What irks you

-
An engine compartment with piles of chrome, headers, or non factory in some way and they ask "you like my restoration?'

Like Pete said Mopar things, when a bodyshop paints right over the pentastar emblem, vinyl tops redone using the wrong grain, generic wheel covers that remind you of a Ford or GM product. Also it irks me when people are stuck up and unfriendly when you come look at their car.

Damn, I actually fall into a few of these groups, I’m fixin to put a hood scoop on my car, but it will be a glass hood, and scoop. And I have a set of skinny tires in the back—215/60/14, but will soon be mini tubbed so I can pull myself from that group, but they will be white letter tires! And my dash was cut for a stereo (before I owned it).

And the thing I hate? Leaky headers, and I fall in that group as well!!!

Definitely hate the big, shiney wheels on an old classic. Very few 60s era cars look right with anything over 15-16" wheels in my opinion.

I'll keep it "Mopar" only...but what I hate most isn't something someone does "wrong" with their car. It's the industry. It's piss poor how you have a choice between like 12 intakes for a chebbie and only 2 or 3 for the Mopar from the same manufacturer.....and it's been that way forever. It's 2011. You'd think by now youcould get whatever the hell you wanted for these things. Can anyone say "affordable headers that fit?"

I'll keep it "Mopar" only...but what I hate most isn't something someone does "wrong" with their car. It's the industry. It's piss poor how you have a choice between like 12 intakes for a chebbie and only 2 or 3 for the Mopar from the same manufacturer.....and it's been that way forever. It's 2011. You'd think by now youcould get whatever the hell you wanted for these things. Can anyone say "affordable headers that fit?"

I'm with you big time on this one.

Hood scoops, wings, flares, huge wheels, sitting to high, flames, stripes and graphics.

all bolt on emission components that was an after thought and not designed into the engine make up in the 70s up into the 80s.

people who choose a cam by the way it "sounds"

Agreed!!!!!!!!

Those stupid stick on hood scoops.

YEA! Like, WTF is thatall about?!?!?!

An engine compartment with piles of chrome, headers, or non factory in some way and they ask "you like my restoration?'

I love this question and normaly anser, "You mean this one? (Point to said engine) Well, to be honest,...."
Then run amok with whatis wrong like I have 2 min's left in my life to read War and Peace, the Holy Bible and Websters dictonary. But hey, they asked! I won't be a jerk and point it out as a free-be.

Also it irks me when people are stuck up and unfriendly when you come look at their car.

In addition to the unfreindly look, the "restorer guy comes over and points everything out, that isn't stock." It's even more annoying when said Fudge packer gets on his extra hi-horse with self ponificating patting of his back while degrading your efforts of the restoration, though, clearly, your car is a race/hot rodded machine.

People who criticize and don't have a car of thier own...

Read above. There should be a shot gun available that kills people for 10 min.'s. So, when they wake up, they can say, "Gee, I must have been an "A" hole supreme."

License plate frames with messages.

50/50 on this one. If it sez something rightous, like, "I get mine from Direct Connection" or I love big chest women, free mustache rides, Fords blow, Chevy sucks, togther they make a fine "69", etc....... I thnk I'm OK with it.

The one that say, "I love Sharron" which really means I was beat into submission to put this here cuz I'm a totaly whipped mommas boy sitting on a stick my wife gave me....

Or

"Thanks to my wife" Which means, "Hunny, thanks for allowing me the use of the money I earned while you got fat eatting bon-bon's watching Opra at home"

Agreed!!!!!!!!

YEA! Like, WTF is thatall about?!?!?!

I love this question and normaly anser, "You mean this one? (Point to said engine) Well, to be honest,...."
Then run amok with whatis wrong like I have 2 min's left in my life to read War and Peace, the Holy Bible and Websters dictonary. But hey, they asked! I won't be a jerk and point it out as a free-be.

In addition to the unfreindly look, the "restorer guy comes over and points everything out, that isn't stock." It's even more annoying when said Fudge packer gets on his extra hi-horse with self ponificating patting of his back while degrading your efforts of the restoration, though, clearly, your car is a race/hot rodded machine.

Read above. There should be a shot gun available that kills people for 10 min.'s. So, when they wake up, they can say, "Gee, I must have been an "A" hole supreme."

50/50 on this one. If it sez something rightous, like, "I get mine from Direct Connection" or I love big chest women, free mustache rides, Fords blow, Chevy sucks, togther they make a fine "69", etc....... I thnk I'm OK with it.

The one that say, "I love Sharron" which really means I was beat into submission to put this here cuz I'm a totaly whipped mommas boy sitting on a stick my wife gave me....

Or

"Thanks to my wife" Which means, "Hunny, thanks for allowing me the use of the money I earned while you got fat eatting bon-bon's watching Opra at home"

1231_hysterically_laughing.gif

Cars advertised for sale with pics showing all the crap in the trunk, old oil filters, 4-way lug wrench, torn up mats, empty anti-freeze bottles, etc., as well as an interior with dirt and garbage on the floor, mats upside down, wires hanging from under the dash board, empty donut boxes, hub cap in the back seat, etc.

Are you selling a vehicle or a dumpster with a steering wheel?

Wings (the only wing that looks good is on a Superbird)
Dice or air fresheners
Stuff animals hanging on cars at shows (am I the only one?)
Dressed up license plates (covers, studs, words, lighted types)
Hood scoops (unless its a drag car of course)
GM parts on Mopars
STEERING WHEEL COVERS!
Braided hose covers (the ones that aren't professionally done mostly)
Anything stuck on a antenna
Stickers (Summit Racing, ACCEL, ETC... unless its a drag car)

that's it for now... lol

"that's not stock" Answer, " I know"

"that's not original" Ans, " no crap Sherlock"

"that won't win a car show" Ans, " i didn't build it to win a show, or be a trailer queen"

"I use to have one just like that" Ans," With that scoop, the roll cage, the 4 link shortened Dana, and the fuel cell in the trunk?"

" some of the bodywork shows bad lines" Ans, " Let's go look at your car; What? it's at home? This is a modified driver; I can actually drive it"

And people touching a car, even though still in primer; how many burgers and fries are on their hands?

And the final one; Benn laid off for 2 1/2 years, 60 years old, can't even get a job at Walmart, and..." I'll give you $3500 for your 70 Duster. 69 10.5 cr 340, 727, 3000 stall, all rust cut out and new metal welded in, 4.88 spool, strange axles, 10 point, new buckets, $700 ignition, on and on... And oh, I'll give you $200 for that spare 70 340 block,crank, and x heads. How much for that 68 727, and those old SS springs?

I won't sell parts anymore; I don't want these idiots around me.

I don't like it when you put BIG tires on the back and real little ones on the front and with more space between the fender and the tire than my off road ram!

X2 on your 2 irks daredevil let me add cutting a prfecly good dash up for a sound system.
This is what the knucklehead that owned our Fairlane did......and he did a miserable job of it...

-
Back