a jig to minimize movement, he is an artist....I would prefer they all leave TIGGed, but to a select few, I have sold them tacked in order to save them a few $$$
I'm a hot rodder, I get it.... I likewise search for the best cost-effective method... with the most integrity, to accomplish my goals.

I can tell you love what you're doing. It's great when people find ways to put their passions and skills to good use in ways that benefit others.

If I ordered one I'd want to weld it too, just because I like using my MIG. Not that I have great skill with it but I look for opportunities to put it to use because its fun and I'm getting better with it. One day I'm going to learn TIG.

Awesome news today. Seems they lost my wheels in transit. So much for having them Friday for test fit and paint.

Edit. They found them. Shipped to the wrong warehouse. No chance I'll have them by Friday though.

IMAG0368_zpsc15331e2.jpg

Here was my $20 save. Instead of buying $25.99 rod ends I bought $14.99 rod ends and a bushing kit to adapt the end to take a 5/8 bolt.

Awesome Build, when you gonna cut that roof?

Awesome Build, when you gonna cut that roof?

Waiting to get it on the wheels and put my seat in to check for headroom. That and I'm trying to find a rear window that'll fit once its chopped. It will come off though. Maybe this weekend if I can get to the shop.

And Thank you. Hearing you say awesome build humbles me. Your car is twice the car I hope to end up with.

Tires and wheels arrived today. You don't realize how big a 295/40/20 is until you go to stuff it in the rear of a dart.

I'm going to have to post a tutorial on how to get 20" wheels in and out on the back end. HOLY CRAP that is a giant PITA with these big 295's

I take it you are going to put it on bags front and rear? How you gunna turn those tires up front without them?

Looks like they were meant to be there so... whatever it takes :)
Just don't ever get a flat :(
Are you going with black or chrome?

My wife just texted - my wheels arrived today. :sunny:

Looks like they were meant to be there so... whatever it takes :)
Just don't ever get a flat :(
Are you going with black or chrome?

My wife just texted - my wheels arrived today. :sunny:

Black. These just arrived today so I have to take the tires off to have the front wheels painted.

IMAG0396_zps05ecb7bb.jpg

Here a little teaser.

8.5 wide with 6inches of bs??? your goning to run out of clearence to the tire to fender clearence turning.. ther rack and pinion will have more travel. look at the pics of the saleen wheels i had on the car and they hit the fenders b4 the rack was out of stroke. 26in tire 18x8.5 with 6in BS. your gona have to bring in the lower A arm as far as possible. whats the rear tire 295 what?

-
Back