what is your daily shooter?

-

SSing

Reaction score
Well, my daily driver is not worth mentioning, but I like my daily shooter...
I purchased this shotgun in 1969 and it´s still dependable. Remember this model was fairly new at the time, but I didn´t like the barrel that had the screw on type choke, so I chose two sets of barrels. And is it sweet to handle with the skeet barrel.
Since I have free range pigs, the jackdaws mostly, think the food is ment for them, but many over the years have learnt the hard way this is not the case...
What is your favorit when it comes to shotguns?
20180604 rem1100.jpg

Nice 1100 SSing. While I have acquired several different shotguns over they years. There is really only one that I go to every time. Got my old Model 500 new back in 81-82. Put thousands of round through the old girl shooting skeet, hunting and plinking. It's morphed over the years with a variety of barrels and choke tubes. And it's not pretty at all (Actually it's just plain ugly) with it's low buck camo job of different tapes, and rattle can paint LOL! But it shoots every time and has put countless wild game in the freezer over the years. Most recently tagging out with a double on day 1 of my turkey season a few weeks back ;)
20180516_053551_resized.jpg
20171015_125355_resized.jpg

Be well,
Pat

Back in the early '70s my (then) wife and I got involved in shooting trap and skeet with another couple and decided to take lessons. My favorite shooter was my Ithica 51 12 ga.
That Christmas I bought my wife a Remington 1100 12 ga., but had to get the stock shortened to fit her (she was only 5'-3" tall). When we went to pick it up after modification, the counter guy went in back of the store to find it. I'll never forget him hollering out, "Shortened to 12-3/4! Who's going to shoot this thing? A f*****g midget?!"
If there had been ammo on the counter when he brought the gun out and gave it to her, those may have been his last words!
She took the gun when we divorced (nobody else could shoot it with such a short stock), but lost it in a house fire about 10 years ago.
I still have my Ithaca but haven't shot it in years.

cut the barrel off legal, the single shot, 12 ga. 30 in barrel ( was) full choke goose gun back 30 yrs ago. Never heard of the brand. Makes me feel good to have it under the pickup seat for anything that needs a scare or shot. It does great job on squirrels ( yes they will eat up the wiring in vehicles) that makes great squirrel dumplings. With that short barrel you would think the pattern is spread terrible but NO.
MY go to bird gun was a Winchester model 12 pump from the Korean War, but it got stole years ago. Ain't no birds here in SE Tx anyway.

Daily shooter is a Sig P320 in 9mm . Made just a few miles from here . American made , American owner , American shot on American soil .

Mossberg persuader, cruiser grip 12 ga. PERFECT for home defense! Stock photo, but same weapon.
SDC14609.jpg

Para Ordnance P14 (14rd .45 cal)
I bought it 25yrs ago and customized it back in 2010 when I worked for STI.
CNC engraved
Slide polished
STI hammer, sear, disconnector, firing pin, and extractor.
Gun Craft trigger tuned to a crisp 3.5lb
Fitted Ed Brown grip safety.
Pachmyar extended slide-stop
Rear sites might be Novak, can't remember.
Hogue grips.

The gun shoots better than I do.

Last year I handed it to an instuctor to try a few shots.
He put 5 rounds in one hole (about 1-1/2") at 15 yards, rapid fire.

FB_IMG_1528150394365.jpg

Last edited:
Remington 870 20 gauge and a Springfield Champion .45 I bought to take to the Gulf War with me instead of that stinking Baretta.

As far as shot guns go, I have a few but old faithful will always be the 870 my dad got me when I turned 13.

My go to snake and pidgin gun is my JC Higgins bolt action 410. My 12 gauge is just to much for those.

I got a H&R pardner 12 gauge
Basicly a Chinese knockoff of the 870
But, I shoot better with that gun then any other 12 gauge I ever handled, and it has fired thousands of shells without a single issue

In fact, the only downside to this gun was trying to find a sling for it on eBay, you punch in "pardner sling" and I don't know what comes up, but it wasn't what I was looking for

Viavi ONX-580P copper test set. When you "shoot cable" for a living, this is invaluable for fault locating telephone lines.
upload_2018-6-4_19-26-16.jpeg

JC Higgins 12 ga double barrel coach gun. One side double ought, one side #4 law enforcement. Goodbye.

Thanks all. Enjoy your stories.
When it comes to handguns here in Sweden, it is very hard to get one unless you are member of a shooting club. It is not hard to find one though, you just mingle one night with the thugs...
I had a small slaughterhouse for my pigs for many years way back, and manage to get a license for a 22 mag. but could not find one in steel. Well Ruger had one I liked. It also had a drum for the cheaper 22 lr. Regret I didn´t pull my self together and track one down. Now it´s too late. Licens did expire many years ago.
Pictured is another old piece. My dad bought this for my older brother. Must have been 1960´s. It was cheep but did it´s job I guess. Bet there are not to many of these around... Stevens mod. 58
20180605 Stevens mod 58.jpg

Daily carry gun is a Glock 17 gen 3 Vickers Tactical edition. Flat Dark Earth cerekoted slide, Flat Dark Earth frame, AmeriGlo tritium front sight, Wilson combat rear sight, extended mag release, extended slide stop. Very accurate piece.

Next to the bed is a Remington 870, 18" bbl., extended mag tube, and a six-round side saddle shell holder.

Daily carry gun is a Glock 17 gen 3 Vickers Tactical edition. Flat Dark Earth cerekoted slide, Flat Dark Earth frame, AmeriGlo tritium front sight, Wilson combat rear sight, extended mag release, extended slide stop. Very accurate piece.

Next to the bed is a Remington 870, 18" bbl., extended mag tube, and a six-round side saddle shell holder.
Yes, I understand what you are saying. You know ten years ago I always had my guns locked up in the cabinet, but theses days when a different culture has moved in to my country, to whom law and order does not seem to exist, I always find an excuse to have one around in the barn or elsewhere...
When you say so... I think I ´m gonna get my a side saddle shell holder too. Eleven slugs is more than five... right?

Para Ordnance P14 (14rd .45 cal)
I bought it 25yrs ago and customized it back in 2010 when I worked for STI.
CNC engraved
Slide polished
STI hammer, sear, disconnector, firing pin, and extractor.
Gun Craft trigger tuned to a crisp 3.5lb
Fitted Ed Brown grip safety.
Pachmyar extended slide-stop
Rear sites might be Novak, can't remember.
Hogue grips.

The gun shoots better than I do.

Last year I handed it to an instuctor to try a few shots.
He put 5 rounds in one hole (about 1-1/2") at 15 yards, rapid fire.

View attachment 1715183595
That's a wonderful tool ,to defend yourself....

-
Back