What hood Scoop for 66 Dart?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Does anybody have pics. or suggestions for a scoop on a 66 Dart or 65,s?I,m going to be seeing alot of track time this summer,need fresh air!!

Why do you need a hood scoop? :grin:

Picture 724.jpg

I had 66 dart gt convertable with the six pack scoop cut the hole for it and installed it from the undersid and pop riveted it,kinda looked like a shaker the way it was mounted.sorr have no pic's of it 20 years ago

Hell, I couldn't get my eyes off that bad-assed black Dart doing the boogie!
Pat

these look good on an early a-body. had one on my 64 valiant for a while and it just looked like it belonged there.

6467hemiscoop.JPG

I like the 2nd and last ones,I don,t want anything to big.I have a dual snorkle,but don,t know wether to put on my 340 Dart Sport or the 66,like Moparlee,s?I do like the 6-pac scoop!We,ll see,keep them coming!

I was thinking about a six pack scoop but I saw a SS hemi Dart style one that looked pretty cool. I think the guy posted it on here. I saw a hemi style one for sale at Moparfest late August but I was looking for a complete glass hood so I didn't get it. Still can't find anyone with a glass hood for a 65. I can't put my D4B on until I find somthing. My carb and air cleaner barely clear now with the stock hood.

There was a guy on here with a 65 rag Vart with a f.g hood with scoop.and posted the link.Maybe check early forum?Hope this helps!

I vote NO scoop. '66 Darts didn't come with them, and they couldn't race Stock classes with them. Nostalgia won't allow them either.

I was thinking about a six pack scoop but I saw a SS hemi Dart style one that looked pretty cool. I think the guy posted it on here. I saw a hemi style one for sale at Moparfest late August but I was looking for a complete glass hood so I didn't get it. Still can't find anyone with a glass hood for a 65. I can't put my D4B on until I find somthing. My carb and air cleaner barely clear now with the stock hood.
Can't you use a dropped base?

Yeah I could go out and buy an elbow for the back of the carb and use a drop base. I am just trying to use what I have. The old school D4B intake still sits pretty high and I bought a big fat K&N as well.

Here is my 65 dart with a new WS racing fiberglass hood and front bumper installed . I modified the hood to be hinged . the scoop was shortened up by 5 inches in length . bumper braces were plasma cut to lighten them.
Fits great between the lines .
almost 100#s off the front end.

raggie  GLASS  hood bumper frt view II pix.jpg

raggie  GLASS  hood bumper rt frt pix.jpg

raggie  GLASS  hood  200 pix.jpg

It's kewl you posted the pic's of the charger II,it is still in the hold of the andre'a dorea off the coast of massachussets from what I know,has the fire breathing hemi in it, was built in france and that's all that I can tell you about that subject right now,this could be a misconception but as far as I know it is truth,if anyone knows better lets hear about this awesome car and it's whereabouts
Keep it low profile Petty.
AL

charger-1964.jpg

It's kewl you posted the pic's of the charger II,it is still in the hold of the andre'a dorea off the coast of massachussets from what I know,has the fire breathing hemi in it, was built in france and that's all that I can tell you about that subject right now,this could be a misconception but as far as I know it is truth,if anyone knows better lets hear about this awesome car and it's whereabouts

If it is in the hold of the Andrea Doria, it's in worse shape than the Plymouth they pulled out of the underground vault in Tulsa!
Didn't find any info on the Charger II related to the Andrea Doria during a quick internet search. But I did find lots of information on another Mopar concept, the Chrysler Norseman, that was being shipped to the US from Ghia in Italy. It was, and whatever may still be, is in the #2 hold on the Andrea Doria

No scoop, ruins the look of the '66 only design. These birds are pretty uncommon.

-
Back