What Is The Best Car You've Ever Rode In On The Street?

-
My adoptive dad's 69 A56 cuda. 340 4 speed. He bought it as a used car in 1972 from a local car lot. He drove it as a regular family car up to the early 2000s. The original 340 is under the workbench and it has a 71 340 that had been put in sometime in the 80s because the original one was smoking???

The original 340 is still under the workbench today and the car is still in a storage garage today.

I only remember him getting into it one time at full throttle, any other time it was driven like a family car. The car has dual personalities because as a family car it so mannered and smooth but when he got into it full throttle, it had a scream that would stay in your ears and you can just feel the power. It is a good car.

Later I learned to drive in it because he said once I learned a stick shift, I'd be able to drive anything. I prefer manual cars because that car.

Last edited:
Best I owned was a 72 Nova with a mild 350 while in the Army. Good times in that car. Best I have ever ridden in was last summer a buddy from work gave me a ride in his 2010 Camaro. All I can say is WOW!

My last build. Great mileage, handles, stops incredibly, is plenty quick...and has the looks I still love the most, MUSCLE

cuda 7-3-22 BW bridge-Port Huron.jpg

cuda building T 2022.jpg

cuda under hood 8-2-21.jpg

Back in the late 70's, I rode in a real/original 427 Cobra. It had the MOON intake, Webers, and all the original, mint stuff. It was plenty fast...and brutal. Not a "nice" ride. Every other car has been ...just other cars.

^^^^
WOW !
Your Cuda is one fine ride !
How about more pics and build info ?

Thank you. Here's most of the build. Way too much work and details to have posted it all.....

Ma's `cuda. A long time coming.

I posted on that thread, that was my last build. Now, I'm on this board because of the "Krusty" build. LOL. Never say never.

Last edited:
My Hemi Dart.I bought a Hemi from a friend who won the 76 Winternats in an A Dragster.I took the injection off and put a Bowers blower on it and went a 155mph in 1978.Drove it back and forth to work for a couple of years.

hemi dart.jpg

This one I had the most fun in.The engine picture was before I painted the car

scan0002.jpg

befor paint.jpg
in all it's 1977 glory.346 ci in..275@50 flat tappet with a 200 shot.

This car was just way too much fun also,more so before it was painted.We street raced it with the primer on the side in 76 and 77.I can't find the time slips but I'm pretty sure it ran 118 mph.I'm sure Gord has the slips...

scan0003.jpg

charger.jpg

charger2.jpg

440.jpg

I forgot about the GTX...452 ci in 13.5 cr an old Cam Dynamics 19801 solid roller 286@50 and all the go fast goodies from back in the very early 80's.Real sleeper...I liked them that way...

gtx1984.jpg

Last edited:
That's Jack's Dart.We both had white tubed supercharged cars back in the 70's.His had a 440 and mine had a Hemi.
Those cars were twins,mine was a pearl white with factory tinted glass and his was a super white with clear glass.We never hung out we just knew about each other by reputation.

That's Jack's Dart.We both had white tubed supercharged cars back in the 70's.His had a 440 and mine had a Hemi.
Those cars were twins,mine was a pearl white with factory tinted glass and his was a super white with clear glass.We never hung out we just knew about each other by reputation.
That explains a few things, I remember both of them from way back in the day, saw Jack's at the Pony Corral last June when I was in town for a few days.

I sold my Dart in early 90's to Eddie Belfour the hockey player.He just offered too much money for the car.He would call me every couple of days and increase the amount of money he was offering.
Then one morning he showed up with a trailer and and a bag of money,I didn't want to sell but it was a big pile of cash.
Plus I had a lot of cars at the time and the Dart had not moved in a couple of years so it was not a big deal.

1970 Plymouth Superbird. Hemi, 4 speed, lime color. Engine was prepped by Mr. Landy himself. Had a cross ram, big hookers, bigger cam, yadda, yadda. The guy that took me a ride was the cousin of my boss at the time. Took me out on a 2 lane, just into 4 gear and we were over 155 mph. He said he had it at 202 mph on a big oval at one time. This was 1974. Second best ride of my life. The first one is one I rode in the back of a P51D Mustang......me in the back. Sorry, no pictures of the Superbird!

Duffy in back of P51D Mustang-1.JPG

1970 Plymouth Superbird. Hemi, 4 speed, lime color. Engine was prepped by Mr. Landy himself. Had a cross ram, big hookers, bigger cam, yadda, yadda. The guy that took me a ride was the cousin of my boss at the time. Took me out on a 2 lane, just into 4 gear and we were over 155 mph. He said he had it at 202 mph on a big oval at one time. This was 1974. Second best ride of my life. The first one is one I rode in the back of a P51D Mustang......me in the back. Sorry, no pictures of the Superbird!

View attachment 1716043197
Very cool. My best adventure, was 2 Tiger-Cruises on the SSBN Maryland [1990 and 1993 ]. First one was when the boat was brand new. Got to do everything on board, except go into engineering/reactor area. First cruise was about 30 hrs. Second cruise, I took my dad. It was a shorter deal. Amazing time. A flight in a "Warbird" is on my short-list. I'm envious.

Maryland long.jpg

Maryland at dock.jpg

Maryland Old-Glory.jpg

Maryland driving I.jpg

Maryland Driving II.jpg

Maryland at dock II.jpg

I sold my Dart in early 90's to Eddie Belfour the hockey player.He just offered too much money for the car.He would call me every couple of days and increase the amount of money he was offering.
Then one morning he showed up with a trailer and and a bag of money,I didn't want to sell but it was a big pile of cash.
Plus I had a lot of cars at the time and the Dart had not moved in a couple of years so it was not a big deal.
I had heard that Eddie had a good collection of cars.

Brother in law had a first gen Charger, the fast back style. Had a warmed up 383 in it. That car could scoot! My buddy had a 69 Dart GTS with hi po 383. That car was bad ***. But, don't hate me, but the baddest car was a 71 Chevy Chevelle with the 454 LS6 in it. THAT car pushed me in the seat like no other car ever has!

The absolute quickest for me was just a ride... in an active-at-the-time (25 years ago) '68 SS/A Barracuda, illegally on a Penn back road. A quick blast to the top of 2nd, then right back to the shop, into the trailer, and he split town. I was consumed by awe and uncontrolled giggling for about two hours afterward. The awe remains. Sweet baby Jesus that thing was quick.

Very cool. My best adventure, was 2 Tiger-Cruises on the SSBN Maryland [1990 and 1993 ]. First one was when the boat was brand new. Got to do everything on board, except go into engineering/reactor area. First cruise was about 30 hrs. Second cruise, I took my dad. It was a shorter deal. Amazing time. A flight in a "Warbird" is on my short-list. I'm envious.

View attachment 1716043207

View attachment 1716043208

View attachment 1716043209

View attachment 1716043210

View attachment 1716043212

View attachment 1716043213
Very cool also!! I too was on a tiger cruise with my son. At the time he was the Master Helmsman on the nuclear cruiser the South Carolina. I was on the bridge one day, the captain to my right and my son to left at the helm. I took this picture at just the right moment when they shot a surface to air missile to take out a supersonic drone.

4-26-2011 8;17;14 AM.JPG

-
Back