What irks you

-

daredevil

Reaction score
What do you see on cars that really looks stupid to you or ruins a car in your opinion. PLEASE and I ask PLEASE do not point out anyones car. Just trying to find common mistakes for people to see rather than learn the hard way. I will start. I hate seeing traction bars on a mopar. Also think it looks silly to have a monster scoop and little skinny tires.

X2 on your 2 irks daredevil let me add cutting a prfecly good dash up for a sound system.

Huge rims with tires that look like rubber bands. Seen a older cuttless yesterday must have had 24" rims with 2" tires. YUCK!

gay wings, aftermarket replacement suspension systems, gm alternators

Incorrect parts such as 70 dart scoops, or go wing on a 60s darts, barracudas. IMO just dont look rite.

I really don't like the big wheel with the rubber band tire set up used on mopars......or anything else.
Totally chroming the engine compartment. (anything that will unbolt)
Wheel flares (popular in the '70s)
50 million jigawatt stereos with boom tubes
'50s cars always have some sort of name or slogan on them like ''lost in the 50's'' or ''Lucille''. I bet 50% of the '58 chevy convertibles i've seen are named ''Lucille'' and are usually adorned with the crying kid dolls leaning on the front bumper at car shows. How dumb.
Disco sex lights on the inside and undercairrage.
And on the newer cars, the coffee can mufflers at the the end of the tail pipe that makes them loud and rappy.

wide tires on narrow rims, or small tires on wide rims, different diameter rims like
14" on the front 15" on the back, worst of all, an auto trans with 4speed pedal's and floor hump!

Dark window tint with the windows only rolled down 3 or 4 inches.

Big wings on the deck lids...adding a 50 pound wing on an economy
car with no hp upgrade will make it go fast....not!

Old hot rods and muscle cars with white lettered tires when these tires
were not even invented yet.

Don't get me starteddisgust

Not a big fan of bologne slicers on the back of cars,accept on Vipers,Corvettes,Ferrari,s.

Gauges on the A-pillar of a muscle car

Any rim bigger than stock on a muscle car.

Fart cans

Booming stereo,s when sitting beside you at the lights(Like I wanna hear your music?WTF?)

Homemade callouts and stripes.(ChallengerGary excluded LOL)

I meant for this to be a mopar thing to keep people from making common mistakes we have already figured out. We all know about the 50s crowd and tuner crowd. Looking for mistakes we could make.

I meant for this to be a mopar thing to keep people from making common mistakes we have already figured out. We all know about the 50s crowd and tuner crowd. Looking for mistakes we could make.

I would say bad body work. like the over use of Bondo to make body panels and done poorly.

Old hot rods and muscle cars with white lettered tires when these tires
were not even invented yet. i run raised whit letters tony

I'll touch on a few, but I could go on and on...

Go-wings installed backwards.

Engine compartments painted black, unless car is black.

Incorrectly applied stripes, painted on or vinyl.

16" or larger wheels with rubber band tires.

Cutting out an original/reproduction performance hood, (example 69 340 Swinger/GTS hood), for tunnel ram or blower clearance. Plenty of flat hoods out there for that purpose.

gm alternators on mopars, traction bars on mopars, mismatched bolts, (i like to find the factory flanged head bolts for everything) or at least use a nice ARP bolt set, or grade 8 bolts that all match, or seeing bolts that have no washer where there should be a washer, LOL, i hate too big of hose clamps and having all the extra just hanging in the air, i dont like it when the whole engine is painted together (everything the same color, bolts included LOL) I dont like clear plastic fuel filters, and huge rims rubber band tires. (17's look good, but no bigger), and i hate engine compartments painted black, it looks like ****!!!

gm alternators on mopars, traction bars on mopars, mismatched bolts, (i like to find the factory flanged head bolts for everything) or at least use a nice ARP bolt set, or grade 8 bolts that all match, or seeing bolts that have no washer where there should be a washer, LOL, i hate too big of hose clamps and having all the extra just hanging in the air, i dont like it when the whole engine is painted together (everything the same color, bolts included LOL) I dont like clear plastic fuel filters, and huge rims rubber band tires. (17's look good, but no bigger), and i hate engine compartments painted black, it looks like ****!!!

What is wrong with GM Alternators if it works better and cleans up the engine compartment?

Irked by owners who bring a really cool car to a show in an enclosed trailer. The car comes out of the trailer, gets judged, then goes back in the trailer. Hardly anyone on the show grounds gets to see it, let alone look it over closely to check out some of the details.

Cars jacked up in the rear for the "cool" look, tires that stick out on the rear past the wheelhouse, mud flaps.

What really irks me is any A-Body that has been slammed or that has hydraulics. I've seen several of those in my area.

-
Back