What is it?

-

charliec

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As I'm getting to a point to start re-assembly of the '68 Dart that I disassembled over 22 years ago, I am realizing the magnitude of the task. I labeled most of the parts, bagged them, and generally took lots of photos as I disassembled. But, inevitably, there are parts that I have no clue about, the attached photo being one example (some kind of throttle linkage??). I'll figure out most of them with a fair degree of ingenuity. But it got me to thinking about a thread idea....post a photo of a part that you can't identify or one that you think will stump the rest of us.
20220422_083743.jpg

I can't help you ID that part, but I can definitely contribute to the thread with questions on lots of mystery parts of my own. Haha.

My wife always says that I'm a great source of information, mostly useless information, but information just the same. :poke:
My kids called me "A fountain of useless and irrelevant information"... now I've been replaced by their smartphones.

As I'm getting to a point to start re-assembly of the '68 Dart that I disassembled over 22 years ago, I am realizing the magnitude of the task. I labeled most of the parts, bagged them, and generally took lots of photos as I disassembled. But, inevitably, there are parts that I have no clue about, the attached photo being one example (some kind of throttle linkage??). I'll figure out most of them with a fair degree of ingenuity. But it got me to thinking about a thread idea....post a photo of a part that you can't identify or one that you think will stump the rest of us.
View attachment 1715912283
It's the spring that holds the rear bow for the headliner!

How about these brackets? They’ve been soaking in gas for a while because I wanted to clean them up, but now I’ve forgotten where they came from. I think they came from my E body, but I’m not sure.
D3CFB959-2722-4F8C-AD0A-2B1E17A8E424.jpeg
DF1A06A6-0A49-4929-ACC0-2D9E1C52B4EB.jpeg

They look like half of the front anti-sway bar bushing brackets, but they don't appear to match?

I'm going with sway bar brackets. The fact that they don't match is not surprising. Many a part on these old cars has been replaced with something that almost fits.

Rear sway bar bracket would make sense. I had a rear sway bar that I never got around to installing on the Scamp I sold. I think maybe the guy who bought it is looking for some brackets now….

Thanks. Now the question is, does anyone want either one? Free. Otherwise I will throw them away.

-
Back