What is this wire?

-

JGizmo

Reaction score
I can't seem to figure out what this wire that attaches to the front of my cylinder head is for. Mine snapped in half.
Skype_Picture_2022_04_12T04_08_08_255Z.jpeg

Or if you are really desperate, carefully slice the wire connection leg underneath, peel it back, flux it up and solder the wire back on. Some/ many/ most/ all? of those temp sender studs are threaded, so with the addition of a couple of machine nuts, you could put an eye end onto the wire and connect it that way.

Or if you are really desperate, carefully slice the wire connection leg underneath, peel it back, flux it up and solder the wire back on. Some/ many/ most/ all? of those temp sender studs are threaded, so with the addition of a couple of machine nuts, you could put an eye end onto the wire and connect it that way.

Mine broke off, and I tried just that. But I could not find a nut that would thread on the stud. I eventually used one of those sheet metal quick nuts such as are used for badges and lettering. Anyway, I was looking to replace that with a right-angle connector, so I'm glad I found this thread.

-
Back