What is this

-

Torrance00

Reaction score
Hello all

Anyone know what this item is for, and is it replaceable?
It's up under the dash and seems to be on the #7 fuse circuit
I have been having problems with that circuit and finally I think I found the culprit
bad connection at the door jam switch, only getting 3-5 volts. replaced the connections
now OK, but this item pinged like a spring came apart.... thought that might have something
to do with a blown fuse in that line...
Part # is 3764548 90393 1684
OK, I open the case and removed the "buzzer" it still works...
Now to trace the wiring. The connection is Red hot (always0 a Black and a Blue wire
exit back into the wiring loom.
the Haynes book does not show two wires, one I would say is a ground... probably black
but not sure right now,
Thanks
Best

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1858.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 275
Had an idea that is what it is.
I think it is for the seatbelt
The key buzzer is in the same unit as the horn relay, 4 connections...
My horn works so I'll need to find the relay and check it...
best

So it turns out that the 74 is a little different in wiring then the 73. I was using a 73
shop manual for better info...
on the 74 they do not use the horn relay in conjunction with the buzzer.
the pic is the buzzer for the seat belt , and might be for the key...

74 model had a seatbelt interlock that would prevent engine start too. Most owners simply disable all that stuff. Locating a short circuit can be very difficult. I once found the wire harness worn into the floor pan metal underneath the drivers feet. Of course the carpet and padding was worn through first.

So it turns out that the 74 is a little different in wiring then the 73. I was using a 73
shop manual for better info...
on the 74 they do not use the horn relay in conjunction with the buzzer.
the pic is the buzzer for the seat belt , and might be for the key...

Make sure you jumper the factory nonsense in the start circuit, here

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=14304

Find the reset device under the hood, and jumper together the two yellow wires permanently

Dart, Redfish.. I disconnected the seatbelt interlock a long time ago....
the item is just a buzzer. It should be for the ignition key, but
it has 3 wires, 1. Red hot, 2. is a double wire, just don't know were those two wires
go to...
I'm just working my way through the wiring to make sure everything is working
except for the "seatbelt interlock" took it out
Thanks for your inputs..
Best
Dave
PS: that seatbelt interlock did give me trouble, shut down the car for about a month
took a search and one guy who told me all about it...Not even my Haynes book
referrences it...
Also the trouble I was having with starting seemed to have fixed itself.... I know
but have not had any problem starting the car in awhile now...
I had changed the neutral safety switch, and the starter relay, that did not solve the problem
then someone suggested I just jump the grd from the SR to the neg battery, well I tried that
and sometimes it would still not start. But one day it started with out the jumper and is still
starting

Post a photo of either the relay, showing the terminal layout, or a shot of the connector into which it fits, and the colors of the wires

I started a project to scan the 74 manual electrical but was not happy with results. That, then, is not completed. But I can post selected screenshots here

This it?

Attachments

• 8_177c.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 172
-
Back